It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt wants Iran to share The Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Oh, how lovely. Now Egypt wants the bomb. Who's next? Syria, they're stable. Hamas? All they want is unicorns and flowers. How about Afghanistan? We could call it a going-away gift.
Now this is just a "poll" but once the proliferation starts, where would it end?

The story (or nightmare, if you prefer) is here.

A brief item from the article

A poll of Egyptians conducted last month shows that they have increasingly positive views of Iran, believe that both Iran and Egypt should obtain nuclear weapons, and still trust their own military more than any other institution in Egypt.
The poll of 812 Egyptians, half of them women, was conducted in a series of in-person interviews by the firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner and sponsored by the Israel Project, a pro-Israel advocacy organization with offices in Washington and Jerusalem. According to the poll, Iran is viewed favorably in Egypt, with 65 percent of those surveyed expressing support of the decision to renew Egypt-Iran relations and 61 percent expressing support of the Iranian nuclear project, versus 41 percent in August 2009.

Sixty-two percent of those polled agreed that "Iran and its president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, are friends of Egypt," though 68 percent held unfavorable views of Shiite Muslims.

I know how many are going to "side" on this issue. Go on and shout! Me? I'll be digging my bomb shelter.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Which is why every effort should be made to ensure Iran does not gain nuclear weapon capability.

I'm not advocating military intervention and I'm uncertain of the morality and effectiveness of sanctions but if Iran gains nuclear weapons then it won't be long before other nations in the region will demand them too, for various reasons.

I for one feel very uncomfortable about such weapons being in the hands of religious extremists and a Middle Eastern arms race would pose a threat to global security.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It certainly looks like an all or nothing situation.

I get called "war-monger" countless times, but I'm always trying to look at the big picture.

And right now?

The big picture doesn't look pretty!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It is one thing to talk cheaply on a poll and quite another thing to actually get what you want. You may not like it, not when it truthfully is a damocles sword hanging over their head, as it had been for decades for the west.

To understand why the Egyptian masses, or a few of them as in the polls behaved as they did, you need to study the history of modern Egypt.

To cut it short, simple and brief - 2 forces - Mubarak and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Mubarak is a greedy pig and overstayed his welcome in power. Not only that, he supressed his dissenters, none other than the Muslim Brotherhood brutally. It is only natural the MB fights back, and of course, their rather fundamentalist concepts of Islam is not much accepted by the rulers then, and majority of masses equally now.

To survive, the MB had to have funds and support. Mainly it came from Iran, whom are more than happy to sow discord amongst the Sunni. As such, MB, like Hamas, were favourable to their masters. Afterall, one does not bite the hand that feeds him, but lick the master's boots.

They bought into many of the persian apostate infidel leader's BS, and hoodwinked into believing that he was for the extermination of Israel, when the reality was that the apostate intention had been the Holy City Mecca all along. Israel was but a sideshow to distract attention and gain support, forgetting the shia-sunni conflict.

Thus the indoctrination by MB to their followers, which were many amongst the masses, whom had been sidelined by the greedy Mubarak. And hatred is far more easily sowed than building up society.

But now, MB has gained power in Egypt as the rulers. They can no longer shoot in the dark as they did before, and have to be responsible for the larger issues facing the nation - social, political and economic issues.

In the past, egyptians feed themselves and did not expect MB to take care of them as they are not the rulers. But now that they are, the masses expectations are higher. You can't live on theology alone, more so theology of the 7th century meant for uncivilised uneducated nomards, and most certainly not for a growing urbanised civilised and educated population with many needs for progress and evolution

MB will have its hands full if it wishes to seek for credibility. If they fail, they will have to either become like dictator Mubarak and be booted out, or be replaced by another credible team at the egyptian polls.

Egyptians are of the more civilised and educated folks amongst the arabs. Their docility had been due to fear in their upbringing, but that will change as democracy grows. They are rational folks. If a referendum is taken now, the damocles sword of nuke weapons will not be on their want list, just as similar as the common Iran folks .

Times a' changing. More so when the more radical elements within MB realizes that they cannot take care of the nation with just idealogy and 7th century doctrines alone.

True Islam is never about Tyranny, but democracy,for the prophet Muhammad had left no heir nor appointed any mortal to lead. The intention was to pave the way for arabs' self rule, by the community/nation by consensus for moral and ethical progress and evolution.
edit on 21-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe the you-es unleashed there hounds Al-cia-duhh to create the fake arab spring as they knew they needed to take over the middle east both to secure the oil and to stop new-clear-pro-lif-re-ah-shon in the region?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Didn't the Muslim Brotherhood assassinate Anwar Sadat and injure Mubarak in ????? ('79)?

There's always conflict in the ME, nukes won't ease tensions, I fear.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe the you-es unleashed there hounds Al-cia-duhh to create the fake arab spring as they knew they needed to take over the middle east both to secure the oil and to stop new-clear-pro-lif-re-ah-shon in the region?

Seems rather silly, if you ask me.

It'd be more cost-effective to ignore the ME and drill for oil in the CONUS.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Here you are again Beezer in a subtle way advocating for a WAR

Just come out and say it

WAR BABY WAR, war will solve all out problems, isn't that right Beezer.

edit on 21-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I understand your concerns Beezer and it concerns me too but it's easy for us to judge because we already have nukes. I wonder how it feels to know that your country doesn't have them. I really wouldn't know because my country has had them since I was born.

My mum used to go on those CND marches, ban the bomb and all that good stuff but I know for certain, I would feel somewhat insecure if lots of other nations had them and we didn't. If my country didn't have nukes, I would be feeling very, very worried right about now.

Just thinking out loud, thanks for listening.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
Here you are again Beezer in a subtle way advocating for a WAR

Just come out and say it

WAR BABY WAR, war will solve all out problems, isn't that right Beezer.

edit on 21-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

Just the opposite.

A proliferation of nuclear weapons in the Middle East is begging for war.

I'd be very happy to see peace instead.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by beezzer

I understand your concerns Beezer and it concerns me too but it's easy for us to judge because we already have nukes. I wonder how it feels to know that your country doesn't have them. I really wouldn't know because my country has had them since I was born.

My mum used to go on those CND marches, ban the bomb and all that good stuff but I know for certain, I would feel somewhat insecure if lots of other nations had them and we didn't. If my country didn't have nukes, I would be feeling very, very worried right about now.

Just thinking out loud, thanks for listening.

De nada.

We can't put the toothpaste back in the tube as far as countries that already have nuclear weapons.

What we can do, is limit the potential for a nuclear exchange.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is no different than 60 percent of the American people believing that Adam & Eve were real, Beezer.

When you poll individual citizens, they're going to reveal all sorts of crazy stuff.

Of course the Egyptian people would rather have a nuclear device or ICBM. It would give their government more leverage. Why wouldn't they want it? What this article doesn't say, is that Egypt's government is in the final stages of a dual partnership of a nuclear program w/ Iran.

One is very different from the other, but this article really is no surprise to me. Im sure 99% of Egyptians want their country and economy to be stronger a thousand fold.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
This is no different than 60 percent of the American people believing that Adam & Eve were real, Beezer.

When you poll individual citizens, they're going to reveal all sorts of crazy stuff.

Of course the Egyptian people would rather have a nuclear device or ICBM. It would give their government more leverage. Why wouldn't they want it? What this article doesn't say, is that Egypt's government is in the final stages of a dual partnership of a nuclear program w/ Iran.

One is very different from the other, but this article really is no surprise to me. Im sure 99% of Egyptians want their country and economy to be stronger a thousand fold.

As long as it remains opinion, they can want sharks with laser beams for all I care. It's when unstable regions obtain said weapons that I get nervous.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I hear you.

I think there's always a monumental difference though, between what citizens of a given nation want, versus what that nation's government wants and actually tries to achieve.

Fact is, vast majority of voter blocks are uneducated and dangerous to begin with. That includes The USA. Polls are great at revealing how much we have not evolved as a people.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well,
Is anyone surprised by this?
Really?

Of course they want the bomb.
Everyone wants the bomb.

What they actually do with the bomb, now that's the issue.

I foresee large circles of brown glass in the middle of a desert.

It's not going to end.

If the Muslims ever get their way and a bomb then they will destroy Israel, but they won't be done there.

After that they will get together and head for the next closest infidel stronghold.

Europe perhaps.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The extremists have shown a complete disregard for innocent life. I can imagine them using a nuke just to illustrate a point.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

So has America though.

The US has droned or killed many innocent civillians over the last decade. What's the differnce? That they were accidental, collateral deaths in an attempt to further our greedy agenda under the guise of "freedom"?

innocent people dying are the same no matter how it was achieved. When innocent people are dying, you're doing it wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Reply to post by beezzer

So has America though.

The US has droned or killed many innocent civillians over the last decade. What's the differnce? That they were accidental, collateral deaths in an attempt to further our greedy agenda under the guise of "freedom"?

innocent people dying are the same no matter how it was achieved. When innocent people are dying, you're doing it wrong.

I can't argue against what the US has done. What I CAN argue against, is the continued abuse, both by the US and by other nations.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

The whole world is mad, Beezer. It's not just extreme Muslims.

I don't mean to be confrontational or argumentative, but sometimes I get irritated when I hear about how dangerous and crazy the "extremists" are, when here @ home, we are leading the modern world in gun deaths. The USA has 20x more gun related murders than the rest of the modern world. We need to stop worrying about what Haji is doing in his country, and worry about what crazy Joe is doing right here in our own. Something is radically wrong that we have so many innocent people being shot in a country which is suppesed to be the shining example of wonderful living.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Reply to post by beezzer

The whole world is mad, Beezer. It's not just extreme Muslims.

I don't mean to be confrontational or argumentative, but sometimes I get irritated when I hear about how dangerous and crazy the "extremists" are, when here @ home, we are leading the modern world in gun deaths. The USA has 20x more gun related murders than the rest of the modern world. We need to stop worrying about what Haji is doing in his country, and worry about what crazy Joe is doing right here in our own. Something is radically wrong that we have so many innocent people being shot in a country which is suppesed to be the shining example of wonderful living.

Hence, why I just used the term extremists (instead of extremist muslims), realising that they come in all stripes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join