Aliens exist due to infinity

page: 2
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ahh.
Another n00b.
Another statement that aliens exist because ...
Another day.
*sigh*

Thing is, until you pull out alien onna stick, ala mode, with a cherry on top, covered in bacon, with beer sauce, absolutely no one really gives a flip.

Who really cares about invisible aliens that no one can see, no one talk to, no one can interact with and no one can detect no matter how sophisticated the sensing equipment is?

There could be Trillions of aliens cultures practically zipping about all over the universe and our galaxy, but, it DOESN'T MATTER, not one little bit, because, we can't see/detect/interact with them, if there even is a 'them' to interact with.

Thus, who cares?

Until you can produce an alien, just one, it doesn't matter if the universe is a veritable ocean teeming with aliens. No one really cares unless you can produce the goods.




posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oneisall
 



there still seems to be alot of confusion


really - so why are you adding to it ?



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by oneisall
 


You say that infinity never ends, and then you claim there are other universes. Isn't this a contradictory statement? If THIS universe never ends (and I agree), then where is there room for another universe? If we could PHYSICALLY fly a spaceship out of this universe, meaning that there's an edge that we must break through, and then break into the edge of another universe, then they can't be called universes. If this infinity goes on forever, then everything here makes up one universe. Right?



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneisall

Originally posted by SpearMint
We don't know that parallel universes exist so you can't make that claim, .
edit on 20-10-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)



Time and motion is a side effect due to the consciousness 'shifting' paralel realities. Time is an illusion.


Huh???? If time is an illusion then it isn't real. How can something that isn't real be a side effect of anything?



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Ahh.
Another n00b.
Another statement that aliens exist because ...
Another day.
*sigh*

Thing is, until you pull out alien onna stick, ala mode, with a cherry on top, covered in bacon, with beer sauce, absolutely no one really gives a flip.

Who really cares about invisible aliens that no one can see, no one talk to, no one can interact with and no one can detect no matter how sophisticated the sensing equipment is?

There could be Trillions of aliens cultures practically zipping about all over the universe and our galaxy, but, it DOESN'T MATTER, not one little bit, because, we can't see/detect/interact with them, if there even is a 'them' to interact with.

Thus, who cares?

Until you can produce an alien, just one, it doesn't matter if the universe is a veritable ocean teeming with aliens. No one really cares unless you can produce the goods.



It's just like gods. You have to have faith that they exist.




posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
lol another person thinks they know more than the entire human race has ever been able to work out.

Matter is finite but what it is expanding into is infinite.



"time" is a side effect from consciousness and the true nature of reality is static.


Time is charging events. All things entropy , they decay and fall apart. It not an illusion cause my our minds its an order of events. If time didn't really exist then we would be able to calculate speed of moving objects.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
then dont aliens NOT exist due to infinity also?



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Gotta love ATS..... "Aliens exist due to Infinity", followed by some esoteric babble... all is one, consciousness... yeah...

While I do believe that the statistics and probabilities speak for life elsewhere - fact is, we have yet to find it.

And then I have to go with Druscilla - Say tomorrow we receive a signal from some folks in some star system 800ly away... once we've decoded it and read "Hey, we're over here" and the religious crazies and the Reptilian Aliens on ATS have come back down to their only marginally less craziness, it means exactly ZIP, NADA, NOTHING.

We can send a message back hoping that once it arrives, 1600 years after they sent theirs, there is still someone listening "over there". And then we'll wait another 1600 years.

What will it mean to the people on Earth? nada. Perhaps increased funding for Science and Education, that would be nice. Other than that, we'll do the same # we've always done.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Your words would surely be meaningless to most. Billions of earth people are illusion-bounded to the reality imposed to them by other than themselves. You say that earth man should realize the naturalness of life not just on this cursed planet but then I'll tell you, he himself shall never escape this prison because in all actuality, he still does not know that he is a prisoner. Yet beyond this, I humbly congralute you, for realizing that hidden truth is surely a treasure you would never regret that you have found! Move from that ground my friend, for you and anyone else deserve to travel the infinite road of eternal knowledge gifted to all men!



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
EDIT: Hi OP, brave topic. Lots of people don't wanna argue the PHILOSOPHY of aliens -- they just wanna argue the rational science of whether or not they exist according to "the proof we have" (rolleyes)

The case for aliens:

~Megaliths (star-watching rocks always seem to focus on specific star groups like Pleiades)
~Temples, structures, monuments, mounds with elements visible only from sky or through mathematics
~Organized human civilization with records referring to sky-faring or "descending" gods (Maya, Egypt, India, etc.)
~Records of disaster averted or avoided, prophecy, inspiration (i.e. Noah's Ark, Joan of Arc, Jesus, etc.)
~Ancient records/sagas regarding battles between races no longer thought to exist on earth, i.e. the Nordic record of the death of the giants (matches flood story a bit), the Giants of Enoch, etc.


Case against aliens:
~little or no evidence;
i.e no bodies, technology, or spacecraft recovered (unless we are lied to about Area 51, which personally I attribute to the Nazi Bell [1943 not that far from 1947 is it lol]).
~No direct communication via hijacking of public communications systems or use of existing mail systems
~Humans unwilling to accept that they might not be SUPERIOR to alien life; humans hostile.
~Extreme shyness: ET does not seem to want to manifest itself to the public...


Keep reading:

Why some of the "case against" traits might be "negative proof" (i.e. signs of intelligent life evading notice):
~An intelligent species which does not wish to provoke a war would not want to reveal its presence on earth
~Revealing oneself might alert humans to the source planet/solar system of the organism, prompting an attack or unwanted exploration
~Foreign life might not be happy with the spiritual condition of humanity and wish to refrain from interaction (we might be their demons and not vice versa)
~They prefer to communicate telepathically to reduce physical stress on their bodies and to reduce shock in the recipient; space travel is not harmless after all
~They are too busy helping races that appreciate it instead of killing their teachers


EITHER WAY, I hope we get to find out soon. It would be very nice to meet a race that provides an example of how to act and how to advance. We can wipe our ***** on this "white world" we have today. lol
edit on 23-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
then dont aliens NOT exist due to infinity also?


Everything you can imagine, your thoughts, ANYTHING, does exists in one way or another. Parallel realities do exists with every outcome possible! billions and billions and billions and billions of these universes exists and many more within All That Is.Everything you can imagine, your thoughts, ANYTHING, does exists in one way or another. Parallel realities do exists with every outcome possible! billions and billions and billions and billions of these universes exists and many more within...

With all things being equally possible in the infinite, and with "Everything you can imagine...." I imagine aliens do not exist...and that people are made of fried snickers...and so it was as always...the infinite possibilities have just nulled themselves and we are left what we have. probability
edit on 23-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
then dont aliens NOT exist due to infinity also?


Everything you can imagine, your thoughts, ANYTHING, does exists in one way or another. Parallel realities do exists with every outcome possible! billions and billions and billions and billions of these universes exists and many more within All That Is.Everything you can imagine, your thoughts, ANYTHING, does exists in one way or another. Parallel realities do exists with every outcome possible! billions and billions and billions and billions of these universes exists and many more within...

With all things being equally possible in the infinite, and with "Everything you can imagine...." I imagine aliens do not exist...and that people are made of fried snickers...and so it was as always...the infinite possibilities have just nulled themselves and we are left what we have. probability
edit on 23-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)




we are left what we have. probability
edit on 23-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

To you sir, I say: (Taken from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (I think)

"Infinite Improbability Drive" (LMFAO)


"The infinite improbability drive is a wonderful new method of crossing interstellar distances in a mere nothingth of a second, without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace. It was discovered by lucky chance, and then developed into a governable form of propulsion by the Galactic Government's research center on Damogran."





...The aliens WILL get you, one way or another.
Dr. Who says also, "DON'T BLINK!!!!"



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Druscilla

Ahh.
Another n00b.
Another statement that aliens exist because ...
Another day.
*sigh*

Thing is, until you pull out alien onna stick, ala mode, with a cherry on top, covered in bacon, with beer sauce, absolutely no one really gives a flip.

Who really cares about invisible aliens that no one can see, no one talk to, no one can interact with and no one can detect no matter how sophisticated the sensing equipment is?

There could be Trillions of aliens cultures practically zipping about all over the universe and our galaxy, but, it DOESN'T MATTER, not one little bit, because, we can't see/detect/interact with them, if there even is a 'them' to interact with.

Thus, who cares?

Until you can produce an alien, just one, it doesn't matter if the universe is a veritable ocean teeming with aliens. No one really cares unless you can produce the goods.



It's just like gods. You have to have faith that they exist.




Nope ,i would say common sense, the law of averages that they exist is often ignored , what is the law of averages that God exists.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
In fact, the "Law of Averages" is the thing here that doesn't exist, as there is no such law.

Harte



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
In fact, the "Law of Averages" is the thing here that doesn't exist, as there is no such law.

Harte
The law of infinity states that if you can imagine it, it exists. Therefore, "the law of averages" exists....but it has to become a bill first.

I love this thread because I imagine that I am always right.
edit on 24-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle

we are left what we have. probability

To you sir, I say: (Taken from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (I think)

"Infinite Improbability Drive" (LMFAO)


"The infinite improbability drive is a wonderful new method of crossing interstellar distances in a mere nothingth of a second, without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace. It was discovered by lucky chance, and then developed into a governable form of propulsion by the Galactic Government's research
I imagine that somewhere back in my brain that I remembered that book that I read many years ago.



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla
 


With all due respect on who you're calling a noob, infinity is why we're here, for finite would have finished in the first cycle, a long time ago.

Infinity is the ultimate clue to all, and you're comment/post displayed not only arrogance and rudeness, but pure ignorance.

And the number of stars this really pathetic post got, shows that ignorance is a real epidemic.

And nothing you can ever say, takes away from what others know first hand.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Druscilla
 


With all due respect on who you're calling a noob, infinity is why we're here, for finite would have finished in the first cycle, a long time ago.

Infinity is the ultimate clue to all, and you're comment/post displayed not only arrogance and rudeness, but pure ignorance.

And the number of stars this really pathetic post got, shows that ignorance is a real epidemic.

And nothing you can ever say, takes away from what others know first hand.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)


You sure use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. You use an abstract concept, "Infinity", that you apparently don't understand and squeeze it into your own esoteric beliefs - thereby demonstrating your own "infinite" ignorance.

Here's to infinity:
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.”
― Robert Wilensky


edit on 24-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Druscilla
 


With all due respect on who you're calling a noob, infinity is why we're here, for finite would have finished in the first cycle, a long time ago.

Infinity is the ultimate clue to all, and you're comment/post displayed not only arrogance and rudeness, but pure ignorance.

And the number of stars this really pathetic post got, shows that ignorance is a real epidemic.

And nothing you can ever say, takes away from what others know first hand.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)
I imagine you are a lowly mosquito from a distant planet that hitched a ride on a meteor and then landed on my computer monitor which I than swatted only to wipe the innards off with a stray piece of toilet paper stuck to my shoe.
edit on 24-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You know you bring up a interesting logical perspective. I've often wondered that if the universe is infinite in size then eventually on some distant moon or planet in some distant galaxy there has got to be something very similar to ET. Something very similar to the Xenomorph from the movie aliens, chewbacca, heck even the Predator must exist somewhere in he infinite universe. I know these creatures are figments of our own imagination here on earth. But since the universe is infinite. Somewhere thee things should have evolved if not by pure chance due to the universe's infinite size.





new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join