It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity in Downtown Dallas , Texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15
It's sad that my first thought was that this stupid guy was in Dallas traffic shooting a video out of his driver side window (at points)!

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It's bad enough people being distracted by talking on the phone, but to be filming a video of something unexplained...WHILE DRIVING???. For Christ sake, pull over! Unless you are in a rush to the hospital with blood spurting out of your body, there is no reason that you can't pull over and film.

That being said, I'm not convinced it is legit. If they honestly thought it was a UFO, why continue driving? Why didn't they pull over to film it?

Plus, only one video, in a city that large? Nothing in the local media about "ufos"?
edit on 22-10-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

Nice post.

I agree, they can't be lanterns, plus, those are some fast moving lanterns if they are.

I have a friend thats a truck driver, truck drivers get to see a lot of UFO related things because of the time they spend on the road. While my friend actually hasn't ever seen anything, he has had the chance to hear some freaky stories from other drivers. Most of these stories come from a specific area. This area is around Yakima WA and also around the Hanford nuclear plant.

I did some research of my own and found out that there are dozens of airports listed in that general 200 mile radius, in addition to a few military bases. It turns out that the crazy amount of airports listed is because they are operated by farmers, as most of the area out there is fields and crops.

Some people think that commercial crafts are often mistaken for UFO's but I have always believed that its at least possible that airport activity could attract UFO's. Yakima BTW is the UFO capital in the nation, with more than one sighting per day on average.

There are several videos online of sightings in the Yakima area. One that I remember is of a triangle shaped craft that morphs into a different shape and colors. The only reason such a possibility would exist is if someone needed to avoid detection to avoid getting attacked. It just goes to show you there is a lot we don't know, and there is a lot more life out there than we ever imagined.
edit on 22-10-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15
It's sad that my first thought was that this stupid guy was in Dallas traffic shooting a video out of his driver side window (at points)!

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It's bad enough people being distracted by talking on the phone, but to be filming a video of something unexplained...WHILE DRIVING???. For Christ sake, pull over! Unless you are in a rush to the hospital with blood spurting out of your body, there is no reason that you can't pull over and film.

That being said, I'm not convinced it is legit. If they honestly thought it was a UFO, why continue driving? Why didn't they pull over to film it?

Plus, only one video, in a city that large? Nothing in the local media about "ufos"?
edit on 22-10-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

ive been in bumber to bumber traffic in dallas around that area. sometimes you dont have a good clean shot at pulling over and stopping your car. lots of cars in the way ... maybe he was on the left lane and no place to stop around that area. not much of a shoulder.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
While first I thought these were surely fakes, but as the video goes on, It does look like they are flying in a V formation, and I believe this video to be legit. Just my opinion

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Those are either balloons or Chinese lanterns. They are very low as he's driving right past them, and you can see them rising up from the ground.

Another non-UFO video......

So these laterns/balloons caught a jetstream that made them fly in a flying-V/wedge formation? Now THAT'S phenomenon I"ve never seen...

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I live in fortworth and noticed alot of low flying military jets today. In the back of my mind it didnt seem normal because I normally dont hear them flying so low. they were loud enough that I was able to notice when they would pass over and then loop around on a return trip. I thought maybe it was because of todays cloud cover was the reason they were flying so low and so often, or a drill of some sort. But now after hearing about this siting who knows why they were buzzing us.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationIraqiFailure

So these laterns/balloons caught a jetstream that made them fly in a flying-V/wedge formation?

These are the only V-looking formations I could find in the video.

The first one is a sloppy V

The second one looks cool as a screen cap, but if you look at the video a few seconds prior and after, it was just a brief, random alignment

Either these are free-floating objects being guided by the wind, or their pilots need additional flight training.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Has anyone else in this thread noticed the disturbing trend as of late:

1. When you get a "UFO" thread of what clearly is a balloon just hanging in the sky...

You automatically have dozens of "COMPLETELY UNRELATED POSTERS" all saying that it's a Alien Spaceship.

AND

2. When you get threads like this, where the objects have a clear and obvious relative velocity, not only to the background, and foreground, but also to each-other....

You Automatically get Dozens of "COMPLETELY UNRELATED POSTERS" all saying that they are Chinese lanterns.

Makes one think, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And on a completely unrelated note... Those candles have to be made of some sort of Magic to be THAT BRIGHT, from hundreds of feet away from the camera, against the backdrop of the clear, bright, Unclouded, Daytime sky.... eh?

Those are some POWERFUL tea-candles, aren't they?

Edit: *IN BEFORE 404*
edit on 22-10-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: secondy

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
St Elmo's fire armada.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
not sure what they are, but unless there is a remote control on those"chinese lanters" id have to say ufo still, at one point it moves from a treetop to roof of house pretty quickly and the person pans to the right, so its not just a weird angle.

either way never a freakin good zoom on this crap, i cant believe not one profesional photographer with a tele zoom lens can get a frwakin shot of these things.

fun to watch either way ^^

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Have you seriously never seen Chinese lanterns?

They are very bright and can easily be seen from hundreds of feet away.. more like thousands.

They do look out of the ordinary, because... they are. I see them about as often as meteors, probably less.

But, they are just lanterns.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Are you actually stating, for the RECORD, that you think the objects in this video are... Chinese Lanterns?

Seriously?

A formation of fast moving, Brightly daylight visible, chinese lanterns...?
edit on 22-10-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: Are you for Real?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
Has anyone else in this thread noticed the disturbing trend as of late:

1. When you get a "UFO" thread of what clearly is a balloon just hanging in the sky...

You automatically have dozens of "COMPLETELY UNRELATED POSTERS" all saying that it's a Alien Spaceship.

AND

2. When you get threads like this, where the objects have a clear and obvious relative velocity, not only to the background, and foreground, but also to each-other....

You Automatically get Dozens of "COMPLETELY UNRELATED POSTERS" all saying that they are Chinese lanterns.

Makes one think, doesn't it?

There is no scientific backing to suggest that these are Chinese lantern or Weather balloon
edit on 22-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Are you actually stating, for the RECORD, that you think the objects in this video are... Chinese Lanterns?

Yep

Not that it matters a hill of beans, but that's what I think.

EDIT: What do you think they are?
edit on 22-10-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

EDIT: What do you think they are?

Not Lanterns, Not Balloons.

They were moving with their own velocity, some in formation, and some in different directions.

This precludes the wind from moving them, because if it WAS the wind, they would all be moving in the same direction.

They were clearly very bright during the daylight... and it cannot be a reflection of the sunlight, because they were all in different positions, and they would have had different levels of illumination from the reflection due to the different angle of reflection.

I find it hard to believe that they were all reflecting on dude's camera, at the same time, in the same way.

WHAT they were... as far as I *KNOW* is Unidentified craft of some sort, with their own independent motive power system (Thrust), and glowing for some reason... not reflecting light.

Other than that.... it would be premature of me to say.

But they were *NOT* balloons, or Lanterns.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

They were moving with their own velocity, some in formation, and some in different directions.

The car was moving pretty much the whole time…perspective. They weren't moving so fast, the car was changing the camera perspective.

Some in formation for a second or two, most in different directions... Floaty objects.

They were clearly very bright during the daylight...

The street lamps were lit in the video. It was not bright daylight, most likely twilight. Chinese lanterns are easily seen in twilight

I agree that they were not balloons. Too bright to be balloons.

EDIT:

and glowing for some reason... not reflecting light.

Lanterns glow, quite brightly.

edit on 22-10-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The car was moving pretty much the whole time…perspective. They weren't moving so fast, the car was changing the camera perspective.

Then perhaps you would like to explain why EVERYTHING in the scenery (Trees, Billboards, Overpasses, Light-posts, etcetera) was moving BACKWARDS (left) and some of the lights were moving FORWARDS (Right)?

Do you know how perspective shifts work?

The street lamps were lit in the video. It was not bright daylight, most likely twilight. Chinese lanterns are easily seen in twilight.

Do you not know the difference between a 277 volt street light, and a Tea-Light-Candle?

The difference in illumination is ASTOUNDING.

Lanterns glow, quite brightly.

They don't move that fast, man.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

This precludes the wind from moving them, because if it WAS the wind, they would all be moving in the same direction.

I didn't know it was Fleet Week in Dallas???!!?!?!

...oops... wrong fleet...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MarkJS

ETA: Just had another thought: Maybe their flight-patterns are their way of spelling out letters to form a message?

What up Mark

I thought of that also for a fleeting moment. In my mind the logistics would be very vague with a low enough level of expectancy to keep anything intelligent from that kind of inclusion. "Crop circles" are still barely a maybe, so air circles for sure would not be seen.

When I see them lining up- three in a row... then diverging... it makes me wonder. This is not in the video the OP had, but rather in the other one: on page 4 of this thread.. See around 1:28-1:30 timeframe.

Even if we, or specifically someone who knows their stuff- can discern repeatable flying patterns in these sightings, even if we don't know what it means, or what exactly they are doing... then the whole controversy of chinese lanterns, balloons etc... would be non-existent.

ETA... the 'V', or triangle formation in the OP's video should be sufficient... at least in my mind it is.
edit on 23/10/2012 by MarkJS because: clarification

edit on 23/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join