It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi I'm Bi-polar, do you have any questions?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDown316

The lull in the middle is probably closest to the real person but you need to understand that Bi-polar effects people in very real ways that have a huge influence on how they form relationships. P_atcie4nce is definately neeeded, but always remember that they are not always in control of their moods.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Well the research institue in Cardiff (biggest bi-polar research project in the world) seems to think there is a link, but I am not a research scientist so I cannot provide you any proof.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Well the research institue in Cardiff (biggest bi-polar research project in the world) seems to think there is a link, but I am not a research scientist so I cannot provide you any proof.

I will look on this more and if I can provide a link to any results I will post them.

I am so interested because my mom is Bipolar, and so am I.

I try my best to mask it because this curse has plagued my confidence in myself since as far back as I can remember and has caused unnecessary doubt in myself.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Is it possible to have more depression than mania, or vice versa?

I ask because I was misdiagnosed as bipolar about a year ago, and it took my doctors about a month (after being on Lamictal, which made me even more depressed) to say, 'You know what, maybe you're just depressed.'

Anywho, I ask because at the time I fit the criteria and was a bit confused that the Lamictal wasn't working, only Abilify/Lexapro.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All the manic depressives I've known personally or read about are exploitive and manipulative of other people but this is never listed as one of their traits. Why is this?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Probably because everyone is manipulative and exploitive to some degree, and not all bipolars are more so than average.

It is interesting that a good chunk of those labeled with antisocial personality disorder comorbidly are diagnosed with bipolar.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join