It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think its time we took a good look at the world today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As we all know, Dec 21, 2012, is fast approaching. With all of the several hundred theories out there, I think it is time that we can start scratching some of them off the list. I want this to be an interactive thread. Throw out random facts and we can see if we can tie them to one of the possible theories. I think it is safe to say that Nibiru can be scratched off the list unless it is going to magically appear within the next 60 days.... Yes people, 60 days is all that remains, from today.... 2 months is not a long time, so lets take a look at the current world and see what could possible happen.

A pole shift is still on the table, as there have been lots of earth quakes, and the sun could get very active at any time.

It's possible that it will be the beginning of a new age, the age of aquarius, but what does that mean?

It's possible that aliens, or mayans may return to this planet through a stargate, or spaceship, or other dimension.

It's possible that humanity could go through a massive spiritual awakening, causing a paradigm shift.

It's possible that the economy could collapse in the USA which would lead to global implications.

It's possible that world war 3 could break out especially with all the tension in the east.

It's possible that the large hadron collider could accidentally create some sort of rip in the fabric of spacetime.

It's possible that there will be a major false flag, caused by secret societies, for the new world order to take over.

And lastly, its possible that nothing at all will happen. The day will come, people will be scared, possible doing stupid stuff in the streets, because theres are always some jackasses out there looking for trouble, but the day will come and go with little significance.

So what's it going to be? What is the most likely scenario? Or something i haven't thought of? What has been debunked?

There is one thing that I must say to all the skeptics out there. If nothing happens on that day, or around that day, then, that is a hell of a lot of people wrong! From modern day spiritual teachers, to ancient civilizations and prophecies. Can they all be wrong? What does it mean if nothing happens, what will the human race do if we just continue on our path of self destruction? Where will be in 50 years if nothing happens? Does humanity have a future, or is 2012 the year that changes our path? Only 2 months to remain, and I keep an open mind. I am not a skeptic, but I'm not a believer either. But I'd certainly like to get to the bottom of it, wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So what's it going to be? What is the most likely scenario? Or something i haven't thought of? What has been debunked?
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Crustal upheaval,shifting plates...lava spewing,darkness in the sky
................maybe every thing will be alright

edit on 21-10-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There is nothing to suggest that the 21st Dec 2012 is of any significance. Nothing.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Simple answer.

Nobody knows.

Speculate all you want, anything is possible up to, and after that date.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Ditto about dates.

However, the next war in the mideast is almost ready to start. All the pieces are in place, the sanctions are increasing, the slow bleed of Syria is progressing, the rhetoric about the WMD in Iran is at a fever pitch. Just waiting for the elections in Nov.

The result is that we are so bored of hearing it, when it does begin in earnest we will all go...finally! At once surprised but not too, just the way they want us to act.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
There is nothing to suggest that the 21st Dec 2012 is of any significance. Nothing.

Nothing to suggest that its not of any significance..... Isn't the point of this site to deny ignorance?

There are a million things pointing and surrounding december 21st 2012. There are hundreds of books written on the subject. The mayan calendar, the zodiac, the sumerians.... and so on. Even things said in the bible about the end times are sounding similar to modern times. You cannot tell me there is no significance surrounding dec 21st 2012.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I vote for some hitherto unknown electromagnetic or elctro-chemical anomaly that every so many tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of years erases completely or destroys connections to nearly all or all of the memories (and therefore knowledge and learning) stored in the human mind and other complex-brained creatures. When this occurs (and it is a sudden event every time it has occurred in the past) the mind of every man, woman, and child on planet earth is effectively "wiped clean" so that they can no longer even recall the language they spoke the day before. All that remains are the very instincts each of us was born with, otherwise, everyone (regardless of past education) is thrown into the same boat where they must relearn everything from scratch all over again, from walking and talking to even learning to wear clothes and go to the bathroom outside. When this happens the entire global civilization falls nearly instantly, the world is thrown in utter chaos, and the world population of complex-brained creatures plunges to near extinction before starting all over again.

I vote for this having happened several times and that whatever the anomaly is, it is a natural cycle of either the galaxy, the solar system, the Sun, or the Earth itself.

Either that, or I vote for it making a great novel!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Simple answer.

Nobody knows.

Speculate all you want, anything is possible up to, and after that date.

The point of this thread, is to speculate, and hopefully identify the real possibilities. It is going to get more and more obvious leading up to that date, its only 2 months away.... So lets start speculating, and see what we learn, then people will know....
edit on 21-10-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

Originally posted by SpearMint

Nothing to suggest that its not of any significance..... Isn't the point of this site to deny ignorance?

There are a million things pointing and surrounding december 21st 2012. There are hundreds of books written on the subject. The mayan calendar, the zodiac, the sumerians.... and so on. Even things said in the bible about the end times are sounding similar to modern times. You cannot tell me there is no significance surrounding dec 21st 2012.

The mayan calendar doesn't predict anything, and that's where most things regarding this date come from. People writing books doesn't mean anything, including the bible. I can tell you there is no significance, there is nothing to suggest it is. Nothing credible anyway, just nut jobs and conjecture. You'll see in a couple of months.

And speculating about a date based on no evidence is not denying ignorance.
edit on 21-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

That was awesome, thank you for that!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

What say you about the zodiac?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

What say you about the zodiac?

Just as credible as the books.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
On December 21st nothing substantial will happen. On December 22, those proclaiming and fabricating this nonsense will conjure up some excuse or claim a miscalculation and set a new date. It’s all a joke. What happened to the Y2K? Some people probably made billions among billions. Somehow I think there are people in this case who stand to make a lot of money.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
On December 21st nothing substantial will happen. On December 22, those proclaiming and fabricating this nonsense will conjure up some excuse or claim a miscalculation and set a new date. It’s all a joke. What happened to the Y2K? Some people probably made billions among billions. Somehow I think there are people in this case who stand to make a lot of money.

Makes me wonder when the next big date will be...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Whatever you think will happen will happen, let me explain.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-10-2012 by Aquarius2150 because: Link Fix

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't really think anything out of the ordinary is going to happen but of course, I don't know for sure. If something big were to happen, I think it would be something "man made" sort of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sometimes, based on things I've heard people say and posts on this site and others, I think that people kind of are hoping for the apocalypse... Not all people of course, but I think many are wanting to see SHTF - not just preparing in case but excited for it...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well this thread was an epic fail.... It seems the closer dec 21st gets, the more people lose interest in it.

In my personal opinion, I think nothing is going to happen on or around that day. However, I cannot ignore the prophecies surrounding it. Our history here on earth is so shattered, that we really have no idea where we came from, or where we are going. We are like a child lost in the mall, we go anywhere, do anything, but we have no direction or purpose. So when the ancients point to dates so far into the future, long after they are gone, it makes me wonder why they would do that. What is the point? It is evident that there is a massive spiritual awakening already occuring on this planet, but it doesn't seem like its enough to change anything. So as dec 21 gets closer, my eyes are open, I expect nothing to happen, but I also wouldn't be so surprised if something did happen. So many of you dismiss it so quickly, so much for denying ignorance.... We might as well bathe in it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

A pole shift is still on the table, as there have been lots of earth quakes, and the sun could get very active at any time.

For me, pole shift depends on what meaning you provide for it. For this their are two camps:
1. Physical shift of the geological poles. This is an unlikely and nearly impossible event. The amount of energy required to stop the rotation of the Earth and reverse it's geological poles would destroy the Earth and everything that inhabits it.
2. A magnetic shift of the Earth's poles. This is a more likely event. While we do not know much about the cause of these types of shifts, we do know that they happen. There is no direct evidence that links these types of shifts with mass extinctions or drastic changes in climate.

It's possible that it will be the beginning of a new age, the age of aquarius, but what does that mean?

Who knows on this one. Sound kind of fishy if you ask me. If I believe in something that is non-physical (like these new agers do) hard and long enough, then in my mind it becomes a reality. This brings to mind the discovery of N-Rays:
N-Rays

It's possible that aliens, or mayans may return to this planet through a stargate, or spaceship, or other dimension.

This is not an impossibility. However, there is no direct evidence to prove or disprove the ancient astronaut theory.

It's possible that humanity could go through a massive spiritual awakening, causing a paradigm shift.

I put this with the new age (aquarius) camp explanation.

It's possible that the economy could collapse in the USA which would lead to global implications.

Seeings how the world economy is based soley on the value assigned to a peice of paper. It's all just smoke an mirrors.

It's possible that world war 3 could break out especially with all the tension in the east.

Why the East. There are tensions everywhere.

And lastly, its possible that nothing at all will happen. The day will come, people will be scared, possible doing stupid stuff in the streets, because theres are always some jackasses out there looking for trouble, but the day will come and go with little significance.

Most likely scenario.

There is one thing that I must say to all the skeptics out there. If nothing happens on that day, or around that day, then, that is a hell of a lot of people wrong! From modern day spiritual teachers, to ancient civilizations and prophecies. Can they all be wrong? What does it mean if nothing happens, what will the human race do if we just continue on our path of self destruction? Where will be in 50 years if nothing happens? Does humanity have a future, or is 2012 the year that changes our path? Only 2 months to remain, and I keep an open mind. I am not a skeptic, but I'm not a believer either. But I'd certainly like to get to the bottom of it, wouldn't you?

Well, there is no evidence that any ancient civilizations or prophecies indicate 12/21/2012 as anything more than just a day. The problem is that interpretations of ancient civilization writings and prophecies are just that, interpretations.

-saige-

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It's possible that the large hadron collider could accidentally create some sort of rip in the fabric of spacetime.

It's possible that there will be a major false flag, caused by secret societies, for the new world order to take over.

It could be all of the above, or multiple parts of the above, or none of the above. War is definitely on the horizon so I'm thinking multiple parts of the above are coming right around the bend although I don't think it'll take place all on one day (its already happening) and I have doubts about Mayans or aliens will be involved. If a new age is to begin it won't happen until after the dust of war settles.

top topics

join