It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity in Downtown Dallas , Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I vote for UFOs .

They surely are flying in the ' V ' formation .

Nice catch OP

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
looks like this one in Mansfield on 20/10/2012...

can't figure out if this is mansfield UK or mansfield texas.
edit on 22-10-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
reply to post by randyvs

Have you noticed when these Mysterious objects fly in group , in many instances , they fly in some kind of specific pattern / Formation .

edit on 21-10-2012 by sTrE3tFigHt3r because: (no reason given)

Interesting possibility. I'm no UFO expert... but from my perspective, ... would conclude at this juncture that yes, they are seem to appearing more and more in fleets in the last few years (at least the smaller ones. The big triangle ones are still singular). Perhaps a mathematician can calculate trajectories, calculus function, or some obscure geometric shape flying patterns (similar to how astronomical 'characters' are drawn-in - using the stars in the night-sky).
CBS News- UFOs over NYC
Back in the day.... it was almost always one'sies or two'sies. What does this mean?

ETA: Just had another thought: Maybe their flight-patterns are their way of spelling out letters to form a message??

edit on 22/10/2012 by MarkJS because: added ETA at bottom.

edit on 22/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm really not trying to be a nay-sayer but I grew up in that area and every year they have a hot air balloon festival. And even when its not festival time, you will see a lot of hot air balloons.

Mind you, this is just my theory from watching the video and comparing it to the Dallas skies that I grew up with. Take it for what it is, but I honestly think it's just hot air balloons.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

This one is debunkend as a fake...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

video is either...

extremely faked, 6-8 people out there with RC helo's with LED lights attached.. or it's real..

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
gotcha! thnx.

i did a search for mansfield. found nothing.

then found a thread titled manchester ufo and the video was in that. read the thread. understand now.

damn, wish it were real.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
IMO this video is legit.

Only question is drones or ufos?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Good Find OP. You know it's amazing how many people forget to stop, and just look up.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It has to be balloons.. The Plano Balloon Festival was from September 21 thru the 23rd... The balloons light up and glow when the burners are ignited to go higher and get dim as the burners are turned down or completely off.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Chinese lanterns move that fast?
Watch the video again and watch the speed of movement between the objects, using only the objects as reference points.
I know it's hard to see the movement from a video shot in a moving car, but you can see it.
Start at about 55 seconds.
I don't know what they are yet, but an interesting video non the less.

They do appear to be moving quite fast near the end of the video. Looks like there's very little wind too, if you watch the trees. Interesting...
edit on 22-10-2012 by thoiter because: typo

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting Video! Would be nice to hear the personal account of the guy who filmed it, or someone else who saw them.

I have seen something very similar in 2010, I had multiple sightings over the summer, a couple of which performed aerial acrobatics (coolest thing I have seen in my life).

I'm going with the UFO vote on this one.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell people see with their eyes....
-The only thing they can be mistaken for is balloons..... and they still don't look or move like balloons.

....I'm sure we could sit here all day and argue what they could be ..... drones, balloons, lanterns, RCs ...etc

But common sense rules out 99% of those...

edit on 22-10-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

ETA: Just had another thought: Maybe their flight-patterns are their way of spelling out letters to form a message?

What up Mark

I thought of that also for a fleeting moment. In my mind the logistics would be very vague with a low enough level of expectancy to keep anything intelligent from that kind of inclusion. "Crop circles" are still barely a maybe, so air circles for sure would not be seen.

Respectfully
edit on 22-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Let's use our heads here.

a city with 3+ million people and...

1 video?
no news-coverage?
during the last weekend of the state fair which features a Chinese Lantern launch?
with 1 video?
and no news-coverage

ok

edit on 22-10-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I live about 30 miles east of Dallas, and I saw one of them last night at dusk - in the sky to the west. It was so odd to see that I slowed down (I was driving) so I could watch it longer before it became obscured by trees. What I saw was bright. The photos of the objects glowing have the color right - but don't convey the brilliance. As I was driving, it just appeared brightly in the sky - remained stationary for 15-20 seconds (from my perspective), then faded over about 5 seconds.

I've been around a lot of aircraft in my life, and I've never seen anything like that. The brightness and color were remarkable.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
Interesting Video! Would be nice to hear the personal account of the guy who filmed it, or someone else who saw them.

I have seen something very similar in 2010, I had multiple sightings over the summer, a couple of which performed aerial acrobatics (coolest thing I have seen in my life).

I'm going with the UFO vote on this one.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell people see with their eyes....
-The only thing they can be mistaken for is balloons..... and they still don't look or move like balloons.

....I'm sure we could sit here all day and argue what they could be ..... drones, balloons, lanterns, RCs ...etc

But common sense rules out 99% of those...

edit on 22-10-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

I support your view
. Common sense tells these are Unidentified objects .

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

The first part was interesting because they were darker in appearance ,however if you pause the video between 1:03 &1:04 you can see that the objects are Chinese lanterns with the tell tell glow at the bottom with a whiter top. Seen these thing many times how and yes with a good wind they can mover surprisingly fast.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It irks me so much that anyone could say that they are "absolutely" certain that they aren't UFOs.
How? How can you be absolutely certain? Can you fly up there and grab one to show us?
Whatever you think, it's still speculation, and nothing is absolute.

But anyway, I'm calling legit. Good catch OP.

PS. Why are people saying they can't be UFOs because there was no news coverage? Do you really think the news will cover each and every sighting? If they saw the video, could they not have thought they were chinese lanterns or balloons as well? Then there are a bunch of other factors towards why they wouldn't give it coverage. Come on, that's a weak excuse.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

I wonder if the police in the background are responding to calls about these UFOs. The fact that the cameraman isn't saying anything or even commenting about those objects has me thinking that he figured they were lanterns or weather balloons. Great vid though!

That area of Interstate 30 is called the mix-master and there are daily accidents during rush hours.

It's sad that my first thought was that this stupid guy was in Dallas traffic shooting a video out of his driver side window (at points)!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Those are either balloons or Chinese lanterns. They are very low as he's driving right past them, and you can see them rising up from the ground.

Another non-UFO video......

How is it that so many people have access to these weather balloons and that they manage to always float in formation. Such clever lanterns

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join