It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iranian Revolutionary Guard Force Captured in Saudi Arabia: Act Of War?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Iran has a HUGE population of Jewish people, but they despise the Zionist regime in Israel.

According to the August 2012 census there are 8756 Jews still living in Iran - hardly a HUGE population.

This number has reduced from approximately 100,000 in 1948.
The vast majority emigrated to Israel after the Iranian Revolution.

There have been frequent reports of discrimination and intimidation directed towards Iranian Jews, as indeed there have been towards Iranian Christians who number in excess of 100,000.
Atheists are not recognised, have no legal rights and are subject to the death penalty being adjudged apostates.

But I digress.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can't help but trying to dovetail this with Obama's incredible obfuscation and reluctance to declare the attack and murders connected with the U.S. Libyan consulate in Benghazi terrorism...instead trying desperately to declare it a protest over that ridiculous youtube video, which got out of hand.

Could it be that Obama was afraid that the terrorist group (c'mon, we ALL know he was initially told it was a 'terrorist attack') which attacked the consulate, killing ambassador Stevens and three other Americans, would turn out to be Hezbollah (vigorously sponsored by Iran)...or even one of these Iranian Revolutionary Guard infiltration teams (such as was just captured in SA)?

Why would Obama be afraid that the terrorist group that hit the U.S. consulate in Benghazi might NOT be Al Qaeda...but, instead, Hezbollah, or worse, IRGC?

Because he has been rumored to be secretly negotiating with Iran for his October election surprise...and didn't wan't to jeopardize the phony dog-n-pony show deal in the works.

Imagine the outrage against Iran from the US citizenry if it turned out that Iran had a hand in this clearly terrorist attack in Benghazi. Also, factor in the fact that the investigation of this terrorist crime has been handled in so slipshod a manner by the Obama administration.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The US and her allies declared war on Iran and Syria quite some time ago- then if Iran does anything, people label it an 'Act of War'.

I must have missed the declaration.
Was there a vote in Congress?

Likewise, has Iran declared war on Saudi Arabi

Sanctions are an 'Act of War'

Funding and training 'rebels' to topple a regime is an 'Act of War'.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)
I don't believe I made any claim that Iran declared war on Saudi Arabia.

You claimed that the US declared war against Iran. I believe that is not correct.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Maybe he is Joe Biden.
edit on 21-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Could it be that Obama was afraid that the terrorist group (c'mon, we ALL know he was initially told it was a 'terrorist attack') which attacked the consulate, killing ambassador Stevens and three other Americans, would turn out to be Hezbollah (vigorously sponsored by Iran)...or even one of these Iranian Revolutionary Guard infiltration teams (such as was just captured in SA)?

I think the answer is simpler...
The uprising in the Middle East and the killing of our Ambassador is just not convenient at this time to him. He has been saying how his foreign policies have been working and all this speaks otherwise. I can just see him saying...we need to push all this past Nov so lets blame the video....lol

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Many common folks can simply and easily lay claims to even donald duck being the murderer of the great ambassador, and get away with it, as it is often only speculation.

But would you expect the head of state of the most powerful nation on Earth to speculate on such a serious thing as the death of a great man. unlike the GOP, which sadly, had attempted to misuse this tragedy for their own political gains.

Investigations are still carrying on on foreign soil, not exactly the most easy thing to do, and worse is to send in troops as the GOP is hanging Secretary of State Mrs Hillary Clinton for not doing in to protect the ambassadorial staff in Libya, when such issues are highly sensitive already in the UN with some irresponsible state screaming that they had been cheated into signing an authorisation for the no-fly-zone intervention.

As for the thread's topic, investigations too are being carried out, for the rule of law to take place as it is a serious matter - an attempt by an ARMED foreign nation into another without invitation that broke all international rules and peace.

Speculations will abound, but it can never deny the fact that an armed intrusion had taken place by Iran into sovereign Saudi terrority, worse during the annual pilgrimage where millions of innocent pilgrims from around the world had gathered if the motive by Iran's fork tongued leader is less than benevolent.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The US and her allies declared war on Iran and Syria quite some time ago- then if Iran does anything, people label it an 'Act of War'.

I must have missed the declaration.
Was there a vote in Congress?

Likewise, has Iran declared war on Saudi Arabi

Sanctions are an 'Act of War'

Funding and training 'rebels' to topple a regime is an 'Act of War'.

I don't believe I made any claim that Iran declared war on Saudi Arabia.

You claimed that the US declared war against Iran. I believe that is not correct.

Well whatever, my point is that America and allies have carried out numerous 'acts of war' against Iran and Syria.

I find it comical that when Iran does something, people label it an act of war like it is one way traffic.

America has not officially delcared war, but they may as well have IMO because they are waging one. That was my point.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Likewise, has Iran declared war on Saudi Arabia?

I wonder if Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Israel, Yemen and the US/UK etc etc etc are all simply tired of Iran and Syria for that matter well known support of groups which do in fact kill their citizens and attack their interests going back a few decades?

edit on 21-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Well can you explain why Iran would be supporting these 'groups' that carry out attacks?

I think once you address the 'why', then you understand this isn't all one way traffic.

Afterall, it is Iran and Syria literally fighting for survival- Iran is trying to survive an economic onslaught whilst Syria is literally fighting a pyhsical battle against forces coming in through Turkey.

In Slayer's bizarro world, they have no right to defend themselves, they just need to concede their nations to powers more in tune with 'American Interests'. Whilst you have not literally said those words, that is what can be inferred from your arguments.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

America has not officially delcared war, but they may as well have IMO because they are waging one. That was my point.

Perhaps America should have declared war, back in November of 1979, when Iran invaded US sovereign territory(the US embassy in Teheran) and held our diplomats and embassy employees hostage for 444 days. This was an act that warranted a different response than what was delivered by our second worst president in history, Jimmy Carter.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
1. Israel needs to do everything and anything to get US support on their little entourage against Iran.

2. As long as the US refuses to lend them their support, Israel wont be able to do anything. They cant even abide by those hatred words they've been barking the last few years.

3. Since Iran shows no interest of being the first to attack and it has been fun to cancel all Israel has tried, Israel is left alone (with their barking) and Bibi is left eating his hat in anger.

4. Saudi Arabia is an US asset. Attacking Israel would look too obvious.

5. If Saudi Arabia is attacked, the US will be forced to defend it.

Now do the math.

So if it walks like an Iranian, talks like an Iranian, spies like an Iranian, dances, potty's, sings like an Iranian. . . it's Israel?

I cant believe some on ATS are still buying into the propaganda that Iran is a threat
I guess we haven't learned anything from the war in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I guess we haven't learned anything from the war in Iraq.

Agent,

Iran is Iran, Iraq is Iraq and a whole other country and set of circumstances.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

just some sort of illegal immigration !

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Perhaps America should have declared war, back in November of 1979, when Iran invaded US sovereign territory(the US embassy in Teheran) and held our diplomats and embassy employees hostage for 444 days. This was an act that warranted a different response than what was delivered by our second worst president in history,
Jimmy Carter.

but I am sure if Jimmy Carter had waged a war against Iran then you would call him the first worst president of USA !
by the way your statements made me remember why Democrats have Iran allergy !!!
edit on 21-10-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The Iranian gov't KNOWS it's got a huge bullseye on it. Why a provocation? This one would stump Spock if true.
reply to post by intrepid

Uhhh... cause they didnt think theyd get caught?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Since you're relatively new to ATS, I'll tell you a little secret: For some members, every bad thing that happens in our world is somehow related to Israel, Zionists, Jews.

we really shouldnt be surprised at this tho, thats how they are raised in places like Iran and palestine, hell the kids shows they grow up to like to alter history, blame everything on the jews.....

even going so far as to say that every historical fragment that Jewish scientist find, that has to do with their history i n the region, is false........

THey actually tell people that artifacts are fake..........its amazing the lengths they will go to......

Hell it was just last week that here on ATS someone was pushing a thread that actually accused Israel of making a virus that only targets people with certain "arab" DNA......seriously?

And WERE the crazy ones drinking the coolaid?

Yet were to believe that its only the US and Israel that spread disinformation and indoctrination AGAINST Iran......

All the while we can see the flat denials to the point where even when provided with evidence and a source , the official reply is "That outlet is run by jews"

I guess theyll keep denying till the MahiMahi comes......and jewish hatred and the antagonistic use of the word "zionist" will continue to be acceptable.........funny how so much hate can be felt in the weight of one word
edit on 21-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Well whatever, my point is that America and allies have carried out numerous 'acts of war' against Iran and Syria.

We aren't at war and if Iran/Syria hasn't declared war in response to something that we have done, then it wasn't an act of war.

Around here I quite often read that "sanctions are an act of war" and other such bollocks. How is it that acts of war are supposedly being committed all over the place without there being any actual war to speak of.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's only an act of war if harm is brought upon them or if they are not released.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

but I am sure if Jimmy Carter had waged a war against Iran then you would call him the first worst president of USA !

He approved a rescue mission that was an utter failure. It was I'll-conceived and poorly planned, which made execution impossible.
Ross Perot, on the other hand, was instrumental in rescuing people in his employ that were trapped in Iran (albeit under different circumstances) during the same time period. He was a businessman, not the POTUS, and he did not have the entire US armed forces at his disposal.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Iran is Iran, Iraq is Iraq and a whole other country and set of circumstances.
Yes , they are different countries.

Same old BS though. And why not, it worked the first time.

Weapons of Mass Destruction.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join