It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicknames, petnames, what do you call your family, what do they call you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
We have fun with names in our house.

My son (9) came up with his just the other day.

Awesome Potato

My wife, the name I call her stems from a Scrabble game she tried to cheat at years ago. Ballou.

Me? Big Daddy beezzer, again, courtesy of my son.

What are some of yours?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My wife has taken to calling our newborn nephew "Dune Buggy".

i am quite fond of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Cute! When our youngest was born, we called him, "Mouse".

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I have nephews, squishy and fart sparkle...fart sparkle named him self by the way.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I have nephews, squishy and fart sparkle...fart sparkle named him self by the way.

Those are brilliant!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dad. That's it. Kids, friends, family. Lame I know, but I'm kind of like the father figure to everyone.

My house is the most interesting, it's known as the refugee camp, or the hub. Mainly because people just crash there all the time, there's always people coming and going. There's two extra friends staying the night who just turned up "for a few drinks" right now, and recently my boarder welcomed her son into the world, and became another resident of the refugee camp...

The pets are known as Meatbrick (dog) coz she has stumpy little legs and a big fat body and looks like a little brick on little legs.

The cat is called Sped (Special Needs) Cat because he's always going cross-eyed, especially when you yell at him for licking himself there, and he just looks like a he's not all there.
edit on 20-10-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My family calls me Opie or Ope because that's what my father called me. The Andy Grifith show was his favorite and evidently I looked like a young Ron Howard, minus the gingerness.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I call my son "Monkey" and have since day one, it is not original but it's his nickname.

Fart Sparkle made me laugh. Original and funny!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Whilst my wife was pregnant with our daughter in the last trimester she wasn't very mobile so we'd often just spend our nights watching lost. I jokingly referred to our daughter as ''Fish biscuit'' which kinda' stuck. To this day i still refer to my daughter as fish biscuit.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I call my grandson Junior...because he reminds me of myself when I was his age....always in trouble at school for acting out in class.

There are about 50 kids who call me Papaw because that is what my grandkids call me and the other kids know me by that name and I am like a grandfather to them.

I have a daughter we call Too Tall because...she's tall, another one we call Satan because she was an evil terror when she was a teenager

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My son is Doodle. No idea why, he just seems like a doodle to me.

I had a student once named Rocket. It wasn't a nickname, that was his real name. I asked his mother why, she told me its because "he slid out like a rocket." Still makes me laugh.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

When I was a kid my Dad called me Guppy. He said it was because I was all mouth and tail and I practically lived in the water.

I have called my youngest daughter Punky for years. Since she was a small child she has always been one to pull silly pranks and I always told her she was being punky -and the name stuck.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was known as "Jammers" a play on my initials.

My Ex and I call our son affectionately "Gordo" which means fatty or chunky in Spanish my Ex-wife is from Guatemala and when he was a baby he was a chunky cheeked little round ball. Now he stands 6' 2" and is ripped but the name still sticks in private.
My Daughter we called "The little one" she is petite like her mom.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

My former co-workers called me lizard,my family calls me
Mamabeth or Beth.
My husband calls me his sugar plum and mama.I call him
the grouchy,old goat and daddy.
My boy kitty I call him garbage gut,the little girl kitty I call her
mouse and the himilayan I call her brat cat or bad girl.

new topics

top topics

join