It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Explosions taking place, but why.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
not to mention the spate of 'sonic booms' recently....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Yes at night,, I figure they would have been even more visible in the dark ?

traffic cams ? security cams? nothing yet ..
edit on 20-10-2012 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There sure are a lot of spectacular views of Meteors ..or something..coming back in at points all over the Northern Hemisphere lately. I've been interested in reading the various English and Scottish reports of things that leave them agape, going overhead in a fiery display.

You know what keeps coming to mind? ..and I can't help it. It's 2012...it's October..and the time frame would damn near fit for what SHOULD be happening.

Basketballs and Volkswagons. Isn't that how the fictional mission control head in Armageddon described the debris coming in far in advanced of the main body of the object in that story? I also can't help but recall how many times we've seen variations of the fact the Government will NOT likely tell anyone a thing if it can be contained for awhile and nothing whatsoever could be gained vs. the outright panic it would cause to say a word.

I'm sure it's all just imagination and anxiety given everything else happening in the world right now and nothing more serious.....right?

There really isn't a realistic way a LARGE (by impact standards) object could come in without being seen at a couple months from arrival...is there?
edit on 20-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Ya seen it take them about 3 day to decide if it going to hit or not If not they post it on JPL
now they think it going to hit and somebody see it, they just play dump and it a amo dump explosion
if nobody see it hit than it just a earthquake that get remove

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here are a few interesting articles:

www.examiner.com...

And...

www.examiner.com...

And finally...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with most of your post.
But with regard to nuclear digging, I would be absolutely amazed if the US government does not have nuclear powered tunnel boring machines (TBM) that can melt and shape rock into near perfect circles. Lots of reports on those.

But if you wanted to build a secret underground city, maybe nuclear blasts would be the way to go after you tunneled into the area via a TBM.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

Um, we do call exterminators when the ants get in our way!So I would be worried.
second line

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
While any talk of the motives that some alien species may have can only be conjecture a couple of things stand out as reasonable. First, we often think of aliens as being a little more advanced than us. At mankind's current learning curve we will be a remarkably different species in a thousand years, both technologically and biologically. An alien species could easily be a hundred thousand years more advanced than us, or 5 million years.

A species so advanced would likely display certain traits. First, I doubt we'd have anything they needed. I know that others think the aliens would rape our planet of resources, but we have nothing that isn't found in much greater quantities elsewhere. Besides that I expect that in a thousand years even humans will be able to manipulate matter at the atomic level to turn any matter into any other matter. All you have to do is put together a given number of various subatomic particles to make whatever you need. To us that seems impossible, but remember that we only recently split our first atoms, and at a time when many people were still relying on horses and mules for transportation and labor.

Additionally, I'd expect such an advanced species to not display the same kinds of vices that we humans do. I doubt they're interested in material gain beyond that which is needed. I doubt that they are as indifferent to life and the natural universe as we are. They likely abide by a policy of conservation in as much as possible. Why shouldn't they? Would such an advanced species really need to do like us and voraciously consume all that is before it?

Though my own opinion differs from Steven Hawking's, I do believe that it is a reasonable opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker

Yes at night,, I figure they would have been even more visible in the dark ?

traffic cams ? security cams? nothing yet ..
edit on 20-10-2012 by hbarker because: (no reason given)
Like I said earlier if those types of cameras did catch they would have been messed with "IF" the powers that be were trying to hide something. I did noticed that an odd number of "YouTube" video have been deleted for violating third party rights over this event. (seems odd to me)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Here are a few interesting articles:

www.examiner.com...

I like the part:

but Hazardous Materials Unit in Baton Rouge and others investigating could take months before determining the cause

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My two cents on these mysterious booms and explosions.

I think we are looking at some significant event combined with mundane events that make it hard to determine what is really going on. I lean heavily toward some kind of crustal changes and gas releases with subsurface and/or surface detonations (there is no reason that if the crust is in flux that we couldn't have episodes of natural gas coming into contact with magma below the surface). Along side that we may have a series of not abnormal things like meteors, a few bunker explosions, and other common things that are entirely unrelated.

And if the government knows they may well be trying to cover up things with deception ("oh, it was a bunker explosion. Nothing to see here."). If the government is in the know about crustal changes I doubt they truly know what the outcome will be. They only have data showing significant impending events. So they'll just keep quiet and deal with problems as they arise. This would explain all the government preparations that we have all noticed. Their motives may not be as sinister as a violent power grab, but may be intended to try to deal with a remnant population in chaos.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fah0436

I agree with most of your post.
But with regard to nuclear digging, I would be absolutely amazed if the US government does not have nuclear powered tunnel boring machines (TBM) that can melt and shape rock into near perfect circles. Lots of reports on those.

But if you wanted to build a secret underground city, maybe nuclear blasts would be the way to go after you tunneled into the area via a TBM.

I don't think digging with nuclears makes much sense these days. We have good enough digging technologies thats safer, cleaner, and more discrete then blasting a nuc'.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

I think we are looking at some significant event combined with mundane events that make it hard to determine what is really going on. I lean heavily toward some kind of crustal changes and gas releases with subsurface and/or surface detonations (there is no reason that if the crust is in flux that we couldn't have episodes of natural gas coming into contact with magma below the surface). Along side that we may have a series of not abnormal things like meteors, a few bunker explosions, and other common things that are entirely unrelated.

And if the government knows they may well be trying to cover up things with deception ("oh, it was a bunker explosion. Nothing to see here."). If the government is in the know about crustal changes I doubt they truly know what the outcome will be. They only have data showing significant impending events. So they'll just keep quiet and deal with problems as they arise. This would explain all the government preparations that we have all noticed. Their motives may not be as sinister as a violent power grab, but may be intended to try to deal with a remnant population in chaos.
I was thinking about something like this earlier. If all these events (well not all, but lets say most) are organic in nature. The Government could be keeping it hush hush, to prevent any kind of 2012 chaos from happening (think War of the Worlds type event [Wiki: War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast])
This being said, I'm very wary of saying that these events are all organic, or man-made.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

i too think that the preparations we have been seeing may indeed be some kinda advanced warning that something imminent is about to happen.. one that is going to happen no matter what... We are currently going through the part of space that are the remnants of a comet trail.. ( halley's comet to be exact) and it happens this time every year.. i think this year is different in the scope of the debris field.. i'm not quite sure but it would make more sense that it was meteorites than something coming up from the ground.. and of course the government isn't going to announce.. hey we may be hit by these things for over a month.. and well.. one could potentially land on you.. we've all seen that movie. lmao. the fact that these occurances are happening around the globe makes the meteorite theory more plausible.. lets hope we don't get a bigger piece of junk to fall through.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You're right about there being plenty of technology to dig and bore far short of using the incredible power of atomic devices. Although, it would depend entirely on how quickly you felt you had to have everything completed and turn-key ready for use.

Russian Federation builds FIVE THOUSAND bomb shelters in Moscow Vicinity

Now, I can see having space for a good % of your population in the endless trade offs of cost to benefit to odds of needing such a preventative step all set to rock and roll in a real event. This is for the -ENTIRE- Metro Moscow Population to have underground shelter...and for some reason I guess the Subways they are famous for weren't workable?

5,000.....and ready by the end of this year. They didn't build so many with such enormous resources during an economy THEY aren't throwing parties in either for a precautionary measure....they expect something. War? Terrorism with WMD? 2012 'something'? I have no idea but when money and action speak, Russia's screaming like the proverbial man from the roof tops.

I think and wonder about nuclear assisted boring and cavern making...(as I suppose it would actually BE in reality at deep enough levels of rock)... because as much as we can laugh off so much and maybe 95% of everything related to 2012 or War expectations...we come back to that 5%, like 5,000 REAL bomb shelters that cost a REAL kings ransom to make on a crash schedule here at the end and when Russia REALLY couldn't afford that much more than the U.S. could right now.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: added a line

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Having the same type of sounds here like firecrackers going off like a muffled boom sound different places in the sky. Have no idea what it is.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I wouldn't put much stalk into what Russia is doing building these Shelters. I mean we have the Denver Airport don't we? (just kidding about that)

Putin could be building these shelters as a way of deferring the Russian Public Attention away from their economic situation, or he could be planning on an all out war with someone. Here in the US we can build our own Bomb Shelter without having to involve the Government (something that they can't do there).

There isn't a real good reason why the Government would need to build any shelters here anyways. The Government already has bunkers that are always stocked so that "They" can continue to function if something was to happen (this is why the Government can say that they can be "up and running in 72 hours").

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Thank you for this information. Could it be a skyquake?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here is a video I took back in May from Upstate NY about 30 minutes to the north of Albany. This was in no way Fireworks as it was way too late, I do not live near any military bases. It was a clear night and no storms in the area.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
Here is a video I took back in May from Upstate NY about 30 minutes to the north of Albany. This was in no way Fireworks as it was way too late, I do not live near any military bases. It was a clear night and no storms in the area.

it was coincidental i heard a car horn sound just after the booms several times. I also heard voices along with the booms.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Great job in capturing this. It sounds like a rock quarry. After they blast the rocks, you can hear a simular sound when the larger rocks are falling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join