It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite ATS Member(s) And Why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In a lot of threads lately, there seems to be a lot of anger and bickering here between members and their differences in opinion on many different subjects. It got me thinking about how these things could be resolved on some levels. It also got me thinking about a few of my favorite members and why I like them in the different ways they contribute to ATS, whether it be through solid research on thread topics, their different - but poignant alternative views and insight into subjects discussed here, or even their wit and sense of humor (which at times is needed and appreciated) in relating to certain subject matter. We all here contribute in our own way here in educating and contributing to a greater knowledge of this insane world we live in.

So who is your favorite member and how have they affected your view of the world through their insight, knowledge or opinions? Maybe some have challenged you to look and reflect upon your own views in a different manner and have helped in understanding and seeing things in a new and alternative way. If so, who, and how have they aided in helping you to deny ignorance?

This thread is not for the intent of infighting or debasing other members. We are are all pieces of a puzzle here and all of us contribute as a whole collective entity of intelligent people. Instead of us arguing, lets focus on who helps us see, think or understand things in ways that help us all deny ignorance and see and understand things in a better light.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: spelling

edit on 20-10-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have a few favorite members..

1st. All of whome agree with me
. (Just kidding.)

Wrabbit2000 is probably my current favorite. Along with the rest of the mod team, they are a stellar bunch.

Otherwise I love others that show me the error of my ways. Neo does that often, so does Slayer, but everybody loves him so he's got enough praise

Phage for anything science in the sky.

Intrepid for just solid logic.

Last but certainly not least:

12m8keall2c

No words for the respect I have for this man.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Fort Anthem...

Most level-headed member here IMO; and his sense of humor knows no bounds.

Like a few others here, I'm proud to consider him a friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have many "favorites". I love the folks on our Avatar thread, every last one of them! There are way too many to list.
I actually started to list them but was afraid I would accidently leave someone out and would hurt feelings that I would never intend to hurt, so I'll just say my Avatar thread buddies. Of course Neno (the Regent I am Vice to), Beezze, and I absolutely love Smylee and Annee... there are just so many!! If I didn't mention someone, don't think I don't love ya!

If we think about our favorite Mods, my favorites are Tenth, DTOM, Heff, Kinglizard...there are a lot of great ones but those are the ones in my mind at the moment. They interact with people and try to really build the community.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i have 271,342 favorite members

sorry i cant list all their nick .. would take me days

edit on 10/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

My favorite member is Slayer69,my favorite mod is AshleyD,
my favorite to pick on and torment is a tie between Chiten and
Beezzer and my favorite atheist was moocowman.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

My favorite member is Slayer69,my favorite mod is AshleyD,
my favorite to pick on and torment is a tie between Chiten and
Beezzer and my favorite atheist was moocowman.

I love it when you pick on me!!!

Love ya Mamabeth!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

and I absolutely love Smylee and Annee... there are just so many!! If I didn't mention someone, don't think I don't love ya!

Someone mentioned me!!! Purple Chiten, you just made my decade!!!

As for myself, there are so many awesome members here...how to pick just one?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There are too many good members to choose just a few. Everyone has their special knowledge and personality. In real life I have many friends and do not choose any as favorites. A friend is a friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
There are too many good members to choose just a few. Everyone has their special knowledge and personality. In real life I have many friends and do not choose any as favorites. A friend is a friend.

Very wise words.

Guess what. You just made my friends list.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Davespanners of course. Only because he is hot though. I like those hot and crazy as hell ones... are we talking about something else? Like substance of posts and stuff??

More than I can list as far as substance. Recently it was Pinke with an outstanding and insightful post. I find a new favorite every day! In one day last week my favorites were the unlikely duo of Beezer and Hefficide. This may be a sign of schizophrenia. Like Beezer on one shoulder and Hefficide on the other. Obama thread? WWBD. Romney thread WWHD?? **hehe**

My favorite is definitely NOT Masqua anymore. The Canadian shamed this American into watching the 2nd debate.
-200 points for YOU!

Poloblack is one of those sleeper posters.. busts out with some good stuff out of the blue.

OL... have to include OL. Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but he knows stuff I know that no one else knows and probably doesnt want or care to know.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Explanation : St*rred!

Personal Disclosure: I am deeply humbled!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My ears were burning.

My friends, you humble me. I can only hope that I can live up to standards that you all set.

My favorite members know who they are.

(I promised myself I wouldn't get all weepy. . . . . )

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
My ears were burning.

My friends, you humble me. I can only hope that I can live up to standards that you all set.

DO NOT wipe your nose on my shoulder when youre up there... I mean it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i like people who can get their point across without writing an essay.
its great that some people will show off because they learn't what a paragraph is.
but i probably won't read it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by beezzer
My ears were burning.

DO NOT wipe your nose on my shoulder when youre up there... I mean it.

Bunny snot is lucky.

Now shush and just hold me!

*sniff*

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My favorite mods are GENERALEYES, Hefficide and Greeneyedleo. Heff has a very interesting mind and thinks in a unique and inspiring way. GEL has a very interesting way at seeing things and a very good wit and sense of humor. GENERALEYES is very intelligent and has made me think at times in new ways and is my favorite Mod here.

Leolady is an awesome thread author and gives a fresh and different view of the world around us and sees the good in life and does not focus on the negative.

Sugarcookie1 writes very interesting and unique threads and has made me think in some of the material she has
authored. An optimist, and truly gives an interesting perspective to many threads here.

WhisperingWinds has some very interesting viewpoints and is a great friend. Heart the size of Texas.

Phage is one of my absolute favorites. Very smart and well schooled on all things cosmic. He backs up his posts with facts and has the humility to admit when wrong or possibly wrong (although rare).

OmegaLogos is one of a kind. Very smart and has marveled me in how he thinks. Very good hearted as well. No one else like him here in my opinion. His posts are different and stand apart from many that I have read.

And I couldn't forget Zazzafrazz... Funny smart and a very well read person who also authors threads that stand apart in my mind. And if you ever stop by chat and shes in, she will make you laugh.

I find new favorites every day though. I'm sure there will be many more to post. Many great minds here.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

My very favorite has to be Des. She was there for me and the darned meteorite thing. It was my first post and just a little more than scared of all of you. She and her furry beer barrels made me feel at home. Just read about someone who lost his home and she helped so much. Love you Des!!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Level headed?

I stopped sporting the flat-top haircut back in the mid-90's.

Anyway, all my favorite members tend to get themselves banned.

What makes them such good posters also makes them lightning rods. Their passion is what made them so good and, in the end it is what caused their downfall.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Favorite ATS Members...hmm...

Wrabbit, Slayer and Sonny - for their intelligence
Beezer and Des - for their wittiness
Fav Mods - Greeneyedleo, Heff, ToTheTenthPower
Hellas, Darkbake - for their friendship
Smylee and usmc - for short stories

These are the first that came to mind, but I literally have so many more favorites that when I see their avatar or name I have to stop and read.. You get to where you recognize the members and respect them for their attributes and what they bring to the table. My list could go on and on and reasons for all of them.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join