It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange paranormal experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Now, I did not experience this but my sister did. She called me this morning to tell me both she and her husband heard something this morning that they don't have an explanation for.

My sister and her husband are small business owners and they usually get up early to start their business. Today, they got up around 3 am and she told me at approximately 3:18 am, both she and her husband heard a strange, sharp flute-like audible sound that lasted for approximately 30 seconds before it slowly faded out.

She said they couldn't quite pinpoint where the sound was coming from but it was "definitely" coming from within the house somewhere. They checked everywhere but could not find a source and she was adamant it was not coming from any equipment, such as heater, home alarm, etc. They have an older teen-aged son living with them. They checked his room. He was fast asleep. Nothing was seen or heard from his room that may have indicated an instrument making noise, etc.

I asked her if she thought it might have come from outside. She said they opened the door and checked but at that hour, nothing was evident to the contrary. She said she was sure the sound was coming from the house but wasn't sure if it was near the ceiling, the basement or living room.

I told her if she can rule out outside noise and also rule out equipment noise then my only conclusion was something paranormal.

Anyone else heard anything like this? Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

could they have put the heating on ,it could of been water gong though the pipes

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi, very very intrigued that after I have a very strange experience, I come onto ats to find someone else has had the same thing happen to them. So I think all this happened around 4:30-5:30 in the morning off and on. So I was dreaming and I was hearing this noise in my dream and I was searching for what is was. So I woke up but I could still hear this odd high pitch one tone noise. I thought I was still dreaming so I just lay there but the noise continues. So I realize that this noise is coming from somewhere in the house, I get up and look around and can't find anything. The noise stops I go back a lay down. So I'm thinking I haveNt heard the furnace kick on, maybe it's that the motor is gone on it and is squeeling. But then the furnace kicked in. (Just like to add right now as I'm writing this it just happened again) so after that it happens again and I get up and turn on all the lights and search but every time I think I'm getting close to the source it sounds like its coming from somewhere else. And then I come on here after sleeping for a while and see your post so my questions for you are, where is your sister located? Has it snowed there at all? What's the temp? Wind? I'm in northern Alberta/ sask Canada. It snowed yesterday for the first time this season. Wind is not really out of the ordinary. Temp is starting to go down over the past our days.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bls0152

She is in the Maryland area. Right now temperatures are in the 60s and no, we have not turned on the heat nor air because of the excellent weather. So, that rules out water pipe or HVAC noises. Those were the first things she and her husband checked out.

As far as they are concerned, it is still unexplained.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Same here. It's still happening through the day. Soon as I get closer to it it goes away now!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Could this be those strange noises coming from the sky that were so vastly reported by witnesses back in the first part of this year?

Maybe they have started again?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So your sister and her husband heard this strange flute-like pitch at the same time, shortly after they woke up around 3am?

Were they both in the same room at the time too?

Possible some sort of electronic device or noise from outside...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by sled735
Could this be those strange noises coming from the sky that were so vastly reported by witnesses back in the first part of this year?

If I remember correctly, the strange noises from the sky were rumbling sounds, rather than what OP describes it as...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
So your sister and her husband heard this strange flute-like pitch at the same time, shortly after they woke up around 3am?

Were they both in the same room at the time too?

Possible some sort of electronic device or noise from outside...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by sled735

If I remember correctly, the strange noises from the sky were rumbling sounds, rather than what OP describes it as...

The ones I read about and listened to on You Tube weren't rumblings. They sounded more "metallic", if that makes any sense. There were also different pitches to the tones heard earlier this year.

Another angel blowing it's horn?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I tried to convince her it must have been coming from outside but she was adamant it seemed to be coming from within the house as opposed to from outside, although she had no proof. Just a strong intuition from her stand point.

I will try to get some more feedback from my brother-in-law in the morning but I take my sister's word for what she experienced. I am just not sure of the source.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
it possibly could have been someones ringtone for their cell phone, I'm thinking the sons since most of them use tons of differant ringtones for every contact and tones for text,calls,voicemail, facebook notifications ect.

Plus you said it lasted about 30 sec and faded out. That's about as long as a ringtone and most fade out.

Who knows, but it seems plausible

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

In my house its just me and my girlfriend. It was not our cell phones because we have them on our night tables so it couldn't have been that. It wasn't the door bell, it wasn't the smoke detector, it wasn't the furnace, it wasn't the hot water heater, the fridge, the water cooler, the tv... I went over everything and tested it!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bls0152

Yep, sounds like you definitely have something extraordinary going on in your house.

In my sister's house, not so sure. She has ONE son and yes, he was fast asleep at that time and NO, that was not his ringtone. She spoke to him about it also.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

ok .. not sure if this is relevant but, last night at around 4am PST, I was in bed getting ready to sleep and the wife had just woken up went to the little girls room, and crawled back in bed...I started to turn over when

she said.. "Is that your cell phone and who's txt'n you at this hour" ..
Me: " what.. no my cell phone is on my desk, I didn't hear anything.."
Wife: " check your phone, some just texted you .. i'm sure of it.."
Me: "my cell phone is on the desk in the dining room"
Wife: "how can that be, my phone doesn't sound like yours at all .."

So today, I get up, go to church, realize my phone isn't in my jacket, and think it's back home.. I get home, forget about it .. wake up and realize.. I've now lost my cell phone .. i can't find it anywhere I normally put it..

Desk, not there, 2nd dresser drawer...not there.. it's like it's gone.. not in the car...either

top topics

join