It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting For Romney, Is voting for more endless wars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Romney Surrounds himself with former Bush advisors

Neocons who have clambered on board the Romney campaign include Bush administration officials Dan Senor, who served as spokesman for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq; John Bolton, a former ambassador to the United Nations, and Elliott Abrams, a former deputy national security adviser for global democracy.

The neocons in the Romney camp appear to be focused on blanket support for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and confrontation with Russia, China and, above all, Iran. Abrams, writing in the Weekly Standard, for example, declared that Congress should pass a resolution authorizing the use of military force against Iran. Senor said on CBS’ “This Morning” last month that America “looks impotent” because Obama has failed to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Romney believes Palestinians have "no interest in peace"....

Romney’s adoption of the neocons could be boomeranging. During the former Massachusetts governor’s maladroit trip abroad this summer, Senor declared in Israel, “If Israel has to take action on its own, in order to stop Iran from developing that capability, the governor would respect that decision.”

The Romney camp ultimately had to walk back this provocative statement. But Romney, who declared in his infamous behind-closed-doors video that the Palestinians have “no interest” in peace, presumably believes in it.

Source

Can America afford another endless war 2000 miles away?

Will the American people, be extorted to vote for Romney by the Elite CEO's?

As Mitt Romney gains more votes, the noose will get tighter and tighter...
edit on 10/20/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The elections represent the desires of the majority. If majority of people support the policies in the GOP platform that provide outlets for more militaristic foreign policy then so be it. That is democracy, some one has to be the minority.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You can't possibly believe that either candidate possess that kind of power.

Do you ?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

You're right...

But I will say one thing...

Will you be able to call it a Democracy, when Romney wins as a result of elite CEO's using extortion tactics to get their workers to vote for Mitt Romney?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Obama has started more wars than Bush Jr.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
yep, no vote for romney ...and palistinians do not want peace....wake up....during the arafat time....they refused a settlement.....not interested, they want you to forget that....I have 150 more details like that......

I hate` the evil leaders of Israel....till the new one comes in.....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Wrong!! America hasn't declared war since the 40's. Brushing up on your history wouldn't hurt. Please list the wars Obama has started.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

We have not seen true democracy in America for generations I am afraid to say. But at the end of the day, it still the individual putting that x next to name of the future president. They still make the chose when sealed in that voting booth

If people let themselves be victims of political manipulation, then it is the way she goes. Some are free thinkers and some need to be told what to think.
edit on 20-10-2012 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
US Begins Talks to Extend Troop Presence in Afghanistan Beyond 2014
Reports say Washington is vying for an agreement with Kabul that would keep tens of thousands of troops there until 2024
by John Glaser, October 16, 2012

news.antiwar.com...

This is happening right now under Obama. Did you catch that new date - 2024?

Biden straight faced lied in the debate about being out by 2014.

and here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like one person bothered to read it.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well that should make Romney happy since they were posturing about an extend stay.

Don't worry though, 2013 should be a craptastic year no matter what painted peacock sits on the throne. The economy is going in the crapper for real next year. It will force the U.S. out.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

You're right...

But I will say one thing...

Will you be able to call it a Democracy, when Romney wins as a result of elite CEO's using extortion tactics to get their workers to vote for Mitt Romney?

Unless you are paranoid nobody sees who you are voting for. How about a link to your source or is this just your opinion?

Florida AFL-CIO Says Their Mantra is Vote Early Vote Often
www.maggiesnotebook.com...

Isn't that special????????? - encouraging members to break the law.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Well that should make Romney happy since they were posturing about an extend stay.

Don't worry though, 2013 should be a craptastic year no matter what painted peacock sits on the throne. The economy is going in the crapper for real next year. It will force the U.S. out.

Antionia,

IMHO the economy is $16 trillion in the crapper and people are only going to acknowledge it's significance when the governments checks start to bounce.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

No, that is called the Debt. Only when people begin to lose their jobs will they see how bad things are going to get. It's going to get even worse and none of the painted peacocks can stop it. Vote for whoever you want. It doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Wrong!! America hasn't declared war since the 40's. Brushing up on your history wouldn't hurt. Please list the wars Obama has started.
semantics???
that's how you defend bush and obama? so going to another country and blowing up people of different skin tones is not considered a war in your limited view?

From previous posts I've read from you...I expected more. I'm a bit disappointed.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
A vote for either is a vote for more endless wars.It really does not matter who is installed in the white house.The beating of the war drums for Iran has been going since the last days of the Bush Administration.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i'am really getting tired of you democrats blaming every war on republican "warmongers" and "neocons".
last i checked, most democrats voted for all of the recent wars. including joe blowhard biden.
obama bombed the crap out of libya, while arming the rebels, and we have seen where that got us.

if you don't like war, then stop voting the learjet limousine flat earth no growth marxist liberals, into office.
as well as the establishment republicans.
until then blame yourselves.

seems conservatives have booted several est. republicans out of office over the last 4 years 1 by 1.

if you want to blame presidents go ahead.

ww1- wilson D.
ww2- roosevelt D.
korea- truman D. also responsible for hiroshima and nagasaki.
vietnam- johnson D.

US President Bill Clinton's administration knew Rwanda was being engulfed by genocide in April 1994 but buried the information to justify its inaction, according to classified documents made available for the first time. Senior officials privately used the word genocide within 16 days of the start of the killings, but chose not to do so publicly because the president had already decided not to intervene. Intelligence reports obtained using the US Freedom of Information Act show the cabinet and almost certainly the president had been told of a planned "final solution to eliminate all Tutsis" before the slaughter reached its peak.[100] Fear of a repeat of the events in Somalia shaped US policy in subsequent years, with many commentators identifying the graphic consequences of the Battle of Mogadishu as the key reason behind the US's failure to intervene in later conflicts such as the Rwandan Genocide of 1994. After the battle, the bodies of several US casualties of the conflict were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu by crowds of local civilians and members of Aidid's Somali National Alliance. According to the US's former deputy special envoy to Somalia, Walter Clarke: "The ghosts of Somalia continue to haunt US policy. Our lack of response in Rwanda was a fear of getting involved in something like a Somalia all over again."[101] President Clinton has referred to the failure of the U.S. government to intervene in the genocide as one of his main foreign policy failings, saying “I don’t think we could have ended the violence, but I think we could have cut it down. And I regret it.”[102]

The U.S. lobbied the U.N. for a total withdrawal of U.N. (UNAMIR) forces in Rwanda in April 1994; Secretary of State Warren Christopher did not authorize officials to use the term "genocide" until May 21, and even then, U.S. officials waited another three weeks before using the term in public; Bureaucratic infighting slowed the U.S. response to the genocide in general; The U.S. refused to jam extremist radio broadcasts inciting the killing, citing costs and concern with international law; U.S. officials knew exactly who was leading the genocide, and actually spoke with those leaders to urge an end to the violence but did not follow up with concrete action.[

800,000 slaughtered
such a great president bill was.

sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

A war by any other name is still a war.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I has a nickname for Romney it"s Muff Rotney!!!!
But we will have endless wars with either Muff or Baron Obama

top topics

join