It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle manipulation of our minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is a strange topic with a very strange idea which on the surface may seem a little far fetched, but thinking longer about the subject itself tends to make more and more sense.

Popular culture itself has been given to us by those in charge of the entertainment industry, we get the music and fashion and even ideas from the media, not always on the surface as you may expect, but from the subtle guidence we receive from symbols and ideas.

one peice of popular culture is the alien idea, the idea of aliens being our creators such as the ideas of Zecharia Sitchin etc......

We have been given the idea that tall Aliens are either more intelligent, more spiritual or more down to earth so to speak.

Just using 3 recent movies involving aliens I will try and paint a picture of how we may be getting manipulated into a train of thought.

I will start with a far fetched idea of a movie being "John Carter"
I will not go into the story line of the movie but point out the similarities of the movies
First we have the Tharks

Tharks are around 12 foot tall and may represent a form of native indiginous to many countries as in being hard people living within their own means, living as part of nature.

second we have the Na'vi—a humanoid species indigenous to Pandora

once again we have an indigionous population, this time very spiritual living with nature, the Na'vi are around 18 foot tall I believe, as the movie represents we are very small in comparison, a very telling scene is where the troops are leaving Pandoora with the Na'vi standing looking down at the humans leaving.

third we have Promethius, another tall hunanoid being

Of course this one is in your face about being refered to as our creators.
These beings look like monks with the simple robes yet highly intelligent, many references to Christ have him in a robe or even representations of God have him in a robe.

Now of course these are just movies and dont effect our everyday lives, yet I can still clearly see scenes from all of these movies in my mind and for days after watching keep going back over the story line and think about the bits I enjoyed or the bits I thought failed, what I am geting at is that the movies did have an effect on me without me even realizing.

Now we tie these few movies (there are many many more, these are just recent examples) to the writings of people like Zecharia Sitchin

Zecharia Sitchin (July 11, 1920 – October 9, 2010)[1] was an Azerbaijani-born American author of books proposing an explanation for human origins involving ancient astronauts. Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki, which he states was a race of extraterrestrials from a planet beyond Neptune

we can see that the idea is becoming more and more mainstream on a daily basis,
even today we hear the stories of the bible talking of giants who walked the earth, it appears that the idea of Giants is starting to become synonymous with higher beings and in turn our creators.

Is there something we do not know, or are we being led into a very sophisticated trap of someone or something to worship.
I can only put forward ideas and theories with no actual facts, I could try and tie in blue beam with the faked alien invasion having a few giant beings appear as a hologram somewhere and without even thinking hard about it there would be those who would equate the appearance with the second coming or the return of the Gods.
The idea of Avatar and the Na'vi living as spiritual beings unconcerned with monetary wealth and only want to live with nature, a little like the green movement we have going on currently on this planet.

I don't know, as I said I can just put out an idea of a pattern I see forming here and leave it up to the individuals to make up their own minds and even possibly fill in some of my blanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I like you, you are a thinker

Yes it is completely possible that bad ETs who made a deal with US
government some time ago are tall, thus the preperation for eventual
acceptance, no proof, but possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
I like you, you are a thinker

Yes it is completely possible that bad ETs who made a deal with US
government some time ago are tall, thus the preperation for eventual
acceptance, no proof, but possible.

On the contrary, all 'authorative' sources (for what that is worth) for the information concerning the treaty between the US (Eisenhower) government and ETs tell us that it was a species of greys from a planetry system associated with Rigel in Orion:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

They are said by many abductees to be small beings.
edit on 21-10-2012 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Yes but just imagine how much we DON'T KNOW

Greys are small yes, but for all you know Greys are just an introduction species
to a tall reptilian bunch that perhaps is in charge from afar.

Not saying I know for sure, but you just never know, anything is possible.

edit on 21-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Whilst I enjoy a good conversation about aliens and abductions, this thread was more about the media using tall aliens and have steered away from the short alien phenomenon.
even some of the stories about greys are having them getting taller and taller,
talking of abductions and aliens, haven't the recent stories involved the greys taking orders from taller aliens?
meaning the short ones are also subservient to taller ones?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If you want to look at it in this way,

humans naturally respect bigger, bigger evolutionary speaking
means stronger, more powerful, and so it translates into
media as also meaning taller = moral

this is all a stretch but possibly connected

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LostPassword

I do agree with you to an extent
But I do not see a basketball player as anything more than just an athlete.
in fact I tend to think the opposite and without wanting to sound condescending, I find athletes as not being the sharpest tools in the toolbox or even have the most desirable moral compass.

A large animal does inspire respect as in the power of an elephant or the majesty of a large whale and I can even stand in awe of a large tree.

What I find is that with each of the movies I mentioned that the idea is not just about being large, but also the spirituality, especially in Avatar.

we also find a less desirable trait in some of the tall aliens with movies like District 9, tall, powerful, yet show a intelligence that is treated with contempt by being kept in ghetto's.

top topics

join