It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation, What do you believe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Do not believe in reincarnation.
I might come closer to believing in reinroseation.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

You would fall under the category of young souls, tell me what do you believe then? I mean at least add something to thread besides one line. Perhaps, what you do believe will enlighten someone.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Have no idea what this means, define this word for me.

I might come closer to believing in reinroseation.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
We do know that the energy in our body releases into the environment where the corpse finally lays. It is absorbed into the ground, the plants, the animals, the bugs etc. I will have to agree with you in this sense.

It is difficult to assume that something of the dead body somehow lands in another body by means of transmigration. There is nothing besides some stories in ancient texts where this seems to be the case. Therefore I cannot believe in reincarnation.

If you are willing to entertain the concept of there being anything "released" when you die, why do you think it just gets absorbed into nearby crap?

In nature, everything recycles and migrates. A plant releases seeds into the air not to be absorbed into other plants, but to become other plants. Water gets evaporated and falls back to Earth as water, not fire and Legos.

Why would your soul (or whatever feel comfortable calling it) be the exception in the natural flow of life? Reincarnation should be the default belief since it follows the year cycle and the life circle. Saying it just gets absorbed into its surroundings seems to be the hard-to-swallow theory.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Naw my last life wasnt bald, i guess though down the soul track, i was bald.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Well said. Thank you for your reply. Star for you. Pure energy does not die, it gets recycled! This is certainly the case with any form of energy I am aware of. So, stands to reason it is true for our souls as well? Right.

Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Reincarnation is bogus and just another ploy by satan to mislead people away from the truth

The people of the world believe this lie because a vast new age bombardment of misinformation.

Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as 'reincarnation past-lives.'"

Reincarnation -- Satan's Second-Biggest Lie

"Why would Satan bother coming up with a big lie about reincarnation? What's the point?"

Mankind has an innate desire to commune with God. It is in our nature, because God put it there. Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as "reincarnation past-lives."

"Is there any evidence that reincarnation is true?"

There IS false evidence that reincarnation is true.

Huh? False evidence of truth? What does that mean?

Suppose you are on a jury trying Smith for burglary, and Smith did commit the burglary. Smith gets on the witness stand and lies—he says he was with his girlfriend all day. Smith has presented evidence. It is false evidence, but it still is evidence.

But what if you believe Smith? You think you reached the correct decision, but it's still false evidence. You leave secure in the knowledge that Smith didn't and could not possibly have committed the burglary—after all, you have evidence. But your decision is based on false evidence.

Reincarnation -- Satan's Second-Biggest Lie

Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

The only way we can correctly learn about the afterlife, including the subject of reincarnation is to consult the Bible. It alone is the only source inspired by Almighty God. No other book is the proven word of God, though such claims have been made about the following: Book of Mormon, Quran (Koran), Bhagavad-Gita, Avesta, Angas, etc. When the evidence is examined, the findings show reincarnation is a lie.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathametically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Reincarnation Is A Lie

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Well I did ask. I will have to respectfully decline your reasoning as faulty. There is no such thing as Satan. There are misguided souls and young souls who have yet to realize what the truth is. I would put you in the young soul/ brainwashed group. I will grant you the opportunity to re-think your stance, however, you may be steadfast in your belief on this matter. You have free will to make choices and there are environmental issues and other free will choices imposed on all of us, by others. It is up to each individual to recognize what is truth and what is propaganda through religion. Religion to me is a man-made concoction to control the masses through disinformation. There are many religions and they are semantics for the same thing, but there can only be one truth. That is not to say there are not evil/bad/negative souls that have regressed and need to find their way back to the light, if you want to call them Satan, that is your choice. Take care, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Reincarnation is a dangerous reality to the construct of religion yet nearly every religious person I know of does not live their life as if it was their only one. It greatly limits one's progression to carry this illusion. We, as souls have fallen into a very dense reality, closed off from our greater Divinity and when that connection becomes too weak, we believe that we are the body. For the body, death is final and it fears this above all else so this then becomes the dominate drive, subduing the spirit within. This weakness then allows greater programming into the field through education, the media, entertainment, religion, politics, govt, etc which further diminished control of the being within.

I'm not saying that realities like heaven don't exist, they are created by the focus of those beings. Like attracts like. Concepts like God and the devil are projections of the duality based reality we are experiencing. You have go beyond this illusion as well.

You have to break those loops in order to progress out of this density or keep incarnating until you get what is needed for your soul experience.

edit on 21-10-2012 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I believe in a form of panpsychism. It is my opinion that pure physicalism and pure idealism are false conclusions arrived at via the false assumption that either the physical has to be derived from the ideal realm or the realm of ideas must be derived from the physical. I see no reason for these two choices being the only possibilities and I further think the evidence is against them both. To me the evidence clearly indicates that the physical cannot exist without the realm of ideas and the realm of ideas cannot exist without the physical, at least, they must coexist and begin (if they ever began in the first place) simultaneously if we are to use logic to arrive at any conclusion, in my mind.

Because of my belief in panpsychism I am sort of obligated to believe in some form or another of reincarnation, or simply that our consciousness goes where our energy (physical self) goes. So yeah, I think our consciousness likely goes where our body goes, and when part of our energy becomes a tree or a rock or a drop of water or a breath of air, then our consciousness begins to experience itself through that mode of being (I believe in many levels of consciousness as well) or frequency - the journey never ends, it just changes. And not only that, but I also believe that it is quite possible we are experiencing many modes of consciousness at once as we are in this current state of being - we just don't always realize it. We are aware of it, but we choose to focus our attention on this so-called current state of existence.

I believe the consciousness is always intimately connected to its physical counterpart(s), and at the core we are all interconnected and that collective consciousness is what many call "God".

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The real question is why are you conscious right now? And why here?

Out of the fifteen billion years that the universe has existed, and out of the vast amount
of space it encompasses...why did you, your consciousness, suddenly spring up, awake
and aware, right here, right now.

Your animal body is made up of of 100 trillion+ separate cells and micro-organisms.
Did it take this exact blueprint of cells to create your awareness. Did it take an exact
blueprint of you brain and its neural pathways to create your awareness?

If this is the case, then there are an infinite number of conscious beings awaiting their
particular blueprint to coalesce out of the materials in the universe, before they can
become awake and aware.

This is the spiritual question that gives us the impetus for God. It is the enigma of our
singular awareness....Once again, to heck with what happens to our consciousness
after the body dies....where does it come from...what circumstance causes it to coalesce
right here, right now.....and make YOU?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yes, I believe in reincarnation. I made a thread on it back in the spring. www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO, the Earth is a school for learning about emotions and overcoming challenges.
Until we break the wheel of karma we are stuck coming back to earth. But once it's broken we can go to any place in the universe we choose to continue our soul's progression until we reach the point of enlightenment that allows us to unite with the Source (God) as one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

panpsychism
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

Star for you.

I am not familiar with this, perhaps you could offer a definition or parameters. I do appreciate your time and effort you put into the reply. Please, expound further.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
There is no such thing as Satan. I would put you in the young soul/ brainwashed group. I will grant you the opportunity to re-think your stance.

One does not "re-think" the truth.

Once a person KNOWS the truth, everything else becomes secondary.

The thing that really struck me about your post is that you understand that Religion is man-made disinformation used to control the masses and yet you do not see the real agenda and purpose behind it.

False Religion is Satan's attempt at imitating God upon the earth and deceiving the entire human race.

Very few understand the truth behind religion simply because the author behind it is a master of deception.

The truth is, the greatest trick Satan ever performed is to convince the world he doesn’t exist.

People rationalize that there can be no God if there is no Satan.

There is no light without shadow and there can be no reason to trust God if there is no evil to harm them.

BTW: I too have been warning others here about the deception of religion, the below quotes have been posted here on ATS for quite some time now:

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

All false religions are illuminati created Mind Control

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you for your reply.

I agree and I will share with you an experience or two, very soon, regarding paranormal events in my life. I will also track down your thread and give it a read and react. Star for you. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for your reply. Star for the effort.

Seems to be a contradiction, the only references to Satan are in religious forms. That being said, I do seem to feel while we agree on certain points, the one you missed is semantics. There can not be one without the other.

Heaven/Hell, Good/Evil, Light/Dark, Yin/Yang etc. All semantics for the same thing. I personally chose to not recognize that personification. We are speaking of reincarnation though and what we believe about that specifically? Are you saying that Satan has something to do with reincarnation specifically? I know it's hard to separate beliefs in reincarnation from religion, but I feel one really does not have anything to do with the other, only that religion somehow controls what people feel about their existence and how they deal with their every day lives. To me reincarnation transcends this because it encompasses many lives theoretically and many different forms of existence where religion probably doesn't exist. So, let me know how you feel about reincarnation again? You don't believe in it because of Satan? What do you think happens to your soul? Do you feel there is a soul?

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I have a problem with some current theories about reincarnation. If we are eternal entities (which i do believe) why does our memory disappear upon birth during the reincarnation process? One of the supposed advantages to being eternal is the vast wealth of knowledge that should be associated it. From one body to the next should be knowledge built on top of knowledge, forever, but this does not seem to happen with us. Instead, we are born with a completely clean slate. This is a rather odd occurrence for a supposed eternal being isn't it?

One way to explain this dilemma to myself is the idea that life is meant as an isolated experience separate from all the other lives that you had. The idea is if that you were 'born' into a certain experience without any knowledge of anything else, you will live your life as true as possible to the experience that you are having in that lifetime. Once your body dies, you pass into another existence where all previous knowledge is accessible to you again until you are born into another body and the slate is wiped clean again for the next life. This is completely theoretical, obviously, but this scenario is about as much sense I can make of our current status of what we call life. This explanation only makes sense IF you regain your memories of your eternal existence after death, otherwise the whole thing makes no sense.

I don't like this explanation however. It just does not make sense to me that an eternal being would benefit from the loss of so much knowledge. If we are eternal, then this means that our 'spirit' has been around for a very, very long time and would seem logical that an entity that has been around for so long would know quite a bit of things. This would be incredibly useful for ourselves to retain this knowledge. Instead, we are born with nothing in our minds and for the most part, act like children for the better part of our lives while we are always trying to learn things until we die.

Do you see the problem with my suggestion? My best solution to the dilemma has us struggling to learn how to tie our shoes for eternity. We will forever struggle to learn to read and write. We will be starting from scratch with all lessons for eternity. So, I suggest that there must be an alternative reality to the idea of reincarnation otherwise life could seem like a hellish chore if it's taken into account what forever means.

I am sure I have not seen things from all angles to come up with a better argument or point of view, but this dilemma with having a body and an eternal spirit with our current understandings about each is confusing. I can't help but feel like the full picture is being withheld somehow. Anyways, I hope my words and concepts were understandable, as I never really tried to relay this before, but the topic was intriguing to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

This thinking is interesting. Yet to me it sounds somewhat like the transhumanists you were warning of a while back. However, could you elaborate on these projections that you describe above?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
A Beautiful Poem about Reincarnation:

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting,
The soul that rises with us, our life's star,
hath elsewhere had its setting,
And cometh from afar."

Wordsworth

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerpit

Star for you. Thanks for the reply.

I do not believe the slate is wiped clean and I do believe you maintain access to all information you have accumulated through all incarnations, whether here or elsewhere. The brain that we have as a human stores the information like a hard drive, the soul is the software. When we are born into this human condition we come with blueprints, they are in your palm of destiny, if you allow yourself to be open to your higher power you can be aware of certain information. The problem is we are affected by the free will of others being imposed on us. I have several instances I will share another day about how I have regressed and progressed in this lifetime due to the free will infliction of others. That's not to say that I haven't made free will decisions that affected this as well. There is a desire on all of our parts to get to the truth, whatever it may be.

I speak from personal experiences that have shaped my beliefs, as we all do. To many things have happened in this lifetime that are not easy to explain away as just random occurrences. I have had many intuitions that have come true, I am not special, I just pay attention to what my higher power is showing me, I feel we all have this ability but it is part of that stifling from other free will inflictions that I spoke of earlier, that keep some from realizing this. It is part of the learning process of every soul. Take care and keep searching.

Ascension211

edit on 21-10-2012 by ascension211 because: grammar!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join