It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dreamtime Boomerang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
In the Aboriginal dreamtime the mystical time of the Aboriginal people, and them nomads and gatherer wanders of the lands in Australia.

The dreamtime is something clouded in the history of myths and legends. The dreamtime allegory is a telling of the creation of the world. The dreamtime precedes the Jesus crucifixtion and is so a ancient story that it would be best to describe it taking as place in the time of the Bibles Genesis, the creation of the world.

Lets just pause for a second. Creation of the world? Before we answer that question we must understand what the world really is?

Lets break the world down into its very basic set of physical extremities. Earth, Wind, Fire and Water. The force of creation binding them togther in a system of perfect harmony.

The dreamtime is therefore story of the the creation of harmony, and its characters in the stories yield their effect to bring in order and balance to the physical. In this way they give form to the physical and breath into them the animation of life.

Yes the Bible is a story of the Dreamtime. We should never dismiss the Aboriginal as simple nomads they are the original divine characters of the story that created the world, the creatures and gave the power of the flame (words) to man.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I concur...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You ever read any of the stories that are allowed to be told?

Makes as much sense to me as Disc World. I'm not denigrating their spiritual belief, but you ask any urban Nyungar about any of it, they'll flog you, steal your ipod and bash your face in with a beer bottle for good measure.

Dreamtime stories are also unique to different skin names -- that being their term for families, or clans. And extended family can call these stories theirs, but not any old Aborigine can come along and talk another persons story.

Here's a nice little story about disobeying your elders, abducting women, and the origins of the long neck turtle!

Remember kids, if you steal a sheila, you're gunna turn into a flamin' turtle!!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
In the Aboriginal dreamtime the mystical time of the Aboriginal people, and them nomads and gatherer wanders of the lands in Australia.

The dreamtime is something clouded in the history of myths and legends. The dreamtime allegory is a telling of the creation of the world. The dreamtime precedes the Jesus crucifixtion and is so a ancient story that it would be best to describe it taking as place in the time of the Bibles Genesis, the creation of the world.

Lets just pause for a second. Creation of the world? Before we answer that question we must understand what the world really is?

Lets break the world down into its very basic set of physical extremities. Earth, Wind, Fire and Water. The force of creation binding them togther in a system of perfect harmony.

The dreamtime is therefore story of the the creation of harmony, and its characters in the stories yield their effect to bring in order and balance to the physical. In this way they give form to the physical and breath into them the animation of life.

Yes the Bible is a story of the Dreamtime. We should never dismiss the Aboriginal as simple nomads they are the original divine characters of the story that created the world, the creatures and gave the power of the flame (words) to man.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedzy

The Bible is a story about dreamtime??? seriously....you surely dont believe all that now do you?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedzy

What i believe in is.................................

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
For me 'dreamtime' seems like a very accurate term for describing centuries of existence. Imagine generation after generation living the same lives and with very little cultural drift? Place that in the context of a world without time and frame it against the passing seasons of Australia.

Thousands and thousands of years of oral history trying to define one encounter or incident from another. Was it a 100 generations ago or a 1000? No wonder they decided Dreamtime was the best way of imagining the passage of anonymous centuries.

Profound stuff!!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Profound stuff!!

Can never get enough Profound on Ats.......

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
You ever read any of the stories that are allowed to be told?

Makes as much sense to me as Disc World. I'm not denigrating their spiritual belief, but you ask any urban Nyungar about any of it, they'll flog you, steal your ipod and bash your face in with a beer bottle for good measure.

Yes I can't say your wrong about both. There are natural formations that are explained in the dreamtime as the paths of a giant snake ie canyons etc. If it is allegory or analogue-parable it is so obscure nothing of sense can be made of it. And the stealing ipod-bashing? I grew up around them and its for the most part true.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It goes beyond that really, in remote communities that are not self destructing with grog and solvents, they still believe that they can 'travel' into the dreamtime. Actually, the lady talking said "astral travel" but that seemed a little contrived to me.

It's a shame that the kids these days are more into gang signs and americanised gangster culture than learning about their own culture. It can't be taught in school, it has to be taught as a way of life, and it's a big wide open red land distracted by the shiny fast paced circus that the rest of us live in.

and it's all getting crappier and crappier, not better as time goes on. sad really..

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

stealing ipod-bashing?

Wandering Ipod wearers must learn to carry boomerangs for self defence.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
Yes I can't say your wrong about both. There are natural formations that are explained in the dreamtime as the paths of a giant snake ie canyons etc. If it is allegory or analogue-parable it is so obscure nothing of sense can be made of it. And the stealing ipod-bashing? I grew up around them and its for the most part true.

same here and I'm only pointing out my opinion based on my personal experiences.. I've never seen someone so nonchalantly dissolve a full unopened stubby of hanh ice into someones face before as he tried to escape on his bike. Instant blood face. aaaaaand then he was gone quick as a flash.

Dreaming is all allegory. Tales that are easy to remember. But I've yet to hear one that has any relation to the wider world. Frogs that drink lakes, people who hide in caves during a flood turn unto emus, some kid stealing eggs from a nest turns into a snake or something..

But realistically as old as it is, it needs to be kept, at least in my opinion. I am intrigued by languages, no good at them, but fascinated by the origins of things, and the many languages of Aborigine are as telling about the people themselves as they are interesting to observe.

On local Nyungar mob had numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and then an all encompassing number, Many.

I just find that funny.

Dreamtime stories are interesting like that... but also almost childish in what they say.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Bilky

stealing ipod-bashing?

Wandering Ipod wearers must learn to carry boomerangs for self defence.

No good, the police would taser you for carrying a samurai sword. Charge you with carrying an offensive weapon with intent to injure or harm. Take the boomerrang, and fine you $450 including $120 court costs.

Cheaper to buy a new ipod.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If they purchase the dreamtime version of the boomerang it comes invisible to police.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Bilky

On local Nyungar mob had numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and then an all encompassing number, Many.

I just find that funny.

Considering that we all have ten fingers and toes I find that amazing.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

reply to post by winofiend

If they purchase the dreamtime version of the boomerang it comes invisible to police.

.. I could go on about surveillance cameras, but..

new topics

top topics

join