It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Trilogy is about the union movement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Matrix Trilogy is about the union movement. The sooner you wake up the better for all

Matrix One

Neo is the unawake saviour, The One. His part in this analogy is the part we all play. Like him we have always thought something is not right.

The world that has been built around him like us has been built by the machines to hide the truth and that truth is we have been turned into nothing more than a unit to provide all the needs of those very machines.

The red and blue pills represent the choice to either open your eyes to the lies or to choose to remain ignorant. The choice every activist must make and even though the unions (Zion) can show us the door it is each person that needs to open it.

The agent program: Clearly a union view. If we have not freed their minds then they are part of the machine and can be used against us.

No one makes the first jump. Every activist I know including myself fails the first time. It is only when you truly believe that you succeed.

The machine made the rules and its agents no matter how powerful, how strong have to abide by those rules. The one (Activist) is not bound by those rules because he does not need to make profit, feed the stockholders, can see past the lies and see the Matrix for what it is. A lie.

‘I won’t lie to you Neo everyone that has stood and fought an agent has died but when you are ready you will win’

Time to take a break and give others a chance to add their views. But you know what I am going to ask. Are you the one?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thought it was about a mix of computer programming and eastern philosophies.

Never quite considered the Union Movement, but uh okay...

Guess you can see it any which way you like

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

so whats the goal? a global union? no teams or contrast but one way, one society, one system? wouldnt that be another matrix?

do unions have ties to the government in any way?
edit on 20-10-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Matrix three when talking to the councillor about machines. Neo says we can turn them off and the councillor replies we can but in doing so we seal our own doom.

The goal is peace. A peace where both we and the machines can live and that peace to last as long as it can.

And that is achieved by giving us choice not keeping us asleep and enslaved.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Matrix three when talking to the councillor about machines. Neo says we can turn them off and the councillor replies we can but in doing so we seal our own doom.

The goal is peace. A peace where both we and the machines can live and that peace to last as long as it can.

And that is achieved by giving us choice not keeping us asleep and enslaved.

true!

in your statement "the machines" equals the systems/matrices humans create to control themselves?

I think the matrix is a great great film and im sure you know there are probably many interpretations,,. but im just trying to further understand yours....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yes, bravo
and thats wher i say that this is where we went wrong the last time when we created technology and end up relying on it to such an extent we will fail without it? The only species that requires technology to live. Maybe an overstatement but, is it really?
I wrote a blog here on ATS regarding my findings while using google earth on the island of Saint Helena which i believe is the location of an impact site that may have wiped out an ancient civilization and also gives me reason to believe that is why the country to the north of saint helena is a location of good quantities of Gold. There are also images that i believe are statue heads one of which is buried in the hillside and the other has the USB symbol on its forehead which is also same as neptunes trident.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

in your statement "the machines" equals the systems/matrices humans create to control themselves?

I think the matrix is a great great film and im sure you know there are probably many interpretations,,. but im just trying to further understand yours....
The Matrix is a great film and of course you can make it fit many explanations but I really think as a base to begin discussion on control and false reality it has much to offer.

In the Matrix we made the machines and tech to improve life. In the Matrix as with us we now make machines/systems to provide wealth for a few (the machines) by replacing people, the very people it is supposed to serve.

Somehow we have let the machines make us the servants every bit as much as in the Matrix movie.

edit on 20-10-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Yes, bravo
and thats wher i say that this is where we went wrong the last time when we created technology and end up relying on it to such an extent we will fail without it? The only species that requires technology to live. Maybe an overstatement but, is it really?
I wrote a blog here on ATS regarding my findings while using google earth on the island of Saint Helena which i believe is the location of an impact site that may have wiped out an ancient civilization and also gives me reason to believe that is why the country to the north of saint helena is a location of good quantities of Gold. There are also images that i believe are statue heads one of which is buried in the hillside and the other has the USB symbol on its forehead which is also same as neptunes trident.

cool very cool..,,.,.,. but technology,,, computing,,, mechanics...are all an intrinsic part of nature,,, and a part of ourselves.,..,., and technology from the wheel,, to the spear,, to the harnessing of fire,, has relieved us of the burden of great sufering in the name of wilderness survival... look around your home,,, look around your town,, look at your car,,, look at the internet,,, look at your grocery store,.,.,. all these convienices and things that make life great and nice,,,, are due to our relationship with knowledge and creation...

so should we sit in the mud for an eternity? or experiment with comprehending every aspect o reality and controlling it,, so we dont have to sit in the mud for an eternity?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Matrix movies were analogs of basic human truths and themes, presented in a new and novel way. The first three Star Wars movies also followed this same sort of formula. Taking core thematic elements from religion, and historical drama, and slapping new clothes on those ideas.

Strip away the modern connotations ( computers, guns, "bullet time", etc ) and look at the basic plot outline and it is easy to see the basics. Especially the combining of the core elements of Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism - into a generic story line.

The fact that these very familiar, underlying themes are present, is why it's so tempting for us to overlay this template upon current issues and why doing so is so comfortable for us. These are retellings of the same stories we all grew up with. Just with a bit more flair and modernity.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The Matrix is a great film and of course you can make it fit many explanations but I really think as a base to begin discussion on control and false reality it has much to offer.

In the Matrix we made the machines and tech to improve life. In the Matrix as with us we now make machines to provide wealth for a few (the machines) by replacing people, the very people it is supposed to serve.

Somehow we have let the machines make us the servants every bit as much as in the Matrix movie.

true,,,, but also you know how hte system can be refered to as "the machine".... pink floyd has used the term before...... and if you think about an animal as a biological machine,,, or a system,,.,. you can think of civilization as a system or body,,, with parts that do their functions to make the whole.,,.,.,. i think that has a bit of relvance to what your saying,,, indeed in terms of literal technology,,, but also systematic paradigm.,,.,. like neos office world,, in the matrix,,,, it is a product of everyones base conscious thoughts, the archetct even says they tried to make it perfect ,, hinting at his attempt to make a utopia,,,, but the human spirit would go crazy or something,... my post above this has to do with my thoughts on technology in general...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Eactly. But in my view we, the majority that could be seen very much in the same role as the human crops the machines harvest have lost control.

A club allowed us to kill prey and every one benifitted. A spear did it more efficiently and everyone benifited. An analogy to how it is today is when the spear replaced the cub we needed less hunters so let the surplus die.

In this example the spear decides our numbers, it does benifit all which is madness.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Eactly. But in my view we, the majority that could be seen very much in the same role as the human crops the machines harvest have lost control.

A club allowed us to kill prey and every one benifitted. A spear did it more efficiently and everyone benifited. An analogy to how it is today is when the spear replaced the cub we needed less hunters so let the surplus die.

In this example the spear decides our numbers, it does benifit all which is madness.

what is madness? our systems or technologies shouldn't benefit all?

how can we use technology,,, spend a lot of time and energy on understanding and creating it,,, fashion our culture and society around it,,,, and not be "enslaved" to it...,.,,. how can we use or do anything without becoming "enslaved" or addicted to its existence and your desiree to want it and use it?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Come on you are better than that reply. I made it quite clear what was the madness.

how can we use technology,,, spend a lot of time and energy on understanding and creating it,,, fashion our culture and society around it,,,, and not be "enslaved" to it...,.,,. how can we use or do anything without becoming "enslaved" or addicted to its existence and your desiree to want it and use it?
There is a huge difference between being reliant on technology which the human being has always been and letting that technology decided by the greed of a few enslave and dictate how the majority live.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Come on you are better than that reply. I made it quite clear what was the madness.

There is a huge difference between being reliant on technology which the human being has always been and letting that technology decided by the greed of a few enslave and dictate how the majority live.

completely agree with your second response,,,,, it has to do with economic systems,, free trade,, individual freedom,,, government,,, law,,, humanities shared goals discussed, implied, imagined or secretive.... has to do with a lot..,,. how can the world be changed to have established what you are asking for?

was sincerely confused with your first...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Fair enough.

how can the world be changed to have established what you are asking for?
Jeeze that’s a question and a half.

I'll refer to the Matrix 3. The ones purpose is to correct a glitch in the machine. My view is that is also the purpose of an organised workforce.

I can’t speak for elsewhere only for what I see in the UK but since the unions fell into decline so has the lot of the working man. The machine has not had the glitch controlled and like the Architect explained (The machines idea of a perfect world) the humans have begun to reject the reality the machines created hence the unrest we see growing almost daily around the world.

The oracles words at the end says it for me. There is no other answer than the peace between the machines and humans will last as long as it can (once the current anomaly has been resolved).

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Matrix Trilogy is about the union movement. The sooner you wake up the better for all

And here I thought it was about reality, and the ridiculous attempts of man to try and perceive, record, track, and understand reality. Ridiculous, because you can truly never know the depth, and breadth, of our true awakened experiences, which is true reality, and nowhere close to what most people think is real.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

What just like the boy who cried wolf was meant to be about the nature of boy's and wolves?

We have used stories and images to encourage debate and an understanding of concepts throughout our history.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I watched the full Animatrix series for the first time last night. I found the Second Renaissance parts to be very cool.

I don't know how many of you have seen these(probably all of you) but you can check out the plot here.

Unfortunately I can't find the full clips on Youtube but here is a clip of the battle between man and machines.

After watching this I think that the whole thing is a reflection of our dependance on technology and a glimpse of how dangerous this can be. However, I love reading peoples interpretations of what it was trying to say, there is often truth in many of these insights.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Well here is another part of my using the Matrix to explain the unions.

Something I never see discussed when the Matrix comes up. In Matrix 2 Neo is able to disable the sentinels when unplugged. He can see Agent Smith and guide Trinity when blind. Neo is a man that in the Matrix can change the rules of that reality. He is not a super being.

This to me can only represent one thing. The machines, Zion are in a Matrix. There is a further level of control. We all instinctively know this but none of us have the ability to truly know what it is.

That is why the fight will never end between us and the machine but we should not just shrug our shoulders and give up the fight choosing to sit in front of the box watching soaps and sport.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well OK.

I can say that as a union sheetmetal worker it is nice to have medical insurance.

Can you afford medical insurance making minimum wage? Because this is what most corporate entities want to pay. The bare minimum.

People need to stand up and fight for the right to make a decent wage and the unions are a force that stand up against corporate raping of the common worker.

We all slave to make the man rich. Without organized labor the rich just get richer while the poor die making them that way.

I also have to say that a poor economy does no one any good, union or not.

I like the trilogy, but I dislike people who are against someone trying to make a decent living for themselves and their family.

Am I the one? I will be the one answering to my kids when there is no food on the table because dad had no money left after he paid the rent, power, car insurance, and gas money because some fools thought it was a good idea to side with the corporations.
edit on 21-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join