It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of thousands of people are marching in protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Then please stop replying with genarlisations and your own opinion. Comments such as "If by those in the public sector having to face up to the realities everyone else has to means bending over and not just taking it but thanking the man for doing it I reserve the right to fight against it and keep my virginity." mean what? Avoiding reality?????? I think that's what you mean.
If you believe that my statement is a generalisation so be it. Proves my point about the private sector not being prepared to stand up.

Comments like "we have only had 3% of the cuts so far" - please elucidate or admit that is rhetoric.
That is a fact you can google for yourself and it appears to me that you will not accept anything that takes you outside of your comfort zone.

Like I said you are not ready yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Then please stop replying with genarlisations and your own opinion. Comments such as "If by those in the public sector having to face up to the realities everyone else has to means bending over and not just taking it but thanking the man for doing it I reserve the right to fight against it and keep my virginity." mean what? Avoiding reality?????? I think that's what you mean.
If you believe that my statement is a generalisation so be it. Proves my point about the private sector not being prepared to stand up.

Comments like "we have only had 3% of the cuts so far" - please elucidate or admit that is rhetoric.
That is a fact you can google for yourself and it appears to me that you will not accept anything that takes you outside of your comfort zone.

Like I said you are not ready yet.

You stated you do not work in the public sector, but that you work. By definition that means you work in the private sector - what point are you making? Stand up to what? Free market economies can be messy, but I prefer a free market - are you attempting to make some other kind of point?

Don't ask me to google to quantify claims you make - prove them, I'm not prepared to wade through crap in an attempt to validate your claims (which, I know, will be theory based).

You appear to not be ready for the outside world yet. sorry.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You stated you do not work in the public sector, but that you work. By definition that means you work in the private sector - what point are you making?
Nope I wrote clearly stating My group had been TUPE transferred out of the public sector into the private sector.

Life is never as simple as you seem to believe. I work in the Rail industry that is private sector but funded by public money as many other privatised industries are.

So we are not only at the mercy of the market we also suffer from spending cuts which is why I find your comment about facing up to realities so insulting and uninformed

Don't ask me to google to quantify claims you make - prove them, I'm not prepared to wade through crap in an attempt to validate your claims (which, I know, will be theory based).
Quite. Many like you are not prepared to do the legwork happy to base opinion on what is fed you via the Sun or Sky news. The information I gave you is freely available to any that want to look. You don’t want to.

Free market economies can be messy, but I prefer a free market - are you attempting to make some other kind of point?
Free market
and you claimed your thinking has not been schooled. If you prefer the so called 'free market' don’t complain about the cuts in your pay.

As part of a union we use our strength to get the best deal for our members how does that not fit a 'free market economy?

You appear to not be ready for the outside world yet. sorry.
And you appear to be happy to be told what that real world is

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join