It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They gave us stars and flags, but where is the muzzle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I'd be cool with just a thumbs down, as some folks post crap in hopes snagging in a certain audience, they know what they do, it's reverse trolling for their view, but it's whatever can't let it get to you too much, so yeah just a thumbs down, would be cool, maybe next to star count, I wouldn't want it to have an affect anything, I wouldn't want to silence anyone, or take away from their uhh stars but something separate to show your disgust would be fine, I mean you could always reply but then you run the risk of becoming the troll

Patronizing replies get old.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I know what you meant and I will take your advice and ignore you.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

LOL and you again prove my point.

A troll is not someone who simply disagrees with you.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

I'd be cool with just a thumbs down, as some folks post crap in hopes snagging in a certain audience, they know what they do, it's reverse trolling for their view, but it's whatever can't let it get to you too much, so yeah just a thumbs down, would be cool, maybe next to star count, I wouldn't want it to have an affect anything, I wouldn't want to silence anyone, or take away from their uhh stars but something separate to show your disgust would be fine, I mean you could always reply but then you run the risk of becoming the troll

Patronizing replies get old.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

Of course its not just the posts that try to attract a certain audience...
In my humble opinion, creating a thread on this MO is just as bad...often you can find yourself being 'guru-ed' to...instead of answering questions, you can be condescendingly answered...which then makes it all the more apparent what the OP was up to...

A99

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
People that disagree with me are not the issue. It is the manner in which they decide to articulate their opinion. I am not debating this, rude is rude, obnoxious is obnoxious, I go out of my way to be polite and thank everyone for their replies when they show respect for my opinion, I show respect for theirs, otherwise, your right to not take it personal, they do it to everyone not just me. So, again, thanks for your responses. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
People that disagree with me are not the issue. It is the manner in which they decide to articulate their opinion. I am not debating this, rude is rude, obnoxious is obnoxious, I go out of my way to be polite and thank everyone for their replies when they show respect for my opinion, I show respect for theirs, otherwise, your right to not take it personal, they do it to everyone not just me. So, again, thanks for your responses. Take care.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

I beg to differ on your 'issue'...
So...if you do not like the way someone 'articulates', you can label them rude or obnoxious?...if for nothing else, this is a red flag and deserves a 'muzzle'...

The fact that you can misunderstand what is being said, and/or label it as falling into the disrespectful category is telling...
It is always your right to not take anything personally...

Take care
Sincerely

A99

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well I have decided to let the MOD's handle it period. Case closed. But thanks for the responses. I got it off my chest, I feel much better. Not a single star lets me know it was not in the least appreciated, so I learned a valuable lesson just the same.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You're Welcome

top topics

<< 1   >>

join