It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video of Mass UFOs over Manchester -- October 20, 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Thaxter

Excellent catch! I am going to read through the thread but I guess what we should look for now are others that saw this as well. Maybe someone else got footage but even if there are reports of others in the area that witnessed these things that would eliminate the idea of CGI. S&F!

Read back a few posts and what you'll find might save you time looking for other witnesses.

The clip is an admitted simulation created in the FSX environment, ... a flight simulator program.

Yeah, thanks. I caught that but not before discovering Manchester is a hotbed of UFO sightings.
They seem to have had a lot of extraordinary stuff over head.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say this video is fake. I've seen the exact same effects used in other videos by other Youtube users who seek to spread disinformation and gain revenue from making these rather silly fake videos. This YouTube user has a number of videos on his channel which are fake and have been posted on ATS before. The best thing to do before posting a YouTube video is to check the videographer's channel.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I can honestly tell you people on here that this is not a UFO movie, it simply just shows me that not many people have as I have ever seen a UFO in real life, I can tell you all they never fly like that.
I see a proper UFO over Exmouth in 1997, another in Norwich last year over the city, and another in Westen Hills Lincs, and they are gone in a blink, always alone, no more than 1 ever, they are silver not white, they fly dead straight, they are silent, they have no flashing or any other lights apart from a number of windows that are very slightly lite up.
Once you see the real thing it lives with you forever I can tell you, you will never forget it, and if you see one close as I did for some reason you cannot move, not figured that out yet, but it prevents you from taking pics or talking.
I was with 2 older gents in a Devon boat yard, the guys were feet away from me, I wanted to shout to them and say hey look>> but my words would not come, very odd but it's true like it or not.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I can honestly tell you people on here that this is not a UFO movie, it simply just shows me that not many people have as I have ever seen a UFO in real life, I can tell you all they never fly like that.
I see a proper UFO over Exmouth in 1997, another in Norwich last year over the city, and another in Westen Hills Lincs, and they are gone in a blink, always alone, no more than 1 ever, they are silver not white, they fly dead straight, they are silent, they have no flashing or any other lights apart from a number of windows that are very slightly lite up.
Once you see the real thing it lives with you forever I can tell you, you will never forget it, and if you see one close as I did for some reason you cannot move, not figured that out yet, but it prevents you from taking pics or talking.
I was with 2 older gents in a Devon boat yard, the guys were feet away from me, I wanted to shout to them and say hey look>> but my words would not come, very odd but it's true like it or not.
So, I'm sure that you would love to take the time to explain to us exactly what a UFO is, how it flies and whether they are silent or not. I urge you to take a look at some of the most famous UFO cases as well as videos and photos. It's very ignorant to suggest that all UFO's are the same. Do you have any evidence of your UFO sighting?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Like in so many other ‘lights in the sky’ videos these UFOs seem to just meander around with no particular thing to do and no particular place to go. I suppose it could be an aliens idea of an evening stroll but still…

edit on 21-10-2012 by apsalmist because: I left out a very important word.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

The prob. I have with the video and others I've seen lately is that there is a perceivable problem with the lights in the video moving correctly with the random frame jitters that are present/continuous. They clearly drift incorrectly/aren't exactly in sync with the motion of the rest of the scene when jitter occurs.
edit on 10/21/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
1. I found that the objects can be closely replicated from behind glass in a carefully darkened room by capturing the reflection of small light sources (penlights?) from a distance behind the camera operator.

2. Note that in the video, there's an artificial diffused quality when they flash back on. This is indicative of a reflection.

3. The subdued background noise (wind, birds, etc), is suspect in comparison to the enhanced camera sound, all of which appear out of proportion for an outdoor shot.

Just my observations.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Another thing is why do they appear after the guy starts filming? It's not like there were a bunch of lights in the sky and he went and got his camera it looks like just the opposite he got his camera then the lights appeared.

I'm not near a farm yet still I smell bull#.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT

Originally posted by Alternative4u
So, I'm sure that you would love to take the time to explain to us exactly what a UFO is, how it flies and whether they are silent or not. I urge you to take a look at some of the most famous UFO cases as well as videos and photos. It's very ignorant to suggest that all UFO's are the same. Do you have any evidence of your UFO sighting?

Have to concur. That's like saying I've seen a fighter jet once, so I know if it doesn't look like an F-16, it can't possibly be a fighter jet.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeanne75018

Originally posted by drneville

Originally posted by intrptr
Whoops, the digital glitch at 1:22 when they all mystery blink off and back on again.

Nice one

Next please..

Digital glitch? Why would that happen? There is absolutely no reason for that if it's CGI.

But it would be consistent with leds hanging on a kids toy mobile - the kind that hangs over a baby cot

a section could temporarily become hidden by the bar that holds another section. Difficult to explain, but i'm sure you know about baby mobiles where there are several sections hanging from one or more central section.

And film it all as a reflection i a window pane.

Tadah.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73
***snip***
What do hoaxers and fakers get out of it? Surely there is more fun to be had elsewhere***snip***

Reading these threads all over the internet? No. It doesn't get funnier than that. For some people. Not me. I'm only moderately amused.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I guess the headlights on my car are photoshopped too.
They both blink on and off at the same time.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The reality of all of this of course is that if UFO's really were flying over Manchester, they'd have had their wheels nicked within 60 seconds.

So I'm calling fake because no Alien with any common sense would fly anywhere near the place.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
edit: removed post because yes it seems this is a confirmed cgi video.
edit on 21/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

Sorry I wasted everyone's time on a CGI hoax video! I was so excited, too.

Thanks for your input. I would delete this thread but don't know if that is possible. If it is, I'll gladly delete just so others are not sidetracked to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just a little observation.
Since when has Manchester had an ocean next to it.....

Plus nothing in the media, not even The Sun.....

I tip the scales in favour of FAKE.....it was a hard decision.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nice video clarity.

Appearing to suspect these are operated by our own.

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hoq many times dfo you have to see a video with UFOs DANCING FOR THE CAMERA (yes not even hyperspace moving for a second, just dancing 'Hey watch us!) to REALIZE it's comple utter fake BS

This place is turning into trash..

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaxter
reply to post by Thaxter

Sorry I wasted everyone's time on a CGI hoax video! I was so excited, too.

Thanks for your input. I would delete this thread but don't know if that is possible. If it is, I'll gladly delete just so others are not sidetracked to it.

NO apology required. Not a waste of time either. Thats what this site is for. To analyze stuff dug up on the internet. Thanks for bringing it.

Now, go get another one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter

Neat video but there are issues. First, this type of UFO video is really easy to fake. Second, the YT user's 75 videos all seem to be UFO videos. They try to counter these issues with giving us a long video where as most fakes are short and sweet but I gotta call BS on this video. The YT user is probably just looking for views to get his $$

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join