It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Missouri pastor's speech on homosexuality ends with a twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This Missouri pastor's speech on homosexuality ends with a twist

It seems like the arguments never change, only the nature and topics of those arguments change. Right now the hot button topic in the USA, or one of them is on Gay marriage, and yet people are still using the same arguments that were used for other topics and positions, thinking that they were a good idea, when they were not. More and more people are tending to step away from religion, and this is not about religion, rather how many people are ultimately being turned away by the arguments that have a religious overtones, where such is being shown to promote inequality in society.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The gay and lesbian community should have (and do have) the chance to marry whomever they love.
I don't believe the states should legitimize their union by recognizing it with rights that a traditional ( the only true one) marriage enjoy's.
That's my opinion about the push for the community to bring "legitimacy" to their lifestyle.
I love people, all people, it's the acts of those I don't respect.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xzorter
a traditional ( the only true one) marriage

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The preacher in the video is exactly right and I applaud him. It's about time we hear from the "religous left" as opposed to only the "religous right".

If any marriage between two consenting adults is recognized by the state, then ALL marriages between two consenting adults must be recognized by the state.

This is not a religious issue as we are not a theocracy. If we WERE a theocracy, then you would have a point, but it's not, so you don't.

A marriage is a legal contract between two people, not a holy union, not something approved of by God, it's a legal contract, period. Marriages are performed at the courthouse. Even church weddings are registered at the courthouse. Getting married in a church doesn't mean anything until the marriage license is filed. It's not a religous based agreement, it is a legal based agreement recognized by our government, which is NOT a theocracy.

What part of this is so difficult for some to comprehend?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xzorter
I don't believe the states should legitimize their union by recognizing it with rights that a traditional ( the only true one) marriage

I'm perfectly comfortable in my opinion that the gender of two participants of any legal contract like this is completely irrelevant. Do they take your pants down right there when you're signing the documents to make sure you're the proper genders? It really doesn't make any sense.

So, basically, I disagree with you. And since the US is a free country that is meant to have equal rights for all citizens, and is not run by Leviticus' laws, it's not exactly something to even bother debating. If you don't like it, tough. Don't do it yourself, stay away from it if you feel that you must, complain about it if you want... ultimately it really doesn't matter at all, though, because it doesn't really affect you.

See how easy that was?
edit on 23-10-2012 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

top topics

join