It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity in Downtown Dallas , Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It certainly is right around the fairgrounds.. today is the last day of the fair and it looks like the video was taken yesterday. From this chart it looks like winds were S yesterday from 3-20. I'm reading up on the festival and it sounds like a fancy display of lanterns, but haven't seen a write up on releasing any. It would makes sense though. Ah well!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

at that low of an altitude
reply to post by _BoneZ_

What altitude are the objects at?
How did you come to this altitude?
Because you know the altitude,and the light post size overpass size and so on, then you know how big the objects are.
How big are they?
If the wind is moving the objects that are the same size, then why does one move a lot faster then the others?
They all must be close if they are the same size and at such a low altitude, so why does the wind pick and choose?

If you would of said toys, or CGI, then I would consider your input, but to say Chinese lanterns or balloons is a bit dismissive in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
If you would of said toys, or CGI, then I would consider your input, but to say Chinese lanterns or balloons is a bit dismissive in my opinion.

It's not dismissive. That's exactly what they look like, and exactly how they're flying. It doesn't matter, though, as people in this thread who are already in that area have confirmed that they are Chinese lanterns from the fair nearby to where the video was taken.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Chinese lanterns move that fast?

Or balloons. I'm going with balloons. Again, they are very low and he drives right past them. If they were "real" UFO's at that low of an altitude, there would be tons of pictures and videos and news stations reporting it.

The fact that they are rising up from the ground is an indication that they are most definitely not UFO's, but of something terrestrial like Chinese lanterns or balloons. The wind speed would dictate how fast balloons will travel through the air.

I have no doubt they are balloons (or Chinese lanterns) since this was not in the news and nobody else saw fit to record it.

So how are you estimating the distance the witness is from these objects again? Oh that's right, you can't. Why state things as fact that you cannot possibly verify?

edit on 21-10-2012 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

This looks to be the real thing OP. Separated but fixed points of light. I've seen this in Apple Valley once in 2008.
Nice catch.

SnF
edit on 21-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Hay Randy,
Agreed, nice catch.
These sightings seem to be on the rise.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
These sightings seem to be on the rise.

Yep. Videos of Chinese lanterns seem to be on the rise.

W
W....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

has anyone thought of the possibility that NAS Dallas or Carswell AFB

Dallas NAS has been closed for years....Carswell is now Carswell Joint Reserve Base for the AF and Navy

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
From looking at the large screen you-tube video it appears that the person is driving west on I-30 and is near City Hall and the Convention Center....well West of the fairgrounds and the National Weather Service checked the winds at 6:53 pm they were from the south at 13-23 mph.

In conclusion

a) they couldn't be chinese lanterns launched from the fairgrounds due to prevailant winds
b) if they were weather baloons they would be going directly over downtown and into the glideslope of Love Field which with the prevailing south winds would have planes taking off towards downtown.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It might be just impression but there seems to be a triangle pattern near the end of the video...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Jets still fly out of Dallas NAS on a regular basis: Texas Air National Guard. Carswell receives a number of flights as well. Military air shows in this area usually fly out of one of these bases rather than commercial airports.
It was not my intention to infer that any operational readiness units were based there.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem like UFO's seem to pop up more and more often, and in larger numbers? I can't remember the last time there were this many UFO's in an area at the same time, incredible, it seems like something is coming. Just the things going on, the discoveries constantly being made, and the high level of disasters that happened in the last 2 years, I could just be paranoid though.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ya know...in image D; inverted color; they sure do look like helicopters. Can kind of see the whirlybird effect on the first left one.

Am always suspicious of anything filmed over, in or around Dallas.........such a busy, deceptive city!!!!

Namaste....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Well, the Texas State Fair had a bad week with Big Tex burning down and the Stratosphere ride stranding fairgoers for several hours so I am not surprised to see the possibility of strange orbs in the sky over there.

But I'm pretty sure it's Chinese Lanterns.

edit on 21-10-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

I think the inverted colour pic suports this, mainly cause in that pic they really do look like lanterns. Pity.
edit on 21-10-2012 by mobtek because: clarification

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

These sightings seem to be on the rise

Hey Vio,
I would say big time at the moment and increasing in frequency at a steady pace.
Whatta ya think is up with that ? To me it seems more and more like there's an increasing
possibility for 2012 to be an apex of something all though I can't put my finger on it.
edit on 21-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I used to live in DFW, close to the DFW airport. First of all, they don't let planes fly that close together, and definitely not in a "v" formation. DFW gets a heck of a lot more air traffic than Love Field. It didn't look like jets to me.

Secondly, they release weather balloons out of southeast New Mexico each year, and they fly over our house. They can get pretty far up there and look like illuminated dots, but they do not fly in formation. Plus, putting weather balloons out so close to Love Field is just asking for a disaster. I don't think it's weather balloons.

Chinese lanterns? I suppose so, but I just have a problem with them lining up in the v formation.

I'm not saying these were ships from space, but the explanations put forth do not ring true for me. I have seen lights in a "v" formation, and it was one of those TR-b3 triangular aircraft. Definitely man-made, definitely freaky.

Cool video, OP. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Guess we know who killed the Big Texan Display.

Interesting, I have no clue what they are.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have a question. How do Chinese Lanterns go from being silhouettes in the beginning of the video to all lit up or emanating light at the end?

Thats not "lanterny" behavior.

Another question I have is... why did he stop filming?

Video has that Quick cut to cut aspect that doesn't quite give the viewer time to fully absorb the view.

And... thanks OP for the forensics link. That is cool.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Eerily similar to what the WWII pilots described as Foo Fighters - light balls flying in close formation.

Too early to tell atm - does anybody know where the other thread is that Randy referred to?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Swamp gas.

But seriously good find OP.

ETA: That looks legit. S/F.

-SAP-
edit on 21-10-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I am not sure what to make of these objects. It could be a number of things. Could be balloons, could be planes... Could be anything....

I have not heard anything on the local news about sightings in the area...But that is par for the course really.

My gut feeling is that there is an earthly explanation for these objects, but, being from the area, I will be keeping an eye out and a camera ready .... Just in case.

Just my luck though, a "sighting" in the area, right after I have a cervical fusion and have to wear a neck brace making it pretty hard to look up

edit on 21-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join