It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No Cuts!' Video of UK police clashing with anti-austerity protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A comment on youtube

BBC and the mainstream media isn't even reporting these protests, i've seen little or nothing from the newsmedia as far as covering these events

I'm AMAZED I've seen nothing here on ATS

I expected the boards to be ablaze with this, 100's of thousands marching and i see nothing

another ytube comment

Londontown is falling down, falling down, falling down. Londontown is falling down, unfair banksters. What will the Queen do when it falls down, it fallls down, it falls down? What will the Queen do when it falls down? Unfair banksters. Take her money and then leave town, then leave town, then leave town. Take her money and then leave town. Unfair Royalty.

Nurses, firefighters, teachers and prison officers joined an estimated 100,000 protesters on Saturday in huge demonstrations against the government, loudly cheering calls for a 24-hour general strike.

Union officials and politicians, including Labour leader Ed Miliband, bitterly attacked the coalition's spending cuts, accusing ministers of being more interested in supporting millionaires than ordinary workers.

Link

Dave Prentis, leader of Unison, said hundreds of thousands of public sector jobs were being lost as a result of government policies.

"We are fighting for a better future. We are not here today for the millionaires - we are here for the millions of people who don't have a voice. We just can't take any more."

Unite leader Len McCluskey said millions were being pushed into poverty by a government more interested in supporting the country's elite.

Link
edit on 21-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
brilliant I love watching people clash with the pigs no matter where in the world . I just hate and can't stand the people that just sit there and take abuse from police in these situations . A song comes to mind but I would get a TnC lol It is from a band called dope and the song is *something* the police

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
CNN had showed the March but i don't know if it showed the clash or not

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There was coverage on BBC News, there have been several threads on ATS last night on this matter.

BBC News

Tens of thousands of people have marched in protest at the government's austerity measures. Labour leader Ed Miliband, among dozens of speakers who addressed crowds at the biggest march in London, received a mixed reaction. Other rallies took place in Glasgow and Belfast. The government says austerity measures are vital to cutting the deficit. Away from the rally, the Met Police said it had responded to anti-social behaviour in the Oxford Street area. Organiser Trades Union Congress (TUC), which said workers and campaigners from across the UK were involved with the demonstration, estimated that more than 150,000 people took part while the Met Police has not released an estimate.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
CNN had showed the March but i don't know if it showed the clash or not

I wasnt particularly wanting to show the clashes etc, in fact I've been trying to find a decent vid that would show the true numbers that were marchng. If anyone has links for better vids PLEASE post them

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
There was coverage on BBC News, there have been several threads on ATS last night on this matter.

I didnt know that, for some reason ATS would not show me new threads for several hours last night, I posted about it here at the time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There is a thread on here, I posted in it earlier...

The stuff at the begining of the video, was but a small bit of argy bargy by the direct action crowd. I saw them as I was standing outside the pub (had arrived at hyde park, and had no intention of listening to any labour speakers so off to the pub) all going down oxford street, few minutes later lots of police followed. Fair play to them, breaking off from the main protest and taking action away from the main, more heavily policed route. Whereas last time in March, they smashed some windows and occupied shops down 1 section of the main protest. This also caused hassle for the main bulk of people there, who were held up as the police interviened to protect their millionaire buddies. I didn't see any trouble at all on this protest, it was all out of sight, and after the main body of the march had got to hyde park.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
More people than police, yet the cop got helped and carried to safety fast and the the protestor got taken down and arrested.
People really don't know their own power.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Also, if you want to see videos of police clashing with protesters, then you'll have to wait until after the 5th. I have a feeling that the anon demo, where they've pledged to arrest any police officers who do wrong, and de-arrest anyone arrested for peaceful protest, and use their own handcuffs against them, might get a wee bit feisty.
edit on 21/10/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"Pay your taxes", seriously?

I got news for you. The IRS is a domestic Gestapo which extorts wages from people under the threat of imprisonment. Theres a reason that the IRS was created along side of the Federal Reserve.

They knew that people would never agree to giving their money to a central government gone insane with spending, so they allegedly passed the 16th Amendment (many contend that it was never fully ratified) to ensure that the federal government could enforce the stealing of your wages.

Its called debt slavery.

The architects of the debt based slavery system couldnt be more pleased with these useful idiots.

edit on 21-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think they are directing that at the corporations who, while making billions in profits, avoid paying any taxes, while using and taking advantage of the countries infrastructure that needs to be paid for somehow.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I expected the boards to be ablaze with this, 100's of thousands marching and i see nothing

Did you look here?
Tens of thousands of people are marching in protest
Search is your friend

Really glad to see more coming out about this now. Agreed it has been very quiet with regards to media coverage and what we'd usually expect to see here on ATS...

Good to know others are trying to find more info.

We need to know. We have a voice that needs to be heard. We will not be silenced by those whoseek to keep us trapped into a system that cannot support itself any longer.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Did you look here?
Tens of thousands of people are marching in protest
Search is your friend

Really glad to see more coming out about this now. Agreed it has been very quiet with regards to media coverage and what we'd usually expect to see here on ATS...

Good to know others are trying to find more info.

We need to know. We have a voice that needs to be heard. We will not be silenced by those whoseek to keep us trapped into a system that cannot support itself any longer.

Hi Extralien.
For most of last night the new post lists were not updating otherwis I'd have posted last night. Logged on today expecting to see a thread within the new topics list and NOTHING!!! so posted without searching...oops

I agree, people do need to know what is going on, amazingly so few do, such is the power of the media.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The march was in the UK, not the USA. They are chanting "Pay your taxes" because many of the big companies that operate in the UK (Starbucks, Boots, Vodaphone, etc) pay none or next to nothing in taxes. If these companies paied fair tax, the amount would cancel out the need to cut the NHS and council budgets.

Bassicaly, in theory, if these companies paid their taxes properly/was forced to pay the taxes, then austerity in the UK would not of needed to start (it has only just started, we are only on the first step of the stair case), or the cuts would not have to be as harsh as they are going to be, but instead of chasing these billions and billions lost through tax avoidence, they continue to cut funding in vunrable areas (disability benifits, NHS, etc etc).

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Protesting will do nothing. The government have their orders and will follow them.
The UK is finished, like it or not.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
brilliant I love watching people clash with the pigs no matter where in the world . I just hate and can't stand the people that just sit there and take abuse from police in these situations . A song comes to mind but I would get a TnC lol It is from a band called dope and the song is *something* the police
Actually police officers are normal human beings. Police officers are trained to do their job and in these situations this is when their public order training will be used. From your profile I take it you live in Canada so I have no idea how good or bad the police are there but over here in the UK the police are fantastic. I find it disgusting how people come on to forums and slam the police in general terms for individuals mistakes. Do you know what I really hate and cannot stand? It's mindless thugs who attend a peaceful march and break the law to get their 'point' across. The vast majority of people who were protesting were doing so in good faith and a number of them all worked for the emergency services. People should respect their public servants and civilian servants especially in roles where they save lives.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree that if there are going to be income taxes, that the highest earners should pay but that still justifies the need for a domestic tax collecting gestapo which more often than not, persecute the poor and middle class.

The emphasis has to be on cutting spending and on a fiscally responsible government so we can lessen the tax burden and eventually exterminate the IRS.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Of course fiscal responsibility should be the aim of any government. The problem is the cuts being made are being balanced on those who can least afford it. Meanwhile the corporations that use the nations infrastructure, workers and other benefits of the nation state, pay little or nothing to contribute to the nation state. The best thing to do would be to make our corporation tax lower than anywhere else . As a percentage of something has to be better than nothing. This obviously means corporations can now dictate a nations planning policy, but I guess that is the way we are going.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's an extended video of the slighlty more direct action which the boycott workfare lot took.

they gave the police a nice little run around, targetting lots of different tax dodging shops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join