It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Else Get ATS Panic Attacks?????? (internet)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Holy bat crap. Not just ATS, but anytime I have trouble getting on a web site that I am trying to access I always start trying to fix my computer. Laughing my ass off. Oh my god, what did I do? I was denied access to half of ATS and thought for sure I did something wrong and they censured me or limited my access. Does anyone else feel this way when it happens to you? Just curious if I am the only one.

Feel free to share!

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Hello! I think I know what you mean, lol.
We have such a built-in sense of guilt....that we always think we did something wrong! It's like when you're driving and a police car is right behind you. You worry that he is 'running your plate', or going to pull you over....or that they KNOW something (you smoke weed, etc.,..something that makes you feel guilty subconsciously)....
If so....then I think it's pretty common!
jacygirl

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Glad I am not the only one. I was trying to think through everything I had posted the last couple of weeks to see if there was anything I would have been banned for.

Then I switched to thinking maybe there was something big going to happen and TPTB may have shut down ATS so we couldn't communicate on here.

Then the coffee and common sense kicked in and I realized that they had been working on updating the site recently.

It still didn't help the withdrawls I was experiencing from not being able to look up the latest news and opinions from some of the smartest folks on the web.

I even considered looking at FOX news for a moment, but that quickly passed

~OkieDokie
edit on 20-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Once, a long time ago. I had just finished posting what I considered a well thought out, provocative thread, when BAM, my connection went down!

I rebooted, unpluged and reconfigured. Finally, I broke down and called my provider for a hard reboot from their side, and got some sympathy from the techie about my anxiety of abandoning my thread!

Nobody even noticed my absence.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well I had just finished a very well thought out reply to one of my posters on a thread and when I hit reply it went to the access denied screen and I was like oh hell what did I do this time. So, funny how we are conditioned to these situations, happens to me on Yahoo too when I try to get in a game room. I know, just chill right.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For a long time, there was a permanent 404 error in the Really Above Top Secret section, and I just figured it was one of those annoying "exclusive" forums.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
LOL!!
Yep, I had the same reaction this morning. It's especially bad if you've recently had some "excitement" go down on here.

It's like when your boss says "please come to my office."

It's awful! The first reaction for me is always "uh oh..."
it happens sometimes when I see "New Message" alerts, too. I wish there was an emoticon for nail-biting fear....

for the thread. We're all just human. Foibles and all.

edit on 20-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That reminds me of an incident when I was in 2nd grade, all year I kept getting in trouble for acting up and sent to sister Marie's office for my behavior. One day I was told to report to her office and thought I had done something wrong again, lo and behold, she was requesting me to pay me a compliment, it seems I had caught an addition problem by the secretary on one of my visits prior and she wanted to let me know I was going to get a commendation in assembly.

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

My first thought when I saw the big 404 was that somebody finally posted something wild enough for one of the letter agencies to shut down ATS for investigation. Then I remembered that they (ATS) have been preparing to do some changes to the site and I calmed down.

I have experienced panic similar to what you describe before, but it turned out to be a problem with my ISP. I second guessed everything I had done previously and checked EVERYTHING before I called my ISP and found out it was on their end. I must admit I thought I had done something wrong- I'm no computer prodigy!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Does Anyone Else Get ATS Panic Attacks??????

Nope, I certainly don't! Anytime I can't load one of my favorite websites, I just try some of the others. If they load okay, the problem is almost always with the server of the website that didn't load.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Good afternoon. I love that kitty.

ascension211

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good to see someone has the therapy thread up.

I was reading about how this weekend was "it", and how everyone (militia) is on "alert"
(another Drake warning), and *poof*. 404ed.

I went to twitter first, and then found ats's Facebook page to see that the site was down....

I dread the day that the warning becomes the real deal

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I panic all the time

With...

Or without ATS's help.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Congratulations,you are now a member with an ATS addiction.
I am an ATS addict as well and get really bent out of shape if
I can't log on.The oh noes,the sheer panic and the horror of having
to watch tv if I can't log on instead.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm the opposite. When ATS is not in the picture I tend to wander outside and notice this strange, flaming ball of fire in the sky. When ATS is up and working fine ( 99.99% of the time )? That's when I get all my panic attacks.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I was a tad extreme. I really didn't panic that much, I was poking fun at myself. The fact is I am completely prepared to deal without the use of certain luxuries.

I will expound on that at another time in another thread. It's a very interesting story I want to share, just not here in this forum.

Thanks for the replies.

Ascension211
edit on 20-10-2012 by ascension211 because: grammar!

new topics

top topics

join