It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I've been stopping by ATS more frequently the past few months. Not for the sensational, which is my passion but just to get some facts about what's going on in the world that doesn't get on the mainstream media.

Where to start? Ah, from the beginning!

Ever since I can remember, I've always been curious. Many of my first memories are of asking my father questions and his plainly spoken but grown-up answers. Back in those days words were printed on paper so I remember that at age 12 I had to have my mother sign for my adult library card. I remember staring through the glass partition at all the books I wasn't allowed to read. Unacceptable.

Somehow early on I developed a fascination with most things weird and scary. At 5 years old I was into dinosaurs. I received a plastic molded set of them with the names embossed on the bottom. I learned to pronounce all the names correctly and played with them constantly. I wish I still had them. Each week on payday my father would take me to the store and let me pick out a 25 cent comic and and invariably I'd comeback with a "Tales From the Vault" type of magazine until I had a drawer full. I used to scare the bejeezers out of seven year old self with them so my mother forced me to give them away to my much older cousins. Wish I still had them too.

In Kindergarten, each week we would receive a word of our choosing which the teacher would write down on a piece of paper and put in our envelopes; the idea being that we would form crude sentences with them over time. I never did figure out how to make sentences with "Tyrannosaurus rex" (which she had to look up in the dictionary before writing it down), "Diplodocus", "Frankenstein" and "werewolf" without any verbs or adjectives. I had a pretty standard education, meaning that over the course of growing up I realized that I was fed a series of half-truths, guesses and outright lies.

I was raised atheist in a very Catholic neighborhood. During elementary school, entire classroom would be bused over to the church for "church school", with me left behind usually alone to draw on the chalk board for part of the afternoon. When my classmates returned I would get, "Why don't you have to got to church school?" And then the genuinely concerned, "Haven't you been baptized!?!" And the inevitable "Don't you know you're going to hell?"

Yeah baby, I know, I'll see you there.

As an older teen I realized that I was a spiritual being and that I had spiritual needs. For some reason, Catholicism didn't appeal to me, so I started reading on my own about all sorts of religions and then into mystical societies, occultism. I even bought a couple rare grimoires just to see what hidden knowledge was in them. I've read many religious and philosophical texts. I never adopted any of their beliefs wholesale but in bits and pieces but I've read a bit about what other people seem to believe.

As a young person read "Chariot of the Gods" and afterwards, "Flying Saucers: Serious Business" and became fascinated by the subject of flying saucers. I'm a UFO junkie and I'm very familiar with the lore surrounding the whole subject. Again, I have no answers; just more questions.

Which leads me to another hidden item I'm fascinated with...The Black Budget and all the operations funded by it with our dollars and in our name. And the hidden powers that be, that maniacally grease the wheels of the machine.
I think a wise man once said, "Look out kid, they keep it all hid."

That's why I'm here.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Welcome

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you. So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wormtongue

hello welcome to ATS
have a flag

you may like this if you have the time.the second one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i loved it as it as some good stuff (some)
if you want to see a good ufo thingy befor nasa edited it goto 1h 40 mins and give it 10 mins
hope you like it
and please dont be a grammar nazi

edit on 21/10/2012 by maryhinge because: second one

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Great intro, I feel like I already know you...a little. I have a feeling you won't be a Stranger long.

Look forward to getting to know you more.

Des

edit on 21-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Welcome! When you decide you want your very own avatar, come on over to our thread and we'll hook ya up!

The link is in my signiture line

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the info Johnny!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Thanks Mary! I'll check out the link when I have time.

What makes you think I'd be a grammar nazi? Lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the warm welcome, Des!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hi Night Star!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks PurpleChiten! I was wondering where you guys got all those cool avatars!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

its just that this place is full of them
sorry i always jump the gun

edit on 23/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join