It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bald Eagle Catches Salmon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is not a new video or anything, it was just a video I came across as I was browsing YouTube.

It's a Bald Eagle catching a salmon.

I can't believe these guys were almost hunted to extinction! Our national bird!

Look at those claws!

Once devastated by hunting and pesticide use, the eagle has made a triumphant comeback, from 417 male-female pairs in the continental USA in 1963 to nearly 10,000 now

Link

Such majestic birds

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
They're not even affraid of bears apparently...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well its not a bald eagle but this is awesome!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Here is my conspiracy theory. There are three perfectly still cameras,angled perfectly and focused precisely centered upon the exact spot where the eagle grabs the fish. Salmon pinned beneath the surface of the water anyone? Hoax bin it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

its amazing how long they wait for these pics

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
Here is my conspiracy theory. There are three perfectly still cameras,angled perfectly and focused precisely centered upon the exact spot where the eagle grabs the fish. Salmon pinned beneath the surface of the water anyone? Hoax bin it.

HOAX bin not
edit on 20/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Awesome footage!
f&s

But does it bother anyone else that the narrator calls it the "bald headed eagle"? It is a 'bald eagle', and it is not actually 'bald headed'. Maybe I'm just being pedantic.

edit on 20/10/12 by Curious and Concerned because: formatting

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

professional tricks of the trade - the fish are probably dead, the bird possibly tame

much more cost/time effective - why spend three weeks getting a shot when you can get it in three days?

wildlife documentaries take massive liberties - the current trend is telling an individual animals story - this 'named' individual animal is frequently a composite of footage of many different individuals, edited to tell a story

edit on 20-10-2012 by aynock because: filled out

top topics

join