It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the largest online retailers of firearms sees traffic spike following Obama AWB comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
From TTAG

We did see a bump in web traffic immediately after the comment was made during the debate, but not a significant increase in sales.

This is the beginning of our busy season, so sales are up. With the election in general, they are higher than a normal year. We have not seen the dramatic panic buying of 2008. (at least not yet)

The industry has apparently ramped up production in anticipation of a 2008 style run:

The supply of firearms and ammunition is also greater this time around. All manufacturers have increased production in anticipation of greater demand.

As a local anecdote two shops in my area have said their prices are going up across the board next week. Whether or not they actually do or the staff were just playing into the AWB fears so many do only time will tell.

I've noticed several times earlier this year where items I was looking for were out of stock nearly everywhere. Namely AR upper assemblies. I wonder if they were simply not selling stock on hand at the time expecting to sell them now and in the near future at an inflated price.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That's probably simply because Cheaper Than Dirt are one of the top links on google when you search "AK-47 for sale." People were probably trying to figure out what was being discussed and if you could actually buy them or not.

join