It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers 'R' Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So, it's not enough here in Canada that we can no longer smoke at the local pub or within nine meters (about 30 ft for my empirical friends) of an entrance to any building, now the newest round of legislation is aimed at eliminating all smoking in open-air arenas and on all restaurant patios. For those of you who aren't familiar, the way it stands now is, as long as there is no covering or awning over the patio, it is up to the restauranteurs discretion. I haven't searched to see if anybody has covered this here on ATS but I'm assuming someone has.

Listen, just recently the province of Ontario felt compelled to pass legislation that makes it illegal to smoke in a vehicle if any child under the age of 14 is present. Now we start to hone in on the issue I'm beginning to have with all of this. Who are you half-wits? Well, speak up! Who are you cretins? With all that we now know about the harmful affects of cigarettes and the their smoke, who are you fools smoking in the car with your kids? It's people like you that ruin it for the rest of us. I have never needed someone and most certainly not the state, to tell me not to smoke in the car with my children present.

Now, I understand that there are many of you who grew up exposed to point-blank second hand smoke, and I'm not trying to say your mothers or fathers were idiots. It was a different time just 15 years ago and even more foreign if you go back 30 years. But c'mon people. Who hell are you ignoramuses that still take four steps from the entrance of a hospital or school and then light the fag up? And more than that, you stand there and smoke the whole thing. “Good morning, Timmy.” *puff* “Ready for Math class?” *puff*

Who's the idiot that is still smoking while pushing their kid on a swing in a crowed playground? Who, after being seated on a patio (or in any outdoor situation), still lights a smoke even though the exhaust is blowing straight at young ones or non-smokers? Haven't you chumps figured out what it means to be downwind?

What's with all the smoking regulations? Keep on being ignorant. Sure you have a right to smoke, being that it is still legal and all. You have a right to enjoy that cigarette...just as much right as a non-smoker has a right to enjoy whatever activity he is partaking in without having some irresponsible smoker fogging him out.

I'm a smoker and I take choosing when and where I smoke very seriously. The last thing I want to do is be one of these troglodytes who are ruining it for everyone. And if in a few years it's no longer legal to smoke anywhere in public, don't say I didn't warn you.

Daniel L.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow, they really are trying to hammer that final nail into the economic coffin. Restaruants were feeling the pinch before. now they've really had it.

As a fellow smoker I can relate to your anger and I think you're right, eventually it will be an all out ban in public places.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Then there are the toddlers who want to set a future date for full ban into law. Like...what's the difference between that, and just banning it? Sorry everyone, but the world's not ending in a couple of months, so, tomorrow will certainly come, looking like a train carrying nazis. Time delay legislation such as this should get pols set on fire and run off on rails. It is a trend the big G is using, quite effectively.

Tobacco has it's place. It does serve some biological processes. Maybe there's a reason it exists?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Who are they to tell us we cant poison our kids when they go aroujd poisoning all of us? When will they pull you over for having a pen inyour mouth?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
Then there are the toddlers who want to set a future date for full ban into law. Like...what's the difference between that, and just banning it? Sorry everyone, but the world's not ending in a couple of months, so, tomorrow will certainly come, looking like a train carrying nazis. Time delay legislation such as this should get pols set on fire and run off on rails. It is a trend the big G is using, quite effectively.

Tobacco has it's place. It does serve some biological processes. Maybe there's a reason it exists?

Tobacco and alcohol and other unmentionables, along with music, keep me from killing stupid people.

I dont even agree with dui laws. i drive better tipsy than most people do sober. Seriously though.....if you cant handle driving, there have always been other laws in place for that. Reckless driving........

I wouldnt need these crutches if tptb werent constantly #ing me over

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You smokers should get together and plan times when you're all out smoking. They can't arrest everyone. This is Agenda 21 stuff, all this control. People have to start resisting or there will be nothing left.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Unfortunately, that would be exactly the kind of exhibit that would be used to vilify us even further.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been smoking for 30 years. I will continue smoking until I decide to quit or die, which ever comes first, and I will be damned if I allow any sanctimonious bastards to tell me when I can and can not smoke in or on my own property.

As long as I am in my vehicle I am in my property and I will light up regardless of where I am. I am sure that those who are so against my smoking in public or around the little kiddies are all for the government mandated vaccines which are forced on the children if they are to be allowed to partake of public education or any form of government assistance.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So is it better that some people who smoke quit and start taking meds to treat what they are treating with the cigarettes? Nicotine is a viable treatment for adhd, schizophrenia, and other imbalances in the brain. Some, not all, people have these conditions and are self medicating for them. Smoking tobacco is not the best way to fix these problems but it does work.

I see alternative motives, one being some people think they need someone to put down so they can make themselves look better. This is an insecurity problem that is rampant in our new society, cut someone else down so you and others of your kind can blame everything on them. Can't people see that cigarette smoking is not what is causing all cancers. Can't people see how many people on antidepressants now. Can't people see that people are getting fatter since they quit smoking? Way less people are smoking and cancer rates have severely increased. I know a real lot of people that have been treated for cancer, when I was young the main killer was heart disease and of course, liver problems for heavy drinkers. They always only reference cancer deaths to hide the truth, they need to address all the people getting treated for cancer also. There were not many people treated or dying from cancer in the sixties. I see a big coverup going on.

Like I said, cigarettes are being used as a scape goat and also to make us more dependent on medicine because we quit. Smoking a pack or more a day is not good for anyone though, that is when the side effects start messing with peoples health.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hey,I understand exactly where the OP is coming from. I.too,hated all those rules getting more intrusive all the time,while they rake in money hand over fist from it.

I'm not one to go around preaching against smoking either,like some reformed smokers/drinkers.etc,,may do.

But in this one case,I will make an exception. That is with the added FSC ingredients. I wouldn't want to see anyone ingesting this stuff unaware.

Granted,the hypocrisy of them advocating how we smoke vs. all the things they allow is an outrage,but for your own personal sakes,think about quitting? That's all I'm saying.

Fire safe cigarettes create even more lung damage

...the "safety rings" are made of an ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion based adhesive (carpet glue), which causes severe irritation of mucous membranes and the upper respiratory tract. Symptoms of this damage include a severe burning sensation, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headaches, nausea and vomiting. In other words, the speed bumps aren't only useless, they are compounding problems for smokers.

www.naturalnews.com...

If you see an FSC by the barcode on your pack of cigarettes,this ingredient was added a while back. Thanks to ATS getting the news out,it was one of the final reasons it took to get me to quit smoking.

That was two years ago,and all I did was gain barely ten pounds,and I'm so much healthier.

I sure enjoyed smoking all those years. I won't say how many,but it was a LOT, but it's better knowing I'm not paying for letting them kill me off that much sooner.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Smoking doesnt cause most cancer.

A car driven a couple miles puts out as much emissions as a lifetime of smoking.

I had a friend die of lung cancer. Never smoked a single cigarette.

LA causes way more lung cancer

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Last time i quit smoking i was kinda bugged whenever someone was smoking i am currently trying to quit again i like the idea to have non smoking in public places smoke really can get up your nose if you don't smoke. Okay well im gonna try quit still.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatchetman78

People who don't smoke have different microbes living in their bronchial tubes and nasal passages than people who smoke. Upon smelling the smoke these microbes feel threatened and excrete chemicals that cause reactions like tightening of the airways or coughing to try to get the host away. They recently found out that there were microbes in peoples airways, it was not known till about a year or so ago.....seems like someone would have checked this out before but I guess mankind assumes things that aren't real a lot. I do not like smoking around non-smokers, I prefer smoking outside. Smoke never bothered me even before I smoked, my father smoked and I spent a lot of evenings sitting in bars or around smokers talking to people. Non-smokers have a right to complain up to a point. I guess there are microbes in everyone's sinuses also, some people have pneumonia which live symbiotically with them.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

yeah i agree with you i dont like smoking where are non smokers since i quit because i know how irritated i got by smoke when i didnt smoke well i still didnt quit it gotta do something more stimulating i have been going to the gym i think that might help me i need to loose weight but i could be trying too many things at once so i will continue going to gym you never know i might loose weight and stop smoking through the end of this.
thanks for the reply.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This tobacco Nazism had gotten to the point where I am going to start walking around with my pipe in my teeth everywhere I go just to tick people off. I don't care anymore.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A reporter asked Britain's eldest woman at 110 yrs old the secret to a long life?
"I gave up smoking at 104"
Says it all really.
Made me laugh.

top topics

join