It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEHIND THE VEIL: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

lol, what makes you so crazy in this apologetic for mormonism you've attempted in this thread is you cannot accept facts that make you.....CRAZY. yOU HAVE HEARD FROM Christians that claim mormons are not Christian, they are a cult. You admit mormons do not claim to be Christian, and even churchians, which I believe you were claim they are not Christian. Yet you claim they are holding to the tiniest of thread hoping your stubborness wins the day...lol.

Why do you waste your time addressing me?

You know I will not respond to your insane nonsense.

You bait. I don't want any part of it. Others should be wary too.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by manna2

lol, what makes you so crazy in this apologetic for mormonism you've attempted in this thread is you cannot accept facts that make you.....CRAZY. yOU HAVE HEARD FROM Christians that claim mormons are not Christian, they are a cult. You admit mormons do not claim to be Christian, and even churchians, which I believe you were claim they are not Christian. Yet you claim they are holding to the tiniest of thread hoping your stubborness wins the day...lol.

Why do you waste your time addressing me?

You know I will not respond to your insane nonsense.

You bait. I don't want any part of it. Others should be wary too.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
iF YOU EVER agreed with me or I with you I would be frightened to the core.
imho, you are so anathematical to the truth of things that is even remotely to do with spiritual truths that I cringe at you agreeing with me on even the most minute details and your apologetic for mormonism proves it as you contradict yourself and it doesn't even register on your radar. So thanks sooooo much for the extreme compliments

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mysticblade
Jehovah and Elohim as two separate Gods ? That's a new one on me. I , wrongly it seems, assumed they were just different names for the same entity. Also, unless I am mistaken, isn't "Elohim" a plural word in Hebrew ?

This is simple to explain.

Jehovah (YHWH, Yahweh) is the Proper Name of the Eternal God of Creation (means the self-existing one/Eternal)

Elohim is the family name for what God is creating, currently there are only 2 members of Elohim (God's family); Jesus Christ (first of the firstfruits) and Yahweh.

Elohim is like calling John Smith, "Smith". All Smiths (plural form of Smith) are called Smith, but John Smith is a specific member of the Smith family; so to is Elohim regarding the Eternal God and His son.

Yahweh (Jehovah) Elohim is God the Father.
Jesus Christ Elohim is His son the King and High Priest of God's Kingdom soon to be established on Earth.

Both are called Elohim currently, but they are two seperate beings. In God's perfect timing all mankind will have oppertunity to become Elohim, this is our purpose in physical life, but not during this age.

At the close of this age (by June of next year) God will add 144,000 members of Elohim (Mary, Apostles, David, Moses, Solomon, Arron, Joshua, Elijah, Isiah, Jonah, Job, Joseph etc. summarized as the "first fruits" of salvation) as the Kingdom of God (Temple of God, Government of God, Family of God, "Elohim" of God) is established over all the Earth.

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Check this out.

The Secrets of Scientology

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
After reading through the thread I can see that it has turned into a Doctrine debate rather than what the video was meant to invoke. There are a few posters on here that I can tell want to defend their culture, so to speak.

I grew up in the heart of Mormon culture and have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. I started to question the religion when I was around 8 years old. I am now almost 30 and am very happy to have an ever changing belief of what is out there and what happens after we die which I base on Science.

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Of course the book of Mormons is NOT true, it was written by a known con man, its absolutely ridiculous, its nothing more then a successful cult.

And why mormons were doing this crap in the vid and other religions doing the same kind of rubbish with secret oaths and missions from imaginary gods, science were sending back live feeds from mars soil samples, and redbull was dropping a man 24 miles up, from the edge of space.

Maverick ..... that pretty much sums it up. Well said.

To ME ...as an ex-Mormon ..... this video confirms ONE THING

That Mormons, just like Muslims, Orthodox Jews, Catholics, Masons, Scientologists, ... ALL have some KOOKY ass rituals that are just plain weird.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
this makes me want to investigate the church and learn more about it. other religions don't have the depth that this one seems to have...

When Mormon leaders such as James Faust admit that the god of the Mormon temple is Lucifer, and other LDS leaders and news media are speaking openly of the satanic conspiracy within Mormonism, that says that something is very SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture.

Religion is the very LAST place you will ever find God and the truth.

Why? Because it is nothing but LIES...

Satanic Rituals Within Mormonism

"Then, on October 25, 1991, just in time to spoil Halloween, a secret, internal report from the Presiding Bishop of the LDS Church surfaced. It alleged that satanic ritual child abuse (known as SRA) was being perpetrated by both members and leaders of the Mormon Church in Utah, Idaho, California, Mexico and elsewhere.

SRA is defined as abusive acts of emotional, psychological, sexual or physical battering which are done in a religious or occult context. These acts are designed to subjugate the children involved and brainwash them into a satanic mindset. SRA is usually done by parents, grandparents or other adults who have access to the children in the sadly misguided hope of gaining occult power from Satan.

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, the report, by Bishop Glenn L. Pace, stated that such abuse was being done by officers of the church. Even temple workers and Tabernacle choir members stand implicated of SRA in church meeting houses and perhaps even in the temples. At least 45 of the victims claim they were forced to observe or participate in human sacrifice. We are talking about people who torture children and kill people!

We have quietly but firmly held to our position. Now LDS leaders and news media are speaking openly of the satanic conspiracy within Mormonism, and we wonder if we will hear any apologies from those who attacked us? We feel that these reports have vindicated our position in the strongest possible way on the satanic strongholds within Mormonism.

Whichever ultimately is the case, Satanists using the safe haven of Mormonism or Joseph Smith borrowing from Freemasonry, the occult and witchcraft in its creation; the larger point is that the very fact that all of these religions are tributaries of the same satanic river! It should be a cause of deep concern to every Mormon that witches and Satanists can blend so seamlessly and effortlessly into their church!

Satanic Rituals Within Mormonism

The God Makers - A Shocking Expose of What the Mormon Church Really Believes

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

When Mormon leaders such as James Faust admit that the god of the Mormon temple is Lucifer, and other LDS leaders and news media are speaking openly of the satanic conspiracy within Mormonism, that says that something is very SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture.

Religion is the very LAST place you will ever find God and the truth.

Why? Because it is nothing but LIES..

So things like "love your family and friends"... is satanic?

And of course the sermon on the mount is pure lies... right?

I've actually never met a mormon i didn't like... and unfortunatly i can't say the same about so called "christians"...

I'd like to hear your definition of "satanic"... or "truth" for that matter... considering they do base their beliefs around Jesus... And paul unfortunatly but that isn't the issue.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

That Mormons, just like Muslims, Orthodox Jews, Catholics, Masons, Scientologists, ... ALL have some KOOKY ass rituals that are just plain weird.

Ok - - so you're an ex-Mormon.

But it doesn't sound like you went through the endowment - - since you have to be at least 18 - - and sounds like you were over it before that age.

So you don't really know what its about either. Right?

You just think all rituals are weird. Right?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I'd like to hear your definition of "satanic"... or "truth" for that matter... considering they do base their beliefs around Jesus... And paul unfortunatly but that isn't the issue.

I'm pretty sure that neither Jesus nor Paul taught that one is required to give 10% of your income to the church (that's ten percent of gross, and they will audit you!) in order to be accepted into the Kingdom of God. Oh, and Mormons have no right to ask where that money is being spent -- the church keeps its finances private, even from its own members. They'll build a $2 billion mall with the faithful's money, while giving $1.5 billion in humanitarian relief since 1985.

Question what they're doing with your money, or fail to pay up your full ten percent, and kiss your Temple Recommend bye-bye. I'd link to posts by parents who couldn't go to their kids' eternal sealings because they were a few months behind in their tithes, but I find the whole thing just sad, and hardly "all about family."
edit on 22-10-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's correct. The most I did was baptisms for the dead.

So you don't really know what its about either. Right?

No Annee, we do know what they are about.

Whether it's a ritual to justify the sanctity of marriage, or give you a tutorial of how you will enter heaven.....

They are about being Fanatical to your religion. End of story.

You see, none of these rituals are based on fact. You are trying to defend the rituals they preform in secret, in their temples (implying that somehow the rest of humanity is damned through ignorance). Why?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I was only talking about whats in their book...

its that which causes this almost unnatural friendlyness/kindness within their circles...

all religion is corrupt at its upper echelon of leaders... IMHO...

But going as far as to call it satanic?

thats a bit much...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

But going as far as to call it satanic?

thats a bit much...

If you (not you personally) research facts - - and not get all "giddy" when you find sensationalized postings - - it often tells a different story.

As in any group - - you have individuals. To say or even expect any group to police every individual on what they do on their own time is a bit unrealistic.

"Harper Valley PTA" comes to mind.

On Sept. 18, the First Presidency, in a letter to priesthood leaders, noted that they occasionally receive reports of people who engage in ritualistic practices including forms of satanic worship and cautioned members "not to affiliate in any way with the occult or those mysterious powers it espouses."

Bishop Pace is one of 27 community leaders sitting on a ritual-abuse subcommittee of the Governer's Commission for Women and Families. The committee, whose members also include therapists, law enforcement personnel, attorneys, religious leaders, former U.S. Attorney Brent Ward, an aide to Sen. Orrin Hatch, an assistant attorney general and first lady Colleen Bangerter, has been meeting since February 1990. www.deseretnews.com...

edit on 22-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I read the book Under the Banner of Heaven many years ago. It is a true story and involved a mormon family and murder. The book is also interesting as an introduction to mormanism. After reading that book, when I think of Joseph Smith I picture a con-man leading the poor and gullible under the circus tent. He was an attention whore, that loved the young women and therefore being caught with too many young women not his wife, he proclaimed that the baby prophet came to him and told him polygamy was the way. Obviously there's a whole lot more.

This was an interesting read.

On a sidenote, an older in-law of mine (now deceased) had a son that converted to mormanism. The son became quite the big man on campus in his church/temple. She was not allowed to attend her grand-daughter's wedding in the temple. She also mentioned many times how her son said he would baptise her into his church after she died. This pissed her off to no end. And yet her son continued on this thinking. I did meet the guy once, what a putz.
edit on 22-10-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I read the book Under the Banner of Heaven many years ago. It is a true story and involved a mormon family and murder. The book is also interesting as an introduction to mormanism.

This book is about Mormon fundamentalists. You know Jeff Warrens. Child brides etc.

That's like saying a book about Westboro church - - - represents Christians.

They are not official LDS. Or recognized as an official religion.

Jon Krakauer’s literary reputation rests on insightful chronicles of lives conducted at the outer limits. He now shifts his focus from extremes of physical adventure to extremes of religious belief within our own borders, taking readers inside isolated American communities where some 40,000 Mormon Fundamentalists still practice polygamy. Defying both civil authorities and the Mormon establishment in Salt Lake City, the renegade leaders of these Taliban-like theocracies are zealots who answer only to God. www.amazon.com...

edit on 22-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I know, I read the book.

The book also does a nice job on the history of the mormon church.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by Mysticblade
Jehovah and Elohim as two separate Gods ? That's a new one on me. I , wrongly it seems, assumed they were just different names for the same entity. Also, unless I am mistaken, isn't "Elohim" a plural word in Hebrew ?

This is simple to explain.

Jehovah (YHWH, Yahweh) is the Proper Name of the Eternal God of Creation (means the self-existing one/Eternal)

Elohim is the family name for what God is creating, currently there are only 2 members of Elohim (God's family); Jesus Christ (first of the firstfruits) and Yahweh.

Elohim is like calling John Smith, "Smith". All Smiths (plural form of Smith) are called Smith, but John Smith is a
specific member of the Smith family; so to is Elohim regarding the Eternal God and His son.

Yahweh (Jehovah) Elohim is God the Father.
Jesus Christ Elohim is His son the King and High Priest of God's Kingdom soon to be established on Earth.

Both are called Elohim currently, but they are two seperate beings. In God's perfect timing all mankind will have oppertunity to become Elohim, this is our purpose in physical life, but not during this age.

At the close of this age (by June of next year) God will add 144,000 members of Elohim (Mary, Apostles, David, Moses, Solomon, Arron, Joshua, Elijah, Isiah, Jonah, Job, Joseph etc. summarized as the "first fruits" of salvation) as the Kingdom of God (Temple of God, Government of God, Family of God, "Elohim" of God) is established over all the Earth.

God Bless,

Thank you for the explanation, but I would be interested to know what your source is. Elohim is mentioned in Genesis as the 'creator' God, clearly well before Jesus came along.

"In the Bible the first name used for our Creator is: Elohim ( אלהים ) (see: Genesis 1:1 & 1:26). This is a plural Hebrew word, but one always grammatically treated as a singular. (Plural and singular at the same time.) The names of Jehovah or Yahweh (both from: YHVH) are also sometimes used, also denoting the very same Creator God."

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So things like "love your family and friends"... is satanic?

And of course the sermon on the mount is pure lies... right?

Satan knows the Bible better than any Christian and he loves to quote from it.

God speaks through the Bible but so does Satan.

Remember how he tried to tempt Jesus into throwing himself down from the temple roof?

He argued from Scripture...

If Satan quoted the Bible when tempting Jesus, why wouldn't he quote it when tempting us?

Cults use the Bible to deceive people just like Satan used it against Jesus.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I know, I read the book.

Sounds like a good book. However - separating official LDS from the fundamentalists is very important.

I'm not religious in any way. I actually now consider myself Atheist.

But I was Mormon for 5 years. They are a lot more "fundamental Christian" - - with Variations - - then most people would expect.

I defend them - - because the people are great. I love how they organize and run their wards. They assign attendance times by location. In other words - - you go to church with your neighbors. This helps everyone help each other. They are family focused. etc etc.

I've had visions and experience since first memory - so I have no problem accepting that.

I believe what people consider "gods" are actually real more evolved off-planet beings. So I have no problem with them believing in "worlds without numbers".

And like other beliefs - - there are members who support gay rights and are trying to work within the church.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I may have to read it.

The history of the Mormon church is a lot more complicated then most people know. Most information is inaccurate.

I remember when I was researching it about 15 years ago - - - it was one of those "link to link to link to link" - - trying to find sources and credible researchers - - actually trying to present real facts.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was going to work listening to a radio program. They were talking about billy graham and saying that Billy had mormonism as a cult ( within his list).....pray tell when Romney announced his run for pres the "mormonism" listing mysteriously disappeared off his list! Yeah......tell me there isn't something going on with this election!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join