It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a point in posting to a thread once it goes past the first page?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

This is one of my favorites! It's 727 pages long. It took a good week or so to read the whole thing, but it was worth it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is my opinion such as it is. I will read the thread not just the OP for 2 reasons, first, to see where the community is in its opinions of the topics. Second, because new information on the topic could be posted further in that could change or enhance the information in the OP. Yes, as posters above me have stated threads do sometimes become repetitive in their comments due to people not reading the thread and only the OP but sometimes there is a gem of a post hidden in plain sight for those that take the time to look. In my opinion ATS is a place to come and learn, expand horizons, and discover, to not read the whole thread seems counter productive to me. Therefore, to post further into a thread really depends on your comment or opinion. I try to ask myself each time I post, Is this going to help the thread along or is it just going to become part of its repetitiveness?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i often read entire threads and will often try and participate even if its is just little i try and evolve the conversation to see what is really the deeper meaning often more hidden some information maybe
oh and if i dont know what somthing is i ask it educates me and give thread a better shot at na na nah staying alive STAYING ALIVE

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Many people agree with my opinion - that we all read entire threads that are interesting to us and not rehashing the old unresolvable debates - so even posting here is pointless on any page, since I'm just saying the same thing. However, I do have something to add

Halfway down page one however, it seems like its turned into a "star" discussion......

This post - by ChaoticOrder received zero stars, even though it was a well thought out paragraph (2 actually) - and I'm going to star you now CO cause I do exactly the same thing.

On the other hand - 3chainz and michael1983I received stars for their one-liners that only repeat what everyone else said/joked.

Based on that evidence I say no, there is no point to posting in a thread on ANY PAGE, regardless of content, if all you're looking for is stars.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think its worth it to keep reading on, unless the thread turns into childish bickering and insults which btw seems to be the norm around here lately. You can hardly post an opinion without getting ridiculed. Some seem to forget that opinions are just that, opinions.

Anyway that's just my opinion.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

This is one of my favorites! It's 727 pages long. It took a good week or so to read the whole thing, but it was worth it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OMG, looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yes there is a point I'd say, if you are generally interested in the subject you shouldn't worry about the lenghth of the thread. If you are just looking to be a "youtube" commenter then you probably want to stay within the first page to get your sardonic reply seen.

Don't be a "youtube" commenter :p yeah right like that'll ever go away.

ps: and if someone replies to me I do feel obligated to reply back, that's the point of a discussion, right? Although sometimes there might not be a reason to reply because it might be nonsensical one-liner, or a me too I agree post, which depends on how bored I am to what sort of response I give. The internet a zoo at best.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join