It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence found of Al Qaeda role in Libya attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No evidence found of Al Qaeda role in Libya attack

www.timesleader.com

he assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi last month appears to have been an opportunistic attack rather than a long-planned operation, and intelligence agencies have found no evidence that it was ordered by Al Qaeda, according to U.S. officials and witnesses interviewed in Libya.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesleader.com
www.freerepublic.com

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wait their is one thing i am confused about

I thought Al Qaeda was defended so why would they have any role in the attack? But anyways this sounds like they are trying to build up an excuse to invade Libya and just out of curiosity why would TPTB want to invade them? i cant see a logical reason behind it

www.timesleader.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What is going on right now with BP and Libya?
Could that have anything to do with the strange politics?

29 May 2012 Last updated at 12:16 ET
BP to resume oil operations in Libya

BP has moved a step closer to resuming operations in Libya, as safety fears subside in the aftermath of the 2011 uprising against the Gaddafi regime.

BP signed an exploration and production agreement with Libya's National Oil Corporation in 2007, but suspended the contract in February 2011 because of the war.

The suspension, known as a Force Majeure, has now been lifted.

BP says it could spend $20bn (£12.8bn) in the country over the next 10 years.

Look at the dates... oil suspended Feb 2011
Gaddafi dead by October 2011! THESE GUYS DON'T PLAY AROUND!!!

Muammar Gaddafi, the deposed leader of Libya, died on 20 October 2011 during the Battle of Sirte. Gaddafi was found hiding in a culvert west of Sirte and captured by National Transitional Council forces. He was killed shortly afterwards. The NTC initially claimed he died from injuries sustained in a firefight when loyalist forces attempted to free him, although videos of his last moments show rebel fighters beating him to death.[2]

www.upstreamonline.com...

BP's Libya campaign may stall

Upstream Staff 28 September 2012 07:40 GMT
Plans by UK supermajor BP to start its eagerly awaited deep-water drilling campaign off Libya may be pushed back to the fourth quarter of 2013 as the new authorities struggle to put exploration efforts back on track following last year’s overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi.

Yeah I am sure they are really "struggling" hard.... F BP >.<

LOCKERBIE

BP,Lockerbie,Libya,Iran and Syria:A Web of Interests
Posted on October 5, 2012 by irmedeaca

Senators demand criminal probe of BP’s Lockerbie connection
US senators are demanding that BP face a criminal investigation into its role in freeing convicted Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi last year. New York Democrat Charles Schumer joined with victims’ relatives to call for a probe into BP’s “blood money” in the Lockerbie case. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also called on Scottish and British authorities to review the circumstances that led Scotland to release al-Megrahi in 2009.

I don't know if I believe in Psychic stuff yet, but the above story, the links between BP and Lockerbie...
that stuff, I couldn't stop thinking about it last year. We should demand transparency from these HORRIBLE corporations that are ARMTWISTING our political systems into doing things the people hate.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
P.S. The offshore drilling thing, I meant to explain.

Gaddafi said 'NO' to BP offshore drilling near Libya, he backed out on their dirty contract,
when Macondo well exploded. He realized BP was drilling in methane rich HAZARDOUS areas.
He didn't want an oil spill hitting his enemies to the east or he would have had a war too!
An his people would not have tolerated that either, they might have killed him over a disaster of that scale in a fishing area... you know the Med is famous for fishing and they don't want it messed up.

They (BP/HB/god knows who else) are intentionally outgassing these high methane wells for god knows what purpose.
Perhaps to suit the needs of the same people pushing the Carbon tax,
and those people need to go down! They are liars, the worst kinds of snake,

Gates invested like 15,000,000 in BP right before the well blew up iirc, within months, but i don't know whether to feel sorry for him or scratch my head. @.@ He also invested in WMI which was barring people from the beaches at gunpoint allegedly and dumping Corexit laced waste (agent orange, right?) into the dumps of small towns without the people's knowledge of the toxicity levels.

This thing, this snowball, turned into a crap ball and Gaddafi died to save his country in the end.
WHen he said no to BP. He died for Libya in my opinion.

and i fought for my country too -- except i believed a lie.
edit on 21-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

af.reuters.com...

UPDATE 1-Ensco contracts ultra-deepwater drillship to BP
Mon Apr 2, 2012 1:52pm GMT Print | Single Page [-] Text [+]
April 2 (Reuters) - Ensco Plc, owner of the world's second-largest offshore drilling fleet, said it has contracted an ultra-deepwater drillship to BP for five years, adding more than $1 billion to Ensco's revenue backlog.

The new ENSCO DS-6, delivered from Samsung Heavy Industries' shipyard in South Korea, has been contracted for about $522,000 per day.

Oil companies such as BP have been eyeing deepwater drilling to boost their oil output in recent years as their access to on-shore fields has been limited.

The drillship is expected to commence the contract in late fourth quarter this year, Ensco said. The contract also includes two one-year options at mutually agreed rates, it added.

BP resumed offshore exploration in Libya only AFTER Gaddafi was out of the picture!

explorationanddevelopment.energy-business-review.com...

Return to: EBR Home | Oil & Gas | Exploration & Development

Exploration & Development News
BP to resume Libyan exploration program
EBR Staff Writer
Published 31 May 2012
BP announced it will resume oil and gas exploration in Libya and has lifted force majeure with respect to its exploration and production sharing agreement (EPSA) with the state-run National Oil Corporation (NOC) effective 15 May 2012.

BP declared force majeure since 21 February 2011 because of civil war that ousted Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.

BP's EPSA contract includes commitments to drill five wells offshore and 12 wells onshore.

BP Exploration executive vice president Michael Daly said the lifting of force majeure is a significant milestone in the company's plans to return to the exploration of onshore and offshore blocks in our existing EPSA contract.

"We look forward to working with the NOC and our partners in the Libyan Investment Authority to safely implement our drilling programme," he added.

NOC chairman Nuri Berruien said, "The NOC will work with BP to deliver the objectives of the EPSA and extends all help and support to BP in order to implement the agreed work program as per existing EPSA terms."

In December 2007, BP had inked a $900m exploration deal in Libya.

Since then, the company has acquired over 31,000 km2 of 3D seismic data over blocks offshore in the Sirt basin and onshore in the Ghadames basin.

The exploration program was interrupted in 2011 before the commencement of drilling operations.

edit on 21-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: details

Other former MI6 officers hired by BP include Sir Mark Allen, a special adviser since 2004 on their Middle East interests. After joining BP, he flew to Libya with the company’s then chief Lord Browne to negotiate with Gaddafi.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Really? Is the White House going to come out and say that this means nothing? I wouldn't put it past them. They are trying desperately to cover any facts that might point back to Obama's policies on drone attacks.

Late Monday, on the eve of the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, U.S. intelligence learned of a new 42-minute video in which al-Qaida leader Ayman Al-Zawahiri implored Libyans to rise up against Americans and avenge the death in June of Zawahiri’s top deputy, Abu-Yahya al-Libi, in a drone attack.

In the video, Zawahiri asked Libyans, "What is your role in avenging the death" of al-Libi, answering, "fight and kill the crusaders".

In his video, the al-Qaida leader summoned the “honorable, free-born people of Libya” to declare “what is your role in avenging the death of your son who revived the approach of your cleric, whose blood shouts to you, calls on you and incites you to fight and kill the crusaders." "Do not let him down,” Zawahiri implored on the tape.

www.washingtonguardian.com...

top topics

join