It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US giving our land to China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anything about this? I don't know if there is anything to this but if there is, we are in some serious trouble! Apparently, there has been an e-mail going around with this link www.ia.ita.doc.gov... in it. Maybe China is calling in it's markers.China

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

The US Foreign Trade Zones Project? Never heard of it till now. I did some looking. this has been around since at least 1934 according to the source:

What is a Foreign Trade Zone?

Foreign Trade Zones (FTZs) were created in the United States to provide special customs procedures to U.S. plants engaged in international trade-related activities. Duty-free treatment is accorded items that are processed in FTZs and then reexported, and duty payment is deferred on items until they are brought out of the FTZ for sale in the U.S. market. This helps to offset customs advantages available to overseas producers who compete with domestic industry. The Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZ) Board (composed of representatives from the U.S. Departments of Commerce and Treasury) has its operational staff in the International Trade Administration's Import Administration.
ia.ita.doc.gov...

History of Foreign Trade Zones: More at the link:

Today, the trade policy of the United States is based on a free trade model. This theoretical model recognizes only the economic beneficiaries of free trade; it acknowledges that the costs (or losers) resulting from free trade are negligible. In reality, however, free trade has benefits and costs. No doubt, the benefits far outweigh the costs; however, the costs are very real. The Foreign-Trade Zones program offers a way to mitigate the costs of free trade. In doing so, the program allows the United States economy to enjoy relatively greater benefits from its free trade initiatives. The various benefits offered by the Foreign-Trade Zones program make it an effective response to the problems that arise when the $8.5 trillion dollar U.S. economy operates within the rapidly changing international trade environment.

The U.S. Foreign-Trade Zones program was created by the Foreign-Trade Zones Act of 1934. The Foreign-Trade Zones Act was one of two key pieces of legislation passed in 1934 in an attempt to mitigate some of the destructive effects of the Smoot-Hawley Tariffs, which had been imposed in 1930. The Foreign-Trade Zones Act was created to "expedite and encourage foreign commerce" in the United States. This is accomplished through the designation of geographical areas, in or adjacent to Customs Ports of Entry, where commercial merchandise receives the same Customs treatment it would if it were outside the commerce of the United States.

Merchandise of every description may be held in the Zone without being subject to Customs duties and other ad valorem taxes . This tariff and tax relief is designed to lower the costs of U.S.-based operations engaged in international trade and thereby create and retain the employment and capital investment opportunities that result from those operations. These special geographic areas – Foreign-Trade Zones – are established "in or adjacent to" U.S. Ports of Entry and are under the supervision of the U.S. Customs Service. Since 1986, U.S. Customs' oversight of FTZ operations has been conducted on an audit-inspection basis, whereby compliance is assured through audits and spot checks under a surety bond, rather than through on-site supervision by Customs personnel.
www.foreign-trade-zone.com...

Wikipedia on Foreign Trade Zones: en.wikipedia.org... - Wikipedia quotes word for word almost the same info in the above link, I didn't think that was allowed on Wikipedia. Interesting.
edit on 20-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Here is an explanation of Foreign Trade Zones in the United States.

FTZs

This should answer your question

ETA - I see JohnPhoenix beat me to it.
edit on 20-10-2012 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Aren't these the duty free shops at airports?

Selling our public assets to ICs is RPs big game plan. We (the citizens of the US) paid for the roads, and yet we have to tolls to ICs to drive on the roads we already own.

We are ruled by the ICs, thanks to deregulation and free market economics.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

By how I understand it in the broadest possible terms...it's like a Duty Free store for commercial commerce. In reality, it's likely to be a few square blocks to a few square miles of warehouse space that looks absolutely no different from any other warehouse/industrial area except for the high security fencing and gate access control that comes with it. Everything inside is like another country in terms of U.S. Customs status for needing clearance and proper seals on the trailers before leaving the "International Zone".

Now the one that comes to mind first is the one closest to me that I've been in and out of with any frequency. Thats the International Trade Zone in Kansas, City Missouri. (Follow along now....Missouri River connects to Mississippi River...flows to gulf...flows to international waters...so TECHNICALLY if you do mental gymnastics to win Olympic medals...well..you sorta see how one fits in Kansas City.
) Don't ask me... I was just the trucker picking up and taking stuff somewhere else...but it was everything like a foreign nation for the paperwork and customs controls.

new topics

top topics

join