It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a link between ghosts, poltergeists or demons and bugs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This seems a little far-fetched, and certainly not very rational, but I want to know if my story resonates with anyone. Perhaps others have experienced similar things, or there is some mythology or folklore associated with this.

I have always had an interest in the paranormal, though I am a skeptic by nature and not inclined to believe in anything supernatural. However, I've recently been involved in ghost investigations with an established paranormal group, just as a bit of a weekend hobby.

At most of the investigations, I haven't really seen much to convince me to change my way of thinking, but there was one recently that came really close. There were certainly a few things that occured that were more than a little spooky - readings on the electronic equipment, unexplained aromas and shadows, seeming manipulation of objects, temperature changes, and even direct communication through various devices (though not while I was operating any of it, so I took this with a grain of salt). According to the communication, there were multiple entities present, and one of these intimidated the others and perhaps could have been interpreted as demonic.

Now I've heard that these entities are known to follow people home from time to time, and that they can even haunt, torment, possess, etc. I never really thought much of this prospect, especially since I don't necessarily believe such entities even exist, and so I've never really put much into the "protection" rituals or prayers that are used after ghost hunts.

OK, so that's the background. Now here's the stretch....

Over the last couple weeks or so, I've noticed an increasing amount of BUGS in my life. I've caught half a dozen spiders in my bedroom (including two rather large ones on my bed!). There are beetles crawling around near my front porch. A big wasp hovered over my head at the office yesterday. A few days go, I was outside having a nighttime cigarette and a big moth aggressively tried to fly into my ear, then buzzed into the hood of my coat, which really freaked me out. Just a few minutes ago - what prompted me to write this post, in fact - I felt something crawling up my leg and instincively smashed down on it. When I pulled my jeans down, I was horrified to see a great big yellow jacket, which had been mere inches from my groin when I crushed it.

Probably as the result of all of these tangible experiences, but perhaps not, I am continually sensing creepy crawlies on the edge of my vision, flying or scampering toward me, or even on my body itself. But most of the time, I'm just swatting at air. If this keeps up, I'm going to go insane.

I think I'm just like most people when it comes to these creatures - I hate them! It's only just occured to me that there could be a link between the ghost investigation and incest infestation. For one, it doesn't seem to be the right time of year for all this stuff. Additionally, nothing like this has happened to me in the past.

I live in a major city, in a house. I am about 30 years old, male, and have no history of mental illness. Finally, just so you don't have to ask, I do not use drugs of any kind, take prescription medication, or drink alcohol, and have not in several months. So these are not narcotics-induced hallucinations.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Replicator EYD because: grammar

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
do you ever just barely 'see' something ghostlike duckin' behind the stove or 'fridge? i forget what it's called but it's a well known occurence.
prayin' to Jesus, or stare-ing them straight in the face, gets rid of them.
edit on 20-10-2012 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Ghosts, spirits, demons and ancestral guardians are all the same. They are nephil spirits.

As for bugs, they are only nasty if they are etheral spiders that consume peoples auras.

Is it winter where you are ? if it is then that might explain why you are seeing many bugs. Its cold outside

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Replicator EYD

Depending on where you live, it's possible that bugs are coming in to get out of the cold or the heat. It could also be possible that someone who lives nearby you have been "bug bombing" and the insects are migrating to friendlier surroundings.

Not saying that there isn't a possible paranormal connection, just that there are other more earthly explainations.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I hope there not related, I've been tormented by yellow jackets all summer and recently I've woken up twice with a spider crawling on me while I slept. Seriously gross. So Im hoping I won't be possessed anytime soon. I assumed the cold was driving the spiders in, but now I'm thinking it's demons.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Is it winter where you are ? if it is then that might explain why you are seeing many bugs. Its cold outside
This is likely the reason why your seeing all the bug activity. From what I'm hearing it's going to be a nasty winter this year (for most parts of the country). The bugs are just trying to find a safe place to ride it out.

Just for the record I've been having this issue too, and it's very annoying.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i'm not gonna comment on the veracity of paranormal experience etc.

what i would say is maybe once you've made a tacit connection btwn your supernatural experiences and the frequency of insect activity then each time you observe an insect then it becomes more significant whereas in the past you'd have barely paid any attention to it.

An analogy would be - every bought a car then suddenly noticed how many cars of the same make and model,even colour you see on the road.It's not that the numbers of them have suddenly increased simply you never paid any attention before until you bought that make and model before.

Even in a modern clean house we share our living space with countless numbers of insects,we dont or choose not to notice normally but it doesnt mean they arent there.

Ask yourself are you just paying attention to them all of a sudden where before you didnt ??

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Your thread reminds me of this:

The movie was just on last week, so I wonder if you saw it and came to this conclusion about your experiences?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why dont you try to get the paranormal team you've been investigating with into your house and see if you can pick anything up. Then make a decision if it's "paranormal" or not. Until then do some research, and be sure to record in a journal if anything strange happens besides bugs (things moving, dissapearing etc.) Remember it's probably not paranormal or anything like that and just a increase in bugs and so forth.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

well the sound of insects and howling in the night was associated with jinn....the sound of bugs at night were characterized as being the chatter of demons in the olden kingdoms in general around the middle east...or so I have been led to believe.....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sounds like you need some of this...

orgone

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

What does "incest-infatuation", have to do with anything? That seemed to be thrown in there and you kind of lost me at that.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's autumn and yes, it is getting a bit cooler out. However, I've lived in the same place for nearly a decade, and I've never had so many issues with insects before. Not that I actually believe there is a paranormal explanation behind it, mind you. The idea only just occured to me today, so I thought I'd float it out on here to see if anybody had made a connection between the two before. It seemed like this would definitely be the right forum for that. The thing that makes this particularly peculiar is not just that there is an unusual number of bugs about, but that they seem drawn to me - crawling on me, flying at me in an uncharacteristically aggressive fashion, more abundant in my bedroom than the rest of the house (and no, it's not dirty or anything, and I don't keep food in there).

The post about the horror movie is the sort of thing I was looking for. Cultural, mythological, or anecdotal tales of bugs related to the supernatural. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that movie, though I think I saw a remake in theaters maybe five or six years ago.

One thing I neglected to mention is that I've been hearing something scurrying around in my closet lately too. I hope it's not more bugs (or worse, rats or something!).

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel

What does "incest-infatuation", have to do with anything? That seemed to be thrown in there and you kind of lost me at that.

I never said I had an infatuation with them, but that my home and my life seems to be infested. I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation (like the bugs trying to escape the colder weather or whatever), but the whole situation is weird enough, that I thought it might arouse some interest here.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hahahahahaahah! Buddy, I think you need to re-read that statement.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Sassquatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, I have never heard of bugs manifesting as a symptom of the paranormal.

But I know all too well how terrifying it is to have a wasp crawling up my leg. Bitten twice. PJ pants came flying off.
The stuff of nightmares.

On another note, don't know where you live, but October is a freezing cold month here. It might just be that the bugs are ready to settle in for the winter.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator EYD
It's only just occured to me that there could be a link between the ghost investigation and incest infestation.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Replicator EYD because: grammar

Incest infestation? First of all:

You might want to edit that.

But as to your problem, I think there are often connections. I think the presence of spirits and otherworldly denizens affect insects just like it does people. I'm not saying that there are demons who are "masters of insects" or anything like that but there could definitely be some unpredictable behavior coming from insects around you if you are being harassed (or visited) by spirits, demons, "other people", etc.

I clear out my house every once in a while just to balance it out but, strangely, during times of extremely intense spiritual activity in my home, bugs are pretty much absent. I wouldn't recommend that you bring a spiritualist, witch, or a shaman out to raise some hell but... I would do just that if I were you. A house filled with the flora and fauna of the other side, when invited in perfect trust and perfect love, will go miles in creating balance and harmony inside your home. Including with the bugs.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I know this will sound creepy, but where i used to live, i had crickets jump off my head and onto my chest then just dissappear. And I would find yellow jackets struggling on the kitchen floor to fly but they couldn't. Also had a black spider near my bed. I was glad to get out of there. i also saw a physical form demon on the street, big and dragging a bag, it bent over and checked out some grass then kept moving away from me. I was curious so I stood there in the dark hoping it wouldn't see me. After I moved for a while i would hear a bag dragging back and forth out on the road at my new place.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Oh, I just caught the typo that everyone was so amused by.
"Incest", eh? I'll leave it in there, just because it's funny.

Anyway, the idea that nearby animals could be effected in some way if a person had some bad mojo or whatever going on around them makes a bit of sense. I hadn't really thought about this in that context yet, but I like where the theory is going. I've heard about cats or dogs acting strange around ghosts. Well, aren't bugs animals too? Maybe they could be attracted, repulsed, or confused, depending on the entity that happened to hitch a ride home with me.

And I did a double-take at that last post. You saw a physical-form demon? Whoa! What did it look like? And what do you think was in that bag?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Spirits cannot actually access this plane of existence. they live in a parallel but very different world. in that world your computer might be zigzag shaped or your windows oval etc. Insects have a very simple neurology the beings can tune into the simple minds of the bugs and control them like you would a toy helicopter. So yes bugs are drones for ghosts and spirits

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join