It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 October 2012 Interview of David Icke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

He is risking his life as much as anyone that takes the spotlight into public conscience (any "celebrity"), the content he presents is not unique, in fact much of what it says is common sense and extrapolation of possibilities mixed with some more fringe theories...

The part regarding social criticism is generally spot on and the message can be said to be in general terms useful to those that are incapable or prevented to think by themselves on deeper issues.

I put him at the same level of the other dude that was posted on ATS that claims to channel an ET. To me it is sad that most philosophical dialog today that gets any traction or attention by the general public are by these type of "cultural aggregators" and show men, that have no real innovative content but simple mash up cool concepts...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
He is risking his life as much as anyone that takes the spotlight into public conscience (any "celebrity") . . .

I disagree.

He's not a celebrity in the sense of being famous; he's a whistle blower. Whistle blowers do what they do at great peril to themselves.

Icke has learned what he knows by using the resources we all have, connecting the dots with his own intuition, and by learning from contacts who have personal, first-hand knowledge and have shared information with him once he became a public figure.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Calling David Icke a whistle blowers is like calling Stephen Hawking an astronaut. It makes no sense, you can probably call him a guru of sort since that is how he operates but not a whistle blower since he is not uncovering any specifics regarding an institution secret agenda unless you have truly brought the full package that he is "selling" and think he is unique in regards to the insights he transmits (that can happen if you are not aware and informed). In fact most of his most dedicated followers are indeed going against part of the message he transmits about thinking for themselves and the necessity of challenging not only the message but the messengers (again common sense).

He is using common sense in most parts and general informations mixing that with some new age stuff and adding a bit of fringe concepts and mashing it up some extrapolations of his own and a few of his unique view points (very few, even the issue of the reptilians is not a creation of Icke). I haven't spent much time analyzing his message but I have a hard time finding anything that I can truly source to him as the creator.

This does not mean that I do not find some of the ideas he popularizes as valid and requiring attention but to me he is not special or unique as much as he himself likes to portray himself. Hence why I to a point support the view that he is a con man or at least a show man and indeed a self made celebrate of sorts (to those that drink his message without understanding that he is not the source of the ideas behind it). I doubt that anyone would go to the effort of attempting to off him beyond a deranged person seeking media attention...

edit on 20-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

No, it really isn't. He really believes it, a lot of people do, a lot of people claim to have had personal experiences with them.

Well, I certainly wouldn't argue the point. I'm willing to be wrong on this one. I am familiar with the claims people have made. I did a fair amount of research on this subject some time back.

The information isn't just made up recently, it's ancient history, all around the world.

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth is the most brazen example I know of, the account is quite detailed describing the interdimensional character of the reptilians.

I'm also familiar with the ancient history that is available to us publicly, and I have read a good portion of the tablets. I do however, question the authenticity of the history that is available to us, especially the tablets.

Maybe that'll convince you that people really believe this literally, it's not a metaphor for jews..

I know there are people who believe it literally. I'm just not convinced Icke does. Though it's certainly possible. How did the Jews come into this exchange?

I won't say it's impossible, but I've not read anything that convinces me reptilian aliens are running the earth. I will say that I would feel better if they were, because it pains me greatly to think my own species is capable of the atrocities that have been committed on this planet.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Could you change the tags on your outside text quote to the "ex" tags while there's time - you have two hours - and do you have a link for the Emerald Tablets of Thoth you're quoting?

Sorry, too late..
Anyway, here's the source:

www.crystalinks.com...

Originally posted by Klassified

I'm also familiar with the ancient history that is available to us publicly, and I have read a good portion of the tablets. I do however, question the authenticity of the history that is available to us, especially the tablets.

After doing a little bit of digging it appears that the Emerald Tablets that I quoted is false, I haven't found the source of the hoax but I'm sorry for posting false information.
Nevertheless, similar information can be found worldwide, though nothing as explicit as far as I know, but as you said, you already know that.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

After doing a little bit of digging it appears that the Emerald Tablets that I quoted is false, I haven't found the source of the hoax but I'm sorry for posting false information. Nevertheless, similar information can be found worldwide, though nothing as explicit as far as I know, but as you said, you already know that.

No apology necessary. Oftentimes, there are little gems and nuggets that make their way into "hoaxes" that can lead one in a whole new direction. Even a Sorcha Faal story can have a lead worth following up.

Yes, it seems there is much about reptilians everywhere historically. It does tend to make one curious.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Great interview I recommend people check it out

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Does that not make ATS just as bad?
No, ATS is worse because we are "spewing unprovable fantasies" and they make the money off the adds and donations.
See how that works?
Making money does not equal a conman.
I'm not saying David Icke is telling the truth, or that he is not a conman.
I am just sick of people saying a person is not credible because he makes money.
If I have "proof" I would sell it for the most i could get, it's not like you can get a job after saying the stuff some of these guys say.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I agree about the whistle blower thing. He's not a whistle blower.

Further info:

He worked for two months in Saudi Arabia in 1975, helping them run their national football team; it was intended to be a longer-term position, but he missed his wife and new daughter so much that he decided not to return after his first holiday back to the UK. He got his job back at BRMB, then applied successfully to work for Midlands Today at the BBC's Pebble Mill studios in Birmingham, and in 1981 moved on to become a sports presenter for the BBC's national programme, Newsnight. The following year he achieved his ambition when offered a job co-hosting Grandstand, at the time the BBC's flagship national sports programme.

Grandstand was a big deal in the UK, he wasn't just some crummy daytime tv presenter, he hit the jackpot in terms of his television career. No minor feat.

He continued to work for BBC Sport until 1990, often on Grandstand and snooker programmes, and also at the 1988 Summer Olympics, but despite his professional success – he was by then a household name – a career in television began to lose its appeal for him. He wrote in Tales from the Time Loop (2003) that he was beginning to find television workers insincere, shallow, and vicious, with rare exceptions.

He didn't like attitudes of his colleagues.

His contract with the BBC was terminated in August 1990 thanks to a political row, when he refused to pay his Community Charge, a controversial local tax introduced that year in England by Margaret Thatcher. He did end up paying it, but his announcement that he was willing to go to jail rather than pay prompted the BBC, by charter an impartial public-service broadcaster, to distance itself from him.

So basically, he stood up for what he believed and it cost him his career. How many of you would do that? I think it's quite admirable personally.

edit on 21-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
He's not a whistle blower.

He's not a whistle blower in the sense of someone who works in a black project, sees what is going on, leaves and then speaks publicly about it.

But he's still a whistle blower because he has taken the time that it takes to investigate what's really going on in the world, analyzed it using his own perspective, and courageously spoken out about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

Originally posted by AgentX09
I think David Icke and the word'free are a contradiction in terms.

David Icke doesnt live a ordinary life where he is working for a corporation from 9 am to 5 pm every day to get money. He has devoted his life into researching this topic and has spent 20 years doing it now.

He gets his income from his books and his interviews. So far he has not found a way to survive on air, but if you know a way, please share.

Exactly. People complain how much money he must be making, but how else is he supposed to dedicate his life to sharing his knowledge if he can't fund it somehow?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is from Project Camelot:

In Conversation with David Icke

Sedona, Arizona, February 2009

David Icke, one of the most visible, outspoken and controversial speakers and writers about the Illuminati and the New World Order control agenda, will need practically no introduction to most readers of this page.

We've been in touch with David since November 2006, when Camelot was relatively young. We had an interview arranged then, but David had to cancel due to an emergency; and several later attempts to reschedule it all met with logistical problems. Finally - over two years later! - we caught up with him in Sedona, and were able to sit down for a long conversation with him about his life and his work.

This is not an interview specifically about the information he's researched and presents so lucidly in his famous long presentations, and in his many books - all of which are packed with references, anecdotes and encyclopedic detail. It's more about the man behind his mission; what makes him tick, and what keeps him going; the source of his inner resolve; and, notably - anyone who mistakes David for a doomsayer, take note - his vision for Planet Earth: "The idea that this might not all have a successful outcome", he told us, "Never occurs to me."

David's unflinching and remarkable commitment to his cause has made life far easier for many who have come after him - including ourselves. We owe him our own vote of thanks, and in this two hour FutureTalk we pay tribute to his life's work, and to the man who is still standing after all these years, still marching on that road less traveled, determined to present what he suspects is the truth, whatever it is.

Google Video Link

Here is Project Camelot's transcript of the interview: David Icke Interview Transcript

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
david icke thinks boxcar willie is a reptilian.

and how can he go thru life actually believing what he says.

according to him and in his world, we are all already enslaved. God doesn't exist in his narrative and the forces of evil have already won.

there is no hope, and the only way out if you truly experienced this existence is death.

I can't believe that. that we've already lost.

the main points of a global conspiracy and unseen forces trying to control humanity may be true, but it is possible he is being deceived into believing satan and his army are extraterrestrial, thus abandoning humanities only hope, God.

but there is tremendous good in the world also. and the only victory they can claim is to make you not see it.

God is there, and will always be there.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

If he were living like a king then I would have to ask myself whether or not I'm being bamboozled. But he's not doing that, is he?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I think that David Icke sees the concept of God as being the consciousness of love that is present throughout the cosmos, and yes, it is there, always.

I think his message is that our future (humanity's) is in our own hands. The evil of which he speaks could be counteracted by our actions if we choose to do so. No one else is going to save us. We have to save us. His most recent book is Human Race Get Off Your Knees.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In this Alex Jones interview of Joel Skousen, Skousen says

. . . This is a Satanic conspiracy ultimately . . .

It may be that the word "Satanic" should be associated with the word "reptilian," literally, and David Icke is pointing in the right direction.

Begin listening at 1:07:30 (although I highly recommend the whole video for expert analysis):

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

At the end of that video, I heard Skousen say:

I personally think, as I say, there's a Satanic component to this conspiracy, and I think they get revelation from the dark side about future things.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Im sure this interview is as great as the rest of them, but personally, Im more excited about his live Wembley Arena presentation in London on October 27:th where he will speak in front of several thousands of people. The entire event is also streamed live across the world.

They just finished Part 1. They're on a one hour break for lunch.

I see they do have a Chat. Hmmmm. Maybe I should try it out. (In the past, I've found Chat to be nerve-racking, though.
)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

They just finished Part 1. They're on a one hour break for lunch.

They're in the final part, regarding what do we do about it?

Here's a screenshot:

The music is Irish.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

But Im pretty sure this whole thing will be on youtube within a day or so after the event.

Is anyone aware of a YouTube video or series of videos?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join