RAP was started by some white guys

page: 2
8
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Umm… that's what cRap is.


Just don't stifle creativity just because it doesn't meet your high standard of taste.


Who's stifling? Do want you want to, that's what being an American is all about right?
I remember the mid 80s when it broke big and I've heard my fair share and even attended
a Beastie Boys show back in the 90s. Sorry, not on my iPod anytime soon.

I have a 17 year old, you wouldn't believe what I have to put up with musically!

BTW, can you really call out an old Zappa fan as having a "high standard of taste"?




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Who's stifling?


When you use comments like 'cRAP'.

It's just that too many people like to be really down on RAP for some reason? How come country never seems to solicit the same hate?

I think 'some white guys' are in this thread. I know one of them started it. Trying to claim black musicians stole from white musicians
and being all indignant about it. Too funny mate.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If you believe this crap then you probably believe Elvis invented Rock & Roll......



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
If you believe this crap then you probably believe Elvis invented Rock & Roll......

Amen.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The J fricken Geils Band didn't start rap music! There wasn't a single source and it certainly wasn't them.

Not a bad wiki for the history of hip-hop.

Gil Scott Heron and the Last Poets played more part in it than a white tribute band to R&B.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 





And we all know rock came from the blues, and need I speak about Elvis? LOL@the fact anyone flagged this, it's cool we know some of you are in the closet racists.


Actually, one of those flags came from me and it wasn't because I particularly like the original post. I flagged it because I feel we have a good discussion going on here. I absolutely love real hip-hop and most of my CD collection is hip-hop.

Granted, I don't buy CD's anymore but the point is, this thread has had some really interesting contributions and your unwarranted accusation is pulling the thread down.

I flagged this because it's interesting and you're calling me a closet racist. Gee, thanks. :shk:



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes
 


My apologies, I posted that out of spite. It was ignorant on my part. Although I did leave some room to wiggle with "some of you" but if I have offended you unjustly, I am sorry.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 


Dear Komonazmuk,



And we all know rock came from the blues, and need I speak about Elvis? LOL@the fact anyone flagged this, it's cool we know some of you are in the closet racists.


Yes you have caught me, I belong to the KKK because I like the J. Geils Band. Are your really that silly? I got it all wrong, all good music was made by black people and Mozart ripped you off. Music is universal and not race specific. We learn from each other you racist little person. Learn to read all the posts and don't just attack people.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 


Accepted.
The OP is off the mark slightly, I agree. Just hate the race card being thrown around willy nilly.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: to be more civil



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 


Dear Komonazmuk,



And we all know rock came from the blues, and need I speak about Elvis? LOL@the fact anyone flagged this, it's cool we know some of you are in the closet racists.


Yes you have caught me, I belong to the KKK because I like the J. Geils Band. Are your really that silly? I got it all wrong, all good music was made by black people and Mozart ripped you off. Music is universal and not race specific. We learn from each other you racist little person. Learn to read all the posts and don't just attack people.


Don't put words in my mouth, where did I say all good music was created by black people, Did you forget your OP you tried to say the J Geils band invented rap, you said Rap was created by White guys. It was not.

No need to get all martyr on me now. And you can't flag your own thread.... so yeaaaaah.

Your point?

Racist little person? For the record I am Caucasian I was just calling you out on your BS OP.

From the horses mouth: "RAP was started by some white guys" and I did provide you with an earlier song and with a link, I only apologize if my jab struck a heart cord, but yeah feel free to check out the rest of what I actually posted.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 


Let's lighten the mood here with a little classic old and not so old...






posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK
 


Dear ANOK,

Really, music is race based? Some "white guy" tried to say it was created by color, learn to read. Read my second post and be fair to my words rather than a liar. Music does not know color and the J Geils Band was good and inventive and did somethings others did not. Geez, sorry my thread title was not perfect and you could not understand what I did write. I guess I am not perfect either; but, you are the racist and not me.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 


Dear Komonazmuk,

Hey sunshine, I never said what color you were and I don't care, I responded to what you said. If you read my second post you might get that I had already apologized for pointing out the color of the band. I already apologized, how many times do I have to say it or could you bother reading the whole thread? If you had any sense, you would have read my profile and other posts. I prefer, though I like neither, Obama over Romney. Call me a racist again you fool or actually read the things I have written. Rather than accuse me of things, use my own words against me. What if, before you accused someone of racism, you actually asked them questions. What if you actually gave people a chance. Too much to ask from someone like you.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by ANOK
 


Dear ANOK,

Really, music is race based? Some "white guy" tried to say it was created by color, learn to read. Read my second post and be fair to my words rather than a liar. Music does not know color and the J Geils Band was good and inventive and did somethings others did not. Geez, sorry my thread title was not perfect and you could not understand what I did write. I guess I am not perfect either; but, you are the racist and not me.



You can't deny the fact that the thread title was indicating that the genre was In fact created by white people - This was(maybe not intentionally) the whole basis of you're thread, hence why people see it as slight racism. If you would of titled the thread something along the lines of "HipHop, different routes" and not racially based, you wouldn't be seeing these accusations which we're seeing one. Colour is irrelevant, but you made it [I]the[/I] poiint

Side note: I'm not calling you racist, lol.
edit on 21-10-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Komonazmuk
 


Dear Komonazmuk,

Hey sunshine, I never said what color you were and I don't care, I responded to what you said. If you read my second post you might get that I had already apologized for pointing out the color of the band. I already apologized, how many times do I have to say it or could you bother reading the whole thread? If you had any sense, you would have read my profile and other posts. I prefer, though I like neither, Obama over Romney. Call me a racist again you fool or actually read the things I have written. Rather than accuse me of things, use my own words against me. What if, before you accused someone of racism, you actually asked them questions. What if you actually gave people a chance. Too much to ask from someone like you.


Funny you post this, I had even u2ud you apologizing. Yet you keep on, I admitted I was wrong to say that in thread, and in u2u, how about we stick to what you made this thread about. Have a good one man.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK
 


Dear fool,



You can't deny the fact that the thread title was indicating that the genre was In fact created by white people - This was(maybe not intentionally) the whole basis of you're thread, hence why people see it as slight racism. If you would of titled the thread something along the lines of "HipHop, different routes" and not racially based, you wouldn't be seeing these accusations which we're seeing one. Colour is irrelevant, but you made it [I]the[/I] point.


I don't deny anything I wrote and I don't deny my second post where I apoligized for saying they were white. What else do you want me to apologize for? I made a mistake, apologized for it and now for the rest of my life on ATS I get to hear people like you ignore my apology and rant on nonsense. You are not a very helpful or good person, does that help. What if you had read the rest, said you understood I made a mistake and tried to help me be clearer about what I did mean?



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Before the thread descends into a playground fight about what colour skin makes the best music or who *invented* music, it's worth pointing out that colour has sweet FA to do with good music. In fact, our cultures play a huge part in the way our ears are tuned and prejudiced to prefer one form of music over another.

So for most of us, we like the music of our cultures above other cultures and can't really help it. For example, try as I might, I could never enjoy Ravi Shanker or Indian music although a billion Indians think it's the best stuff going. Music from the Middle East sounds awful and yet it sounds great to people from that background. There are exceptions of course!

Music has been a melting pot ever since communities and cultures have interacted, traded or conquered. Take the Blues? African drums and rhythms - European guitars and English language. One couldn't exist without the other.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
OG break dancing




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz
 


Dear 3chainz,

Thanks for posting something we can all enjoy. I messed up and my OP was garbage, I was listening to J. Geils and wanted to give them their due, I did it poorly and you got us back on track, good music. I don't post in the music section and messed up, thanks for reminding us it is about music. Peace. I did not mean to create a problem. My mother taught me to like marching bands, I like all music and I don't think race has anything to do with it.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Does this really need to get into a rant about race religion color creed gender sexual preference national origin.

Besides anyone who knows anything knows that Rap was invented by a Chinaman named Wang Hang Lo who migrated to Ethiopia by way of France where he changed his name to Booga-Wooga and began to recite ancient Celtic Prayers to the Drum-Beat of Kroopa a well known hollow log pounder from the Amazon Regions who had been transported to Ethiopia by Reptilians for the purpose of introducing the concept of a NWO where-in all Peoples would live in Peace & Harmony and spend their days pounding on logs and waxing Poetic & lull themselves into a self-induced stupor rendering them easy pickings for the Reptilians to harvest & eat.

Hence the Maxim "The Love of Music is the Root of all Evil"
Or in the words of D-Dog McA "Rap is Hell"





new topics
top topics
 
8
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join