It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 Discussion Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Good afternoon ATS'ers,

I couldn't see any active BF3 discussion threads floating about, so have decided to make one!

There's been plenty of games that I've really enjoyed playing over the years, but non more so than this one....it has everything!

I was always into the COD series until a close family member of mine urged me to give it a try, and when I did I couldn't believe how much this games beats the living s**t out of Call of Duty in every shape and form!

So, do you play BF3, and if so what console, Xbox, PS3 or PC.

I play on the 360 with the gamertag: | U11 | Nemesis.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm considering getting it but Halo 4 is majorly overshadowing everything except assassin's creed 3 for me at the moment.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I have always been a massive fan of the Battlefield games. Unfortunately, when BF3 came out my PC was outdated so I bought it for my PS3. Big mistake, I really can't do FPS on a console. I need a mouse and keyboard for FPS so I even went as far as to buy one of those mouse and keyboard converters, cost me £60. Complete waste of money, so unresponsive.

I have since upgraded my PC so it would run BF3 but there are like 4 add on packs already and I am just too far behind now to warrant the cash it would cost me to buy them all.

Still, Battlefield games are by far the best first person shooters ever created. I just play BFP4F now and then. It's basically BF2 revamped but it satisfies my BF cravings, for now. Plus I have some sick guns and outfits on it.

I will no doubt get BF3 for my PC at some point but I'm not in a hurry.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

xbox tag = x DarK NewT x 1 of my fav games to lol i'll have a game with you

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Will look forward to expanding our ATS experience to Battlefield then!

Anybody have Premium?

I purchased it last month and really glad I did now, great opportunities to get easy bonus points just by completing the assignments.

The 4th Installment is due for launch in December (Aftermath)

edit on 21-10-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Holy crap! Bows and arrows!? Ok, I'm buying it, tonight!!! hahaha

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I bought it on PC and played through the singleplayer campaign as my internet connection is not fast enough to allow multiplayer.

From a single player point of view, overall, the storyline was boring. The gameplay could have been better. There were a number of bugs. Far too much of the game involved pressing buttons in the correct sequence.

It did not have the same feel as the previous Battlefield titles. It was fairly obvious that they were looking to compete with the Call of Duty series. And in that respect, they mostly failed. Although the graphics were pretty good.

The one cool factor they did have was the destructible terrain feature. You are ducked behind a wall but that wall is quickly disintigrating by enemy fire. Fantastic feature.

One thing I wish they would have added to either the Battlefield series or Call of Duty series is a loadout option. I always hated getting stuck with whatever firearms the developers chose for me. They should have borrowed that particular concept from the Rainbow Six Vegas or Swat series.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I'm the same way, mouse and kb > console controller, at least for me that is. It's kinda odd though, on other types of games I definitely need a controller opposed to the mouse and kb set up. Had to buy a 360 controller when I bought GTA IV for the PC.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I just bought Armoured Kill for PS3 a couple days ago and I love it.

All I really do is run around as Recon and try to stay alive as long as possible,
I only kill if I have to cause I like to observe the battles and find my way across the battlefield alive.

I used to be an avid gamer, all over the place but now I only play Counterstrike and BF3 both for that reason.

I just like to survive, it's the real challenge, and since it's something i'd like to do in real life, it's always good to practice. And I transfer my 'skills' to real life (sighting/listening)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

I'm the same man. I love game pads for GTA and racing games.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I loved Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142.. but battlefield 3 just lost that original 'fun' aspect.
Its a good, complex game.. but for me, personally, all the reasons i loved battlefield didn't exist in number 3.
So I played COD.
But I sold my PC, the best I can play now is Commander Keen.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I played 1943, currently play BF2 Bad Co. on PS3 trying to max out my rank. I will be getting BF3 Prem as I have a sweet discount form Origin. I love the BF series.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

hey man i play bf3 on ps3 add me Brakedance-Kid
battlelog.battlefield.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've loved Battlefield since Day 1, Played COD until MW 1, and went back to BF. I still play Bad Co. 2 and BF2 from time to time but BF3 is mostly all i play.

Gamer Tag - Diggz xLOSx

I mostly play Conquest, TDMC, or DOM on Hardcore. Just recently discovered how fun Tank Superiority is when your playing with friends!

Add Me!!
edit on 22-10-2012 by Diggz because: I play on the 360 by the way

edit on 22-10-2012 by Diggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Did I just see them with Shades? or is that just to make them look more cool and they arent going to put them in-game?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diggz

Did I just see them with Shades? or is that just to make them look more cool and they arent going to put them in-game?

Quite possibly.

All I know for certain regarding the last two game add-ons is that the new mode of transport is motorcycles....in End Game at least.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I played Battlefield 2 for years on the PC. Freakin love that game, good memories of Wake Island 2007. I got BF3 the day it came out for the PS3. All I ever play is Kharg Island on Rush. If I had a PC that could run BF3 I'd most def be gaming on the PC. Battlefield is the FPS of all FPS' I can't stand Halo or COD.

EDIT: Wake Island 2007 is my fav map of all time. Was SO excited when they released Wake for BF3. Was SO dissapointed with BF3 Wake. God that map stinks. I wanted it to be an exact replica of Wake Island 2007 from BF2 with updated graphics, but they butchered that map.
edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Xbox and PC

Though, can't wait for the new COD Black Ops

Only reason I preferred Battlefields over the last COD is because of the amount of hackers running rampant on the game, COD. I wish they would put in a little more effort to prohibit these little cheaters cause they're spoiling the game for the rest.

Eventually you'll have to cheat in order to be able to compete with the others. Totally ridiculous

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I just bought BF3 on PS3 this last friday, walmart had it priced for 40$, but the old man at the register only charged me 30$ xD gotta love glaucoma

Anyways, i #ing LOVE this game. I used to play CoD, but id always get bored after a few games of just going around killing others on tiny maps with no vehicles, and i fell off with CoD after the whole zombie craze, zombies arent my thing. But tanks, put me in a tank, and no one on the other team is making it out of my cross hair alive

In the few days, and few hours ive had to play, ive already unlocked thermal optics for MBT's, and TOW's for LAV's, and ive racked up atleast 300 kills in tanks, 3 of those were jets xD

Alls i need now is a headset...playing without one is really annoying, you feel like a hindrance to your squad, and when youre in a vehicle with someone, communication is VITAL. there have been countless time where im riding gunner and an enemy tank blows us to bit because the driver is too incompetent to find, or engage the target, while i easily could have called it out for them.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
come play planetside 2 you console noobs.

Did I mention it's free?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join