It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation, What do you believe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Pure energy does not die, it is recycled. This is my feelings about reincarnation. I do not necessarily believe we will inhabit another human body every time we ascend, but rather our soul has many different forms it has inhabited. The nature of energy is very difficult to comprehend for most. Where did our soul come from and where is it going has been a philosophical dilemma for ages. Any opinion is subjective, based on our belief structure/religious upbringing. There can only be one truth though. Semantics usually play a large part in how we word things individually, but essentially say the same thing. All religions/spiritual actions derived from the same source, just worded differently. For instance, praying/meditation are essentially the same thing just worded differently. So, death could be another word for reincarnation, also. God/higher power = same thing. I could give many examples but I think the point has been made.

Either way, we do exist in some form and it is for us to decide why, but we still have a responsibility to our fellow souls to be the best we can be, do not let fear control you, let LOVE guide you.

I have, also, decided to share some quotes from another source, read and enjoy:

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered “Man…. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

“I have been born more times than anybody except Krishna.” Mark Twain.

“The soul comes from without into the human body, as into a temporary abode, and it goes out of it anew it passes into other habitations, for the soul is immortal.” “It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but only retire a little from sight and afterwards return again. Nothing is dead; men feign themselves dead, and endure mock funerals… and there they stand looking out of the window, sound and well, in some strange new disguise.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“He saw all these forms and faces in a thousand relationships become newly born. Each one was mortal, a passionate, painful example of all that is transitory. Yet none of them died, they only changed, were always reborn, continually had a new face: only time stood between one face and another.” Herman Hesse, Siddhartha

These were just a sample of the ones I liked, but there are others if you chose to follow.

blog.world-mysteries.com...

Thank you for taking the time to read, please, take care whether you chose to respond or not.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We do know that the energy in our body releases into the environment where the corpse finally lays. It is absorbed into the ground, the plants, the animals, the bugs etc. I will have to agree with you in this sense.

It is difficult to assume that something of the dead body somehow lands in another body by means of transmigration. There is nothing besides some stories in ancient texts where this seems to be the case. Therefore I cannot believe in reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

There is nothing besides some stories in ancient texts where this seems to be the case.

just because the modern texts have edited this out doesn't change the facts ... souls are real and eternal.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think it's only human nature to believe that surely, If one dies, they don't just cease to exist forever.

I however, do not believe in life after death. But It is very well possible I'm wrong

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not believing in something does not mean it is not possible/probable any more than believing in it makes it the truth.
But to dismiss anything is short sighted, and usually rooted in fear. I mean there are absolutes in life and then there are variables. Our job is to evaluate each and make informed decisions, and to learn valuable lessons about ourselves and hopefully one day reach the truth. Take care.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe in very very strongly in reincarnation. Not to attribute to this post but the song I'm listening to said 'reincarnate' right as I moused over the thread
. I believe we are more than just our physical forms. i believe we all have a soul, and that our soul exists beyond death. My soul, and yours, if you believe so, has lived many lives before this one. Inside of all of us is knowledge, the god within. I'd like to state i'm not religious at all, and when I say god, I mean supreme lifeforce and energy, the universe that we all exist in, right now. However, living many lives before this, I do feel that my time here, on Earth in this time of great turmoil and distress is of importance. Now is my time to learn all that I can in this life. To exist now!
Peace be with you and everybody.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
the 'soul' or spiritual essence...is a energy that exists in all 10 dimensions at once..

in this particular universe of Earth and such, one's soul is embodied in the life form of a human being, a psyche/self

but in another dimension of the 10 layered multiverse, that same 'soul' that makes you "YOU" here might be a fog bank in another incarnation, or perhaps a asteroid or something of that nature...

i seriously doubt that the 'soul' energy, sits at a way-station until it becomes somehow ready to reincarnate into another lifeform on this planet or even in this universe

but transversing across all 10 dimensions the 'Soul' might have a bunch of time anamolies involved with it
so that non-locality entanglements would allow for a 'Soul' energy to contort so much it might even become a spiral shape of connecting incarnations...looped as-it-were in a 6 degress of separation bubble

i follow the other 99% of Buddhist teaching, except for the reincarnation models.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I think that when the end game is afoot, we will all hope to reincarnation to sort out the mess our lives will have been in before it. I think we will use it as a scapegoat and try less to maintain our level of morality and decency.

In that I think that we will also have groups of people that will look to it as a release, and so endure all the hardships associated with higher morality. These people will become the ones to rule when their flesh suits die, and they are expressed in flesh again. Their energy will become supreme and absolute. Their mothers might not know it, but no matter the hell the world is in later, they will bear the mighty and noble of the future. The ones to rise like the phoenix and not only restore all the light lost, but to shine a new sun into the darkness and awaken all of us who fell.

As a united new humanity, we shall through a better process of reincarnation know all spirit by name, and retain all memory our energy has accumulated, it will be shared and all things known. Through our higher consciousness we will have a more pure process of reincarnation. The spirit will transform all flesh, and when that flesh is dead, the spirit will restructure it again, by its will.

Death and reincarnation our only hope of fixing the loop we are stuck in. Once balance is restored and we are once again the masters of matter and this reality we live in, we will move on and leave this world in peace, going then to the next troubled existence. We will return once again later to use all that we have learned here now....when balance is again threatened.

IMO

That is what we can expect...

edit on 20-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
Not believing in something does not mean it is not possible/probable any more than believing in it makes it the truth.
But to dismiss anything is short sighted, and usually rooted in fear. I mean there are absolutes in life and then there are variables. Our job is to evaluate each and make informed decisions, and to learn valuable lessons about ourselves and hopefully one day reach the truth. Take care.

Ascension211

It appears to be the other way around. To believe something with no reason to is short-sighted and rooted in fear, credulity and willful ignorance. It is a case of being easily seduced into something.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Little American lad is reincarnated - once being a WWII pilot downed and died off Japan. His knowledge of specifics relating to his past life overwhelm all whom are still alive & familiar with his apparent past life.

This was the "game changer" for me - reincarnation is a real phenomena experienced by many many people

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. Each and everyone of you have stated what you believe to be the truth. Are you certain? There are endless possibilities.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
At this moment in time I lean towards the belief that we incarnate to purify the 'soul' of impurity. I think we plan the more important experiences before hand with seasoned souls usually termed 'guides' or 'teachers' and of course our soul groups whom we incarnate with lifetime after lifetime, mutually giving breath to the positive and negative experiences that usually present us with opportunities of growth through the importance and impact of their connections, for example it makes sense to me that a soul with a vain outlook of themselves and others would be urged to chose a body lacking in physical beauty and would thus be more likely to learn a lesson of what beauty really is. I say urged because I don't believe anything would be outright forced upon us, voluntary karma if you will. My worst experiences in life in hindsight have been the most valuable as I've said in other threads, giving me the knowledge and wisdom to help myself and others.

I think the pursuit of self evolution is what motivates souls to experience the extreme conditions we endure here on Earth. Although we don't consciously remember our past life experiences, I believe they leave there impact on our personal sense of morality, conscience and character.

Really enjoyed reading through this thread.
edit on 20-10-2012 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Never certain mate. I prefer 'leanings' to calling these 'beliefs' because they're always changing and evolving. I'm enjoying the ride though.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Seems a bit defensive on your part. I am not trying to debate you on this subject rather instilling a desire for you to be open minded,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
not saying its impossible, I'm just curious; how does the world population keep increasing if we all had a past life?
edit on 10/20/2012 by LiquidNova because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidNova

There is an endless supply of souls my dear, look at the stars tonight. Billions of them. Pure energy all of them.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That's assuming all the souls that have incarnated are incarnating at the same time.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

There is an endless supply of souls my dear, look at the stars tonight. Billions of them. Pure energy all of them.

that's a very good point

I guess inevitably we will all find out the truth one day.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You of all people should know this, your location and avatar seem to suggest you have an affinity for believing other life exist elsewhere.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

haha touche.

just a side note: alien contacts normally report that the aliens never fear death because it is mearly a transitional phase. Its all so interesting, wouldn't you agree?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join