It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Psychedelic Shows of Your Youth Affect Your Mind Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The stuff you guys are posting is insane! I thought Fraggle Rock and The Snorks was odd..

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i watched cartoons like,
space ghost, the bugs bunny road runner show,
johnny quest, scooby doo,
shazam, flintstones,
land of the lost, groovie goolies,
thundarr the barbarian, hong kong phooey,
fantastic four, dr.shinker,
spiderman, captain caveman,
super friends, ark II,
justice leauge, fat albret,
tarzan lord of the jungle, the bulwinkle show, can't forget, moose and squirrel or the way back machine.

there are so many more, we lived out in the woods, and our closest neighbor was about 2 miles away. on saturday mornings me and my two brothers, would watch cartoons and then act them out until everybody started coming down to the cross roads where we all met.

man what i wouldn't give to live in those days again.
edit on 20-10-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

LOL....that made me dizzy...great old Stones tune.......Oh God...now the Sesame Street song is in my head...long live Big Bird !

www.youtube.com...

I kid you not about 6 months ago at work a co-worker asked me "Is that the sesame street theme your are whistling?" I swear to you I had zero recollection of what I was whistling until they snapped me out of it. I couldn't even whistle it on purpose after they said that to me. This was before the recent Big Bird fiasco fyi

Going back and watching some of these old shows and cartoons I watched brings back a nostalgic feeling I can't seem to pin down.
edit on 20-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i'm a 90's kid, i'm pretty much scarred for life.
don't know what was worse, cartoons or having dinner watching starving african kids on the news.

perspective...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i watched cartoons like,
space ghost the bugs bunny road runner show
johnny quest scooby doo
shazam flintstones
land of the lost groovie goolies
thundarr the barbarian hong kong phooey
fantastic four dr.shinker
spiderman captain caveman
super friends ark II
justice leauge fat albret
tarzan lord of the jungle the bulwinkle show, can't forget, moose and squirrel or the way back machine.

there are so many more, we lived out in the woods, and our closest neighbor was about 2 miles away. on saturday mornings me and my two brothers, would wacth cartoons and then act them out until everybody started coming down to the cross roads where we all met.

man what i wouldn't give to live in those days again.

Thank you! You helped me peg down a few of my own that had eluded me. Go back and watch them lol I tell you it is quite a wonderful feeling actually. Ok, so far it has been wonderful, if I were to come across some of these other gems people have posted I do not know if I would be describing the feeling as wonderful. That witch made me feel very strange. So serious!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i thought that everybody would get a kick out of this.
won't post vid here has some bad language.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman Travel WayBack to 1953 - A History of Iraq

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i thought that everybody would get a kick out of this.
won't post vid here has some bad language.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman Travel WayBack to 1953 - A History of Iraq

LOL

"Democracy has come to Iraq"

"That is the biggest load of dog fecal matter I have heard in my life... And I am a dog"

Awesome.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

This is a really fun thread, and sure has given me some great laughs and memories.......I believe you said you were in your 30's...I am in my 40's and have raised a child that is now 21....soo have seen the evolution of cartoons and children's "programing" and pay special attention to that word

As an adult I think certain cartoons like south park and family guy are very funny in thier own twisted way...but in my opinion should never be aired to children....lol....it's actually a really facinating subject if you just look into the "subliminal" messages in cartoons......if you follow the link below it will lead you to tons of examples....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I do not have any children, so I missed watching it evolve over time. I have seen certain things about subliminal messaging in Disney cartoons for instance that really surprised me. If you have ever read any Carl Jung ( him and Freud were boys back in the day, until Freud went phallic crazy
) his theories about the collective subconscious would play in nicely here. I wish Jung got the mainstream attention Freud did.

If you knew 100% how the process worked, you could control/create whatever collective you wished.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Whats wrong with you people?

I'm 32 and I didnt watch anything that has been posted!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

LOL am 32 as well. Did you never watch fraggle rock, the smurfs, anything like that? The Snorks ring a bell?

I have memories from when I was under one year of age (confirmed by parents lol) so some of these things are bringing back a lot of memories for me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I am not familar with Carl Jung...but will look him up......interesting you mention Freud...his nephew changed the course of history....Edward Bernays....was an "evil" genius at how to manipulate people....this link is worth checking out if you have time....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The Following is Ancient History. (Early 1950s)

Crusader Rabbit & Raggs The Tiger
Gerald McBoing-Boing
Foodini & Pin-head
Rootie Kazootie (with Polka-Dottie, Witch Hazel & Officer Deedle-Doodle)
Captain Video (and His Video Rangers)
Mighty Mouse

And...

Winky Dink. The first Interactive TV show via Touch Screen. You stuck a clear plastic sheet over the screen and used crayons to draw things to help Winky Dink. Things like a bridge to cross a chasm. One erased whatever was used and done with and drew what was needed next.

Once when visiting my Grand-Mother I forgot to take my Winky Dink supplies with me and I could not help him. He made it across the chasm anyway. I shall never be the same.

edit on 10/21/2012 by DENBY because: spell correct

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

A-Team
Smurfs
Alf
Transformers
He-Man: Masters of the Universe

I remember a lot from the 80s.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A lot of psychoanalysts have attended to the question of how much young minds are formed through story telling early on, and as the above poster mentioned Bernays influenced the widespread purposeful use of that influence.

I have always found it an interesting correlation that as a child, my two favorite fairy tales were Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid. I had many book versions, I spent lots of time drawing the characters.
The, later, those books forgotten, my life followed a pattern similar to those tales.

I have said it often that my abduction type experiences could not have been stirred by current alien mythology because at the time I had no interest in that, and had not been aware of it.

But then I remember the Sleezstaks.. I DID watch those! And then "ET", and "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", the theme of extraterrestrials coming to earth (and even being part of our past) was actually booming when I was a kid.
I was probably seeded early on with such images and patterns.

So then I look at the repeated image the movies and shows pf that time showed of us, faced with these beings- the humans are always sort of dazed and confused, powerless, and often manipulated.

Then I look at the shows and movies the next generation after me watched (I had a half brother 15 years younger than I). They were watching shows like Power Rangers, playing with Transformers- they were almost always powerful heroes faced with adversity. No wonder that show "Heroes" got so big as they became young adults. (I know my brother believes he has superhuman powers).

In the bigger picture, the culture, I think, is a bigger influence on what happens to a peoples than we tend to assume. We can say-" this event is due to a decision that was made by the president at that time", but I suspect that the truth is, the event was lead up to by a vaste collection of actions and attitudes of all the people, propelled by the patterns set into them early in life.

My X Generation had it programmed into them that we are often swept up and propelled against our will into the unknown and challenge, with no protection, so we have to be tough and be survivors....We're used to not getting our fair share, and getting along regardless. Disney came out with Cinderella when we were little.
Is it just a coincidence that at the height of our adult age, we shall experience a big clusterf*ck of conflict and collapse of the global economic system? I don't think so. I think we brought ourselves exactly what we are programmed to.

Hopefully those Power Ranger generation are going to figure out their super powers and bring us out of that one day! 1001 Dalmatians was what Disney brought them, and those puppies had parents that were still alive, and they didn't get out of their troubles by being passive and submissive to the villains, they got together and planned schemes and acted.

And the next generation, that is darned creative, growing up used to creating their own films, videos, music, and putting it up for the world to see, will be good for drawing up the new society.
They watched Pocahontas, and Avatar, and so I am betting the new society will be a lot more respectful of nature than our earlier one......

edit on 21-10-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Oh wow, that was a great, insightful post......your references were friggin brilliant......

Go Speedracer...Go Speedracer....Go......

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Thank you, I will definitely check out that link. If you are into a more "spiritual" version of psychology as opposed to todays label it then medicate it model you should find his work interesting. If you are familiar with the term Synchronicity, that is a "Jungian term. He actually had some success healing certain mental disorders such as schizophrenia by working WITH the patients hallucinations in a holistic way instead of medicating them. Quite interesting if that type of thing sparks your interest.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Thank you for such a thoughtful and thorough reply! Here are a few snippets from the source article that fall along with this line of reasoning.

Had all of the kids who’d watched this film been similarly affected by it? Were they subconsciously changed from the experience, to the point where it could help shape their minds and nudge them on their life path? In other words, were the kids who were meant to grow up to do some specific task seeded with the subliminal wisdom of the movie in order to eventually sprout some future action in their lives? It’s almost as though certain movies and shows we see as kids are coded with some kind of time-released message that call us back to them when it is time for that message to be realized.

Now some of these ideas sound outlandish, so take them with a grain of salt. Still an interesting read!

If we all do live in a computer simulation—or something similar—as I’ve come to believe, what better way to manipulate populations and individuals than with the combination of movies and shows that they bombard our brains with? Our unique combination of media experiences could easily be used to influence our thoughts and actions. The stories alone could have an effect. In addition, these movies could have codes that connect with our brains, which can begin or complete a download we are meant to receive at a certain time.

Just as our digital world is coded, our reality can be broken down to mathematics as well. So it’s likely very possible for us to receive uploads and downloads and upgrades from various sources directly to our minds. And it just makes sense to me that things we scan with our eyes or experience with our senses would be among them. In fact, much like a video game, you may not meet a certain character, get a certain task, or receive a certain clue until you’ve seen, heard, or done something that is coded to unlock this programming. Perhaps that’s why our life at times seems to go in circles—same jobs, same kind of dates, some old issues—because we haven’t done the task required to send in the new program. For the record, I did not originate the belief of brain or visual scan uploads. It’s been the stuff of sci-fi for decades and a major concept of kabbalah for centuries. According to kabbalah, the combination of Hebrew letters acts like a code, that when scanned with our eyes release certain energies

SOURCE

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Well, I am not a bona-fide conspiracy theorist, so I don't buy the possibility that we are all being purposely programmed by any one entity or group.

I see culture, and the way it conditions and forms the early forming minds of it's members, as something rather organic in nature. It grows, it reproduces, memes do not need any specific self consciousness to propel them into a direction of survival and reproduction... just general consciousness that tends to be attracted to patterns.

I do, however, believe in the collective consciousness and sub-consciousness, that is extremely powerful, and that is the biggest challenge to the notion of "free will".

edit on 21-10-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join