It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Practical Guide to Free Energy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For some reason I have had free energy on my mind. I have dabbled in this field for many years now but not much the past few.

Let me define free energy for use in this thread so we can avoid the same tired old arguments. Free energy is energy that does no require constant payout to obtain. That doesn't mean it does not cost something to obtain a or build device that can produce it. it just means there is no continues charge for it... If you disagree with that definition great that is your right however for this thread when I refer to "free energy" that is the definition am using just so understand what I mean.

Anyway I have felt for years thee is viable free energy out there and why has it not come to market etc. Well and distant internet acquaintance has put together a website that has all the viable device out there and I had not looked at it in years but folks the free energy revolution is here and has been for several years. I had lost track of many of these and some I never checked out but there are several devices out there that can be built and that do work etc. that could power you home or at least substantially reduce your power bills.

The site i very well done with no hype and very objective perspectives of the various devices their potential and along with their negatives. So you you have felt gypped out of our future like I have now is the time to do something about it. He even has a basic electronics section for those who don;t have electronic experience. Many of the devices can be replicated but most who have any kind of mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn.

Andy way I just wanted to share. Here is an excerpt from his introduction:

"The purpose of this web site is to provide you with an introduction to a series of devices which have been shown to have very interesting properties and some are (incorrectly) described as 'perpetual motion' machines.
What's that you say - perpetual motion is impossible? My, you're a difficult one to please. The electrons in the molecules of rock formations have been spinning steadily for millions of years without stopping - at what point will you agree that they are in perpetual motion?

So, why don't electrons run out of energy and just slow down to a standstill? Quantum Mechanics has shown that the universe is a seething cauldron of energy with particles popping into existence and then dropping out again. If E = mC2, then we can see that a tremendous amount of energy is needed to create any form of matter. Scientists remark that if we could tap even a small part of that energy, then we would have free energy for our lifetime.

The Law of Conservation of Energy is undoubtedly correct when it shows that more energy cannot be taken out of any system than is put into that system. However, that does not mean that we cannot get more energy out of a system than we put into it. A crude example is a solar panel in sunlight. We get electrical power out of the panel but we do not put the sunlight into the panel - the sunlight arrives on its own. This example is simple as we can see the sunlight reaching the solar panel.

If, instead of the solar panel, we had a device which absorbs some of the energy which Quantum Mechanics observes and gives out, say, electrical power, would that be so different? Most people say "yes! - it is impossible!" but this reaction is based on the fact that we cannot see this sea of energy. Should we say that a TV set cannot possibly work because we cannot see a television transmission signal?

Many people have produced devices and ideas for tapping this energy. The energy is often called "Zero-Point Energy" because it is the energy which remains when a system has its temperature lowered to absolute zero. This presentation is introductory information on what has already been achieved in this field: devices which output more power than they require to run. This looks as if they contradict the Law of Conservation of Energy, but they don't, and you can see this when you take the zero-point energy field into account.

The material on this web site describes many different devices, with diagrams, photographs, explanations, pointers to web sites, etc. As some of the devices need an understanding of electronic circuitry, a simple, step-by-step instruction course in electronics is also provided in Chapter 12. This can take someone with no previous knowledge of electronics, to the level where they can read, understand, design and build the type of circuits used with these devices."
www.free-energy-info.co.uk...

Have fun and enjoy and start envisioning the future we can create because government or anyone else for that matter is sure as hell not going to do it for us...

edit on 21-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

What's that you say - perpetual motion is impossible? My, you're a difficult one to please. The electrons in the molecules of rock formations have been spinning steadily for millions of years without stopping - at what point will you agree that they are in perpetual motion? So, why don't electrons run out of energy and just slow down to a standstill? Quantum Mechanics has shown that the universe is a seething cauldron of energy with particles popping into existence and then dropping out again. If E = mC2, then we can see that a tremendous amount of energy is needed to create any form of matter. Scientists remark that if we could tap even a small part of that energy, then we would have free energy for our lifetime.

Oh my...

He has already got it wrong in the few first sentences. Electrons "spinning steadily for millions of years without stopping" are doing it because of energy conservation, not because they have infinite energy!!! Their energy can be calculated and is a very finite value.

The same applies to Quantum Mechanics. It doesn't violate energy conservation by any means. No free lunch here either.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ok great you disagree with him on that so can we move on since that is not what this thread is about. You are entitled to your opinion however it has been argued to death in plenty of other threads so lets examine some of the devices and replicate some of them and envision our future, the one Tesla and others offered us but was denied us... Now is the time...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
... but there are several devices out there that can be built and that do work

And yet, nobody can show a working model to have actually ever been built.

Show me one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
OP, I think you are trying to encompass an ideal, see if this fits.

Take sunlight.

Use solar panels to convert sunlight to electricity.

Use the electricity to separate water into Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Release the Oxygen into the atmosphere. Store the Hydrogen.

Use the Hydrogen in fuel cell engines. Uses the released Oxygen.

The resultant and only emissions are water.

Nothing in the process is 'used up'

It is free by your definition and is available now.

A clean energy future.

P

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A wind turbine is free energy. There is an initial capital cost for the turbine but there would be a cost associated with any device irrespective of its method of energy production.

So OP it has already been done.

NB this is in line with your insistent definition of free energy as opposed to the usual ignorance of physics and tapping of perpetual motion machines .......which nobody has ever built anywhere in the world. Even in China where they would not give a flying f.... who they upset in building one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nice - thanks !

Another good one:Pure Energy Systems

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nice - thanks !

Another good one:Pure Energy Systems

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

How do you want to examine the devices when even the basic understanding in physics is absent. With pure try and error?

Btw I am not denying that free energy is possible, just not by the means of the classic perpetuum mobiles and so called overunity devices.

To give you one example. There is a phenomenon called tides. This water movement can be used to generate energy(tidal power plants). If you look closer into it, all you have there are two moving masses (and some fluid, but this is secondary). Still it shows that it is possible to get energy out of this system without violating physics laws. You are practically slowing down earth rotation reducing its rotational energy by using tides to do work.

I wish the free energy proponents would look at such phenomenons and use physics as their tool to come up with possible and actually working free energy device designs.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well, I have an idea that could be made and installed in most people homes. This idea would be to heat a home, not for electricity.

Use a parabolic mirror to heat a heatsink with plumbing inside, the plumbing would carry a glycol/water mix. The mix would flow through the heatsink into a 500ish gallon tank, heating to 200 degrees max. Inside the tank, which would be super insulated (either buried or aboveground), would be a heat exchanger to tie in your standard oil/gas fired hot water boiler. It would work the same way a indirect fired hot water tank works, only instead of heating a tank of water, were using a tank of hot water to heat a house. Of course the sun doesn't shine in one spot, so a heliostat would be use to help the parabolic mirror track the sun. In winter, (less daylight), and at night, the existing oil/gas setup would kick-in.

Same idea as using the roof mounted water heaters, only they really don't get very hot.

Maybe I'll just build one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jough626

Those 'evacuated tube' solar water heaters could easily be employed for home heating and the individual tubes are not all that expensive. The problem is mostly that the time you want maximum heating is in winter when the sun is low and minimum energy available to be stored. People here have problems with those heaters actually boiling the water in the header manifold on hot summer days and yes they do have a high boiling point fluid medium to move the heat up to the header tank so the tubes themselves are ok at those temps but pity the unsuspecting occupant who could get a hotter shower than he was counting on.

What we need is a good means of storing that heat energy and that reminds me of the offpeak 'block heaters' that briefly appeared in the 70s. They used off-peak energy (cheaper) to heat up a mass of concrete blocks and that heat energy was available on demand by simply blowing a fan through the 'pile' of blocks. A large insulated pile of blocks under the house might be a reasonable means of trapping some of that excess heat from solar or other free sources. The problem as above, is that you want max energy at times when there's min availability. Maybe geothermal? (if you can drill a hole ten miles deep or more)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

... but there are several devices out there that can be built and that do work

And yet, nobody can show a working model to have actually ever been built.

Show me one.

Several have been built try reading the site. I personally have been running an HHO generator on my vehicle for 3 years. Look folks if you don't think any of this is viable great move on I am not here to argue with your bias this thread is to discuss the potential of these not argue with naysayers. If you want to continue on the unsustainable path we are on that is your problem knock yourself out.

Good thing Tesla and the wright brothers etc. did not listen to the naysayers that told them all they eventually accomplished was impossible....

reply to post by moebius

How do you want to examine the devices when even the basic understanding in physics is absent. With pure try and error?

Btw I am not denying that free energy is possible, just not by the means of the classic perpetuum mobiles and so called overunity devices.

First of all if you have read through a little more of the site instead of jumping to immediately arguing for your bias you would see he is not claiming any laws of physics are being broken nor perpetual motion by these devices. these are devices that have been tested and replicated by others and are working

If you do not want to examine them because of your bias great move on and let those interested do so...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
OP, I think you are trying to encompass an ideal, see if this fits.

Take sunlight.

Use solar panels to convert sunlight to electricity.

Use the electricity to separate water into Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Release the Oxygen into the atmosphere. Store the Hydrogen.

Use the Hydrogen in fuel cell engines. Uses the released Oxygen.

The resultant and only emissions are water.

Nothing in the process is 'used up'

It is free by your definition and is available now.

A clean energy future.

P

Yes I agree and the site agrees and even gives part of your analogy on the site. However Solar panels are expensive. Some of the other means listed there are are cheaper to build and can accomplish the same thing. I am currently renewing my quest and deciding which one I am going to build make a working model then teach/consult others on how to build and become energy independent.

Financial and economic collapse is imminent. Along with dwindling supplies vs demand of our current energy model. When it happens life is going to get very tough for millions of people in the US and Europe. 3rd worlders will actually fair better because they are used to living without all the amenities we all take for granted. I consider this part of my preps.

However I will have a more conventional set up first with solar wind and bio fuels still it all depends on technology and things do wear out eventually.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Once past the inital cost, Solar is free. I'm running my den on solar even as I type. Laptop, AT&T box, router, extra large monitor, phone chargers... I'm only using about 100 watts, but the charge controller says I'm generating just over 200 watts. The extra 100+ goes to my battery bank, which is already fully charged so it's just floating it to keep it in good heath... I'm watching "Enemy At The Gates" right now. All off of solar!

Solar panels don't have to be expensive. Mine are 145 watts each. I bought two of them for $320 for both off Amazon, which is a great deal. They are the polycrystalline type. I got the best charge controller you can get though. Cost me $600, but I expand out as large as I want with that, and it came with great software and is made in the US. The tech support is great. I have about $1,500 US in my system.

Batteries are what gets pricey. What you want is two volt or six volt deep discharge golf cart batteries. I have mine wired up to make 12 volts and invert from there, but for greater effeciancy, you can wire to 24 or 48 volts and invert from those voltages and be much more effecient. I have 416 amp hours and about 5,000 KWH available...

I'll link to a you tube video of my system shortly...

Here: www.youtube.com...

Sorry for the bad sound quality. And bad video quality. I just used an old digital camera.

edit on 21-10-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius

They will examine them with nice, cheap words of course. And also lots of inappropriately placed consecutive commas.

I wish the free energy proponents would look at such phenomenons and use physics as their tool to come up with possible and actually working free energy device designs.

They don't because then it wouldn't be a conspiracy. They would rather sit around and complain the Man is keeping the technology that doesn't exist secret instead of actually doing something. Also, do you really think most people here are capable of learning the multivariable calculus, classical mechanics, and thermodynamics, needed to do that?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Nice job man! 5,000 KHW per month or? this is what I am talking about. This is doable for anyone. Need a good back up generator too...

I like how you are piecing it together as you go because the initial cost is what throws people off. One or two panels to start a couple batteries an inverter etc. to get you started and then add as you can afford. Love stuff like this!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moduli

Originally posted by moebius

They will examine them with nice, cheap words of course. And also lots of inappropriately placed consecutive commas.

They don't because then it wouldn't be a conspiracy. They would rather sit around and complain the Man is keeping the technology that doesn't exist secret instead of actually doing something. Also, do you really think most people here are capable of learning the multivariable calculus, classical mechanics, and thermodynamics, needed to do that?

Maybe you could go to the site and come back here and point out what laws of physics are being violated? This is the problem with the cultists they don't even read the OP and look at the site but just spout their emotional bias based on nothing!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I read a bit of the book. Looks interesting.

I have a question for you......

I know very very little about electronics or power. I know that most things run on 110 current whatever that means. And I know a bit about wattage. Like a standard light bulb uses 60 watts. Not sure if that means per hour or whatever.

So as you can see I don't know much. Not really enough to probably build any kind of generator. I was wondering if there's either:

1) an extremely simple generator that anyone can build using parts readily available from common stores. And the instructions laid out in maybe video format so you can easily follow along.

or

2) a place I could just buy a working generator?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by hawkiye

I read a bit of the book. Looks interesting.

I have a question for you......

I know very very little about electronics or power. I know that most things run on 110 current whatever that means. And I know a bit about wattage. Like a standard light bulb uses 60 watts. Not sure if that means per hour or whatever.

So as you can see I don't know much. Not really enough to probably build any kind of generator. I was wondering if there's either:

1) an extremely simple generator that anyone can build using parts readily available from common stores. And the instructions laid out in maybe video format so you can easily follow along.

or

2) a place I could just buy a working generator?

You know more then you think and there isn't anything anymore you can't look up on the net these days, Read chapter 12 on the site it will give you a basic understanding of electronics etc. and you will feel more comfortable. There are some devices that are more on the mechanical side that anyone can build and there are some with no moving parts that you could build even with limited electronics knowledge if you can follow instructions. There are some you can buy but it's been a long time since I have looked at this particular site and i am reading some of it now but have not run across where to buy anything yet.

One of my goals is to decide what I am going to build and then I may even market them after I have a working model or at least consult on building them. It would be cool to get a group of us together and build one of these as we all have different skills and attributes.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

For some reason I have had free energy on my mind. I have dabbled in this field for many years now but not much the past few.

Let me define free energy for use in this thread so we can avoid the same tired old arguments. Free energy is energy that does no require constant payout to obtain.
Then if I put $30,000 worth of solar panels on my roof and run my house on that, I already have free energy according to that definition, right?

But I think you're not using the commonly accepted definition, which is:

Free energy

In pseudoscience:

Free energy device, a hypothetical device that creates energy in a hypothetical isolated system, i.e. without any external input, thereby contradicting the laws of thermodynamics

So if we use your definition instead, why not just call it solar/tidal power? Both are free energy by your definition and we already have them available. They aren't all that economical yet but as prices for oil, gas, coal etc rise they will become economically more viable.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join