It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEHIND THE VEIL: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think it is important and eye-opening for people to see this. If anything whether you particularly agree with or even "like" orthodox Christianity, one thing has become clear: Mormonism certainly is not orthodox Christianity.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perelandra
I think it is important and eye-opening for people to see this. If anything whether you particularly agree with or even "like" orthodox Christianity, one thing has become clear: Mormonism certainly is not orthodox Christianity.

Why is it important?

I've been through the endowment. It is no big deal.

Ever been to a tent revival. The Spirit of God takes you over and you talk in tongues?

Ever seen a full Catholic mass?

Believe me - - - there are far more elaborate rituals in religion then the Mormon endowment. You and others just can't stand it that its special to them. And only those in good standing get to go to temple.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Believe me - - - there are far more elaborate rituals in religion then the Mormon endowment. You and others just can't stand it that its special to them. And only those in good standing get to go to temple.

Apart from the Paschal Triduum, no, there is no Catholic Mass that approaches that level of pomp and circumstance, and unlike LDS Temples, there is no secrecy involved in a Catholic Mass -- they are open to the public, including church members who haven't "paid their full tithe" or who have fallen out of favour with the local bishopric.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Apart from the Paschal Triduum, no, there is no Catholic Mass that approaches that level of pomp and circumstance,

And how do you know?

You've never been Mormon. You've never gone through the endowment. I have.

What you told me is you looked into it. You read up on it. Since 99% of info on Mormons is CRAP! You mostly read Crap and you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

My grandmother was Catholic. She dragged me to church every chance she got. My first religious experience was Catholic. So don't tell me I can't compare what happens in the Mormon endowment to Catholic services.

I've experienced both - - you haven't.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Apart from the Paschal Triduum, no, there is no Catholic Mass that approaches that level of pomp and circumstance,

And how do you know?

You've never been Mormon. You've never gone through the endowment. I have.

What you told me is you looked into it. You read up on it. Since 99% of info on Mormons is CRAP! You mostly read Crap and you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

My grandmother was Catholic. She dragged me to church every chance she got. My first religious experience was Catholic. So don't tell me I can't compare what happens in the Mormon endowment to Catholic services.

I've experienced both - - you haven't.

I'm basing it off of what was shown in the OP's video -- that's waaaaaay more pomp and circumstance than a Catholic Mass (again, apart from the Paschal Triduum -- that varies from church to church, but it's a lot more involved than a typical Mass.) If you honestly think daily or even weekly Mass has an hour long movie, secret handshakes and "passwords through the veil", your memory of Catholicism is coloured by time. Even the Triduum is almost entirely readings and choirs, recounting the story of the Bible and the Passion, along with a re-enactment of the foot washing that Jesus did.

You keep calling these sort of things "special" as a justification for their secrecy (which is odd, because the typical atheist's reaction would be that it's a bunch of hokum,) when it's rather more clear that it is secret because it's weird. It's just flat out weird, like the Masonic ceremonies that they are derived from, and so they keep it quiet so that other people don't laugh at them, and so that those who are going through them give them more respect than they would if you just hauled them off the street and ran them through it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm basing it off of what was shown in the OP's video -- that's waaaaaay more pomp and circumstance than a Catholic Mass

Do not deflect.

You have not been through the endowment - - - I have.

You're trying to claim comparison to something you have no knowledge of.

A video showing a partial ceremony can (and will) be interpreted to reflect whatever direction the interpreter wants it to go.

People that can't handle someone keeping something Special private - - - are just very insecure.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

People that can't handle someone keeping something Special private - - - are just very insecure.

What's so special about it? How does that video misrepresent what happens during that ceremony? I'm not "interpreting" anything -- I've never seen it before, but I know what the ceremony is, what it is claimed to represent, and my conclusions are based on that, not on seeing this video (which I didn't even watch all of, because it's a bit boring when you know how it ends, lol.)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The baptism is OFFERED - - - the person who is Posthumously baptized can reject the baptism. So NO - - no Jewish person is being baptized unless in the "afterworld" they choose to accept it.

I didn't realize that before. When I first heard about that ceremony it irritated me. Now I figure if you don't believe in it or it makes you question your faith then either you shouldn't care or you should reexamine your faith.

I also don't care about the tie to Romney. I don't think that a person's faith is a guarantee they will legislate based off of it. Well...

The only thing that irritates me more than preachy self righteous religious folks are preachy self righteous atheists. So many that tout atheism are enormous bigots.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The only thing that irritates me more than preachy self righteous religious folks are preachy self righteous atheists. So many that tout atheism are enormous bigots.

Both irritate me. I think ones belief belongs at home or in your place of worship or meeting place. OR - - by your actions. This is one thing that impressed me about Mormons - - they act. Charity - community involvement is right up there equal to reading the bible. Plus - - they believe doing for God - - not for recognition.

Mormons work right along side Catholic charities and the Salvation Army - - but you never hear about the Mormons. They do not seek recognition for what they believe is God's commandment. During Katrina - - Mormons loaded up trucks with tree cutting equipment and were some of the first on the scene - - cutting up felled trees etc. But you never heard about it. I only knew about it reading personal stories in the Mormon magazine.

My support of Mormons is because it is one of the best experiences I ever had with people of an organization. If I could find a group run and organized like Mormons (minus the religion) I'd join in a second.

I consider myself Atheist now - - not that I don't have any belief - - but I do not believe in any god in the religious sense.

I don't consider anyone who claims atheism because they are mad at God or religion or church or for any reason of anger - - - to be a true atheist.

If someone is arrogant - - they're just arrogant and probably would be no matter what. Ya really can't police individuals.

I know that American Atheists - - - sole purpose is "Separation of Church and State" - - which I fully support.

edit on 29-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

WOW,

Thank you for this interesting expose,

The Beast of the Mystery Religion systems and the Pharisaic traditions (the Religious systems which convicted Jesus of Blasphemy and condemned Him to the Roman Cross) are STRONG at work in this abomination called "Mormonism",

My sincere condolences and Hope goes out to anyone trapped in Mormonism,

I actually went to a LDS service when I was 19 because I knew a young Mormon boy who was a very pious child, and really believed the Holy Bible,

It sickens me to see this men twisting scriptures into the most perverted contortions imaginable to suit there own lusts of the flesh and desires for power and greed in this life (and presumably the next)

Wow, wow, wow,

Father please help us!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

It sickens me to see this men twisting scriptures into the most perverted contortions imaginable to suit there own lusts of the flesh and desires for power and greed in this life (and presumably the next)

The holier than thou - - - are far scarier then anything in that video.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sometimes people misinterpret what the message people who are so called "holier than thou" are trying to say,

I've been accused multiple times of being "holier than thou"

But I'm the first to admit I'm a disgraceful, sick, twisted, perverted, sinning sinner who deserves death and punishment, I'm a really vial and wretched ball of human misery, which proves to me why I am in such dire need of a Savior.

If a Holy God exist, then He must punish wickedness, or He would cease to be Holy.

In order to be Holy He must be Perfect, Righteous, and absolutely Just,

If He wasn't

He wouldn't be God

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Sometimes people misinterpret what the message people who are so called "holier than thou" are trying to say,

I've been accused multiple times of being "holier than thou"

But I'm the first to admit I'm a disgraceful, sick, twisted, perverted, sinning sinner who deserves death and punishment, I'm a really vial and wretched ball of human misery, which proves to me why I am in such dire need of a Savior.

Yep.

After that post I definitely agree with those who have multiple times accused you of being "holier than thou".

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

See how you've exposed yourself though?

You're deceiving yourself only.

I'm probably a more despicable person than you,

However, I'm justified by Faith through Grace, not works,

Your denial doesn't stop the Truth from being Truth, or Existence from Existing, don't you get it?

If I told you Dinosaurs walked with Adam and Eve when God created earth 6,000 years ago would that make it true? Absolutely not! That's false. How do I know it's false? It's been proven and generally accepted by most intelligent adults that the universe is around 13.7 - 14 billion years old and came into existence through an explosion or a "big bang", and the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, and that Life evolved after the Cambrian Explosion and moved on, against all odds, from simple organic matter, to plant matter, then to sea life, moved from the sea to the land and air, reptiles, dinosaurs, birds, insects, etc then mammals and finally primates then hominids.

You see, I'm an educated man, well versed in the Truths of our reality,

I am well studied in Biology, Palaeontology, Archaeology, Evolution (although I have a few qualms with unguided, naturalistic Darwinian evolution and random Abiogenesis, but that's for another discussion), as well as Human Psychology (although again, I digress from some Freudian and Darwinist/Naturalistic theories there), Physiology, Pharmacology, and I am a certified Terminal Radar Approach FAA Air Traffic Controller, I also happen to study World Religions and Theology, with a special interest in Christian Theology and Christian Apologetic, and a recent interest in Biblical Anthropology,

So, are you up for an intellectual debate, and ready to fight facts with facts, and admit to objective Truth's, or do you want to continue on in your ignorance on a website who's motto is to "deny ignorance"?

Yours in Christ,

Blessings to you and your family,

From God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ,

In the Holy Spirit,

Amen

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

See how you've exposed yourself though?

You're deceiving yourself only.

I'm probably a more despicable person than you,

However, I'm justified by Faith through Grace, not works,

Your denial doesn't stop the Truth from being Truth, or Existence from Existing, don't you get it?

What a cop out. Any more excuses you can enlighten us with?

I am solely responsible for my own thoughts and actions.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's your intellectual come back to a debate challenge?

I guess we're seeing Gods Words coming to pass right here right now.

Psalm 14:1 The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

also,

1 Corinthians 15:32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Let's see where else Gods Mighty Word of Truth has prevailed against the folly of mans (or woman's) wisdom:

1 Corinthians 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Not looking good for you Annee,

I hope anyone who reads this see's what's happening here;

Somebody with no real knowledge, who's acting like they have knowledge, is being exposed to True knowledge, and denying the knowledge out of pride and egoism, along with the folly of mans wisdom,

1 Cor 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”; 20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.” 21 Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours: 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come—all are yours. 23 And you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s.

Okay now Annee,

Just let me and God know when you're ready to make a fool of yourself in public again, and we can school you a little more, if you feel it necessary

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

That's your intellectual come back to a debate challenge?

Debate? I'm not debating anything.

You make excuses for your behavior and require an outside force.

I make no excuses for my behavior - - it is my responsibility - - the "force" is me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
These 2 guys explain my though's on mormons, which is a racist organization that think the holy land is in america..
The garden of eden is in massouri, come on its absolutely insane, and quite clearly the teaching of a mad man.

edit on 31-10-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
These 2 guys explain my though's on mormons, which is a racist organization that think the holy land is in america..
The garden of eden is in massouri, come on its absolutely insane, and quite clearly the teaching of a mad man.

Noting that Hitchens and Dawkins disbelieve in Mormonism is about as surprising as my noting that the sun came up this morning, and about as credible as Joseph Stalin's assessment of the United States.

Not that I don't agree with them, of course, but that's not exactly a damning indictment.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
These 2 guys explain my though's on mormons, which is a racist organization that think the holy land is in america.

You of course know - - there have always been black Mormon members. There were black Mormons when in 1846 Mormons trekked from Nauvoo to Utah.

Mormons treated Native Americans with respect and were often helped by them because of the way they treated them.

The fastest growing demographic of Mormons is the Samoans.

Unlike Fundamental Christians of the south - - - many who were KKK. Whites had their church - - - blacks had theirs. There are still White Only churches in the south.

Joseph Smith died in 1844. The policy on blacks holding Priesthood was put in place in 1852 after his death. Blacks were still members of the church.

As I've said - - most people don't know what they're talking about.

NOBODY KNOWS: THE UNTOLD STORY OF BLACK MORMONS
is an award-winning documentary about African American Latter-day Saints. Few people, Mormon and non-Mormon, are aware that there has been an African American presence in the LDS Church from its earliest days, that the vanguard company of Mormon pioneers included three “colored servants” (slaves), and that subsequent pioneer companies included both freeborn Blacks (such as Jane Manning and Isaac James) and enslaved Blacks, such as Biddy Smith Mason and Elizabeth Flake.

This documentary talks about that little-known legacy, and confronts the hard issues which surfaced in the most turbulent years of the Civil Rights Movement, when the Church continued to restrict its priesthood from those of African descent (a policy put into place in 1852). It discusses the context for that restriction, and how it was finally lifted. It also addresses the challenges of modern Black Mormon pioneers.

blackmormonfilm.com...

edit on 31-10-2012 by Annee because: SPELLING

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join