It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is stoning and discriminating against gays doing unto others?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Who do u drive for wolf?

I used to drive for Schneider. Health issues forced me to quit. They kept me in New England constantly when they promised me i'd only be driving regional around my state, which turned out to be a fat lie. I hate N.Y.C., but i did get to see that giant idol to Libertas sitting off the coast of N.J.

I'm with Schneider, but dedicated for Walmart. 5 on 2 off.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Jesus said do unto others as they would do unto you.

So with that in mind, if you were gay would you like to be stoned by a mob of angry Christians. Hardly, the idea of do unto others was to make people reflect on their actions.

Your question though is more about Christian judgement not law. Christians are people who make just as many mistakes and can commit as many sins as non Christians. People are sinners with inherent flaws who constantly fail.
Jesus taught as an instruction of how to live, He cant make people live perfectly.
Its sad Christians and secular society think Christians are perfect or ever will be.

Now why are you attacking Christians who dont like homosexuals and ignoring those of secular society.

If I was a non Christian who hated and persecuted homosexuals you would say nothing. How quaint.

What are you talking about "mob of angry Christians"?? We don't stone gays, we don't stone anyone for anything.

Are you pretending all Christians are perfect, you never seen Christians over react to homosexuals.

I certainly didnt suggest Christians stone anyone either. Read the words.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The thread topic is Is stoning and discriminating against gays doing unto others?

It is not about who can park a semi better than others or who our current employers are.

If you wish to discuss dental floss and trucks take it over to automotive discussion or BTS.

Any more off-topic posts will earn the member/s a warning.

Kandinsky
(ATS mod)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Boy, that was hard to watch, and read.

Um so yea This stood out to me:

being discriminated against by a shrinking minority

Look how far people have come in a short time. There is hope!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I would think that for me to have pretended all Christians are perfect I would of had to say something like, " all Christians are perfect".

Straw man.

edit on 21-10-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

He did??
Like, pay-backs??

You got it wrong. He did not say do unto others as THEY WOULD DO. He said "AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO" -- that means, treat others the way you WANT TO BE TREATED.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The fact that homosexuality is even an issue is due to religious scribbles.

Another example of the divisive qualities inherent to the abrahamic cults.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

He did??
Like, pay-backs??

You got it wrong. He did not say do unto others as THEY WOULD DO. He said "AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO" -- that means, treat others the way you WANT TO BE TREATED.

Correct, this is true.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't personally agree with the lifestyle, but I don't believe in persecution and bashing either. It's not our place to judge. Our only mission is to love. God doesn't hate ANYONE. No matter what "Christian" says otherwise.

Also, if you're looking at middle eastern penalties for so-called "crimes", you WILL find absurdity. Whether it be homosexuality or theft.

Be well, my friend.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So with that in mind, if you were gay would you like to be stoned by a mob of angry Christians. Hardly, the idea of do unto others was to make people reflect on their actions.

Your question though is more about Christian judgement not law. Christians are people who make just as many mistakes and can commit as many sins as non Christians. People are sinners with inherent flaws who constantly fail.
Jesus taught as an instruction of how to live, He cant make people live perfectly.
Its sad Christians and secular society think Christians are perfect or ever will be.

Now why are you attacking Christians who dont like homosexuals and ignoring those of secular society.

If I was a non Christian who hated and persecuted homosexuals you would say nothing. How quaint.

There are those who call themselves of the Christian faith. Then there is the true Christians where some say they belong to the Christian faith. Those two groups are not the same. What group I should belong to is still a question I have to figure out. I am definetly not off the Christian faith as it is told by priests but I do not think I am a true Christian either since there is to much duality ego in me from my point of view.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
edit on 21-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

There were laws against homosexual behavior in Rome before the Christians showed up.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Prezbo369

There were laws against homosexual behavior in Rome before the Christians showed up.

You're gonna have to source that JM, the concubinus demand it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

The fact that murder rape child abuse lying and stealing is even an issue is due to religious scribbles.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

The fact that murder rape child abuse lying and stealing is even an issue is due to religious scribbles.

Yep all those civilisations that pooped up long before your religion was made up were completely indifferent to those things

But, could you remind me what your religion says specifically about rape and child abuse? other than them being just dandy.......

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Showing hatred against gays is NOT doing unto others as they would have them do unto themselves. Most people do not want to be criticized just for being who they are and yet they continue to keep criticizing others for living their lives...

Most Gay people are not trying to take straight marriage away, or trying to stop straights from talking about their sexuality. They just want to have the freedom to live their lives and be able to express their sexuality as straight people are able to...

and before someone says "What about Gay Pride Parades?"

Well there is a reason it exists. It is a reaction from straight people being able to express their love in public by kissing and holding hands while gays were (and still are) suppressed in that way..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I think Islam stones gays, never heard of it in the United States, I have heard of it in Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

Stones are not always hard rock.

Your words and those of your ilk do just as much damage.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities” – Voltaire

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I mentioned others in the O P but have it your way.

You indicate that gays are just making mistakes.
Is that your view?
Are you homophobic?

Regards
DL
edit on 27-10-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

Boy, that was hard to watch, and read.

Um so yea This stood out to me:

being discriminated against by a shrinking minority

Look how far people have come in a short time. There is hope!

Yes. Things are better than they were but the political right is making noise of the repeal of laws allowing gays in the military. There is still much to do for those of higher integrity and intelligence. Doing nothing allows evil to grow.

Regards
DL

<< 1    3 >>

join