It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Toads n Killer Carp!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Cain Toads are taking over Australia. They say they were introduced as a way to try and eat cain beattles. Then they started to multiply and now they're an epidemic there.

However, I don't think the cover story is true....

I think they were purposefully introduced as a BIOLOGICAL WEAPON! Someone was wanting to perform an experiment or even an attack on Australia using a biological weapon. Knowing full well the climate and conditions of Aust were perfect for allowing these creatures to explode in numbers and gradually become an epidemic!

Similar to how someone introduced the Asian Carp into the US waterways and allowed that to take over. And now there is a chance someone might try and get the fish over into the Great lakes allowing it to spread and take over the great lakes.

Do you think these could be COVERT ATTACKS on G20 nations in a way that looks natural and unassuming???

this is no joke....these Asian Carp are so aggressive they'll even attack people in there own boats.... look.....

WATCH THIS ONE....(2:19 to 2:27 the fish win!)

Any predator that eats a cane toad dies of poisoning, as the toads are extremely poisonous.
Current Number in Australia: 200+ million....
Amount of babies 1 female toad can produce 30,000+

edit on 20-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Its fun to just make stuff up isn't it?
Just 60 seconds worth of research and you will find your hypothesis invalid.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

What do you mean? They both have these stupid cover stories of accidentally being introduced. What a joke. I bet it was a tar-or-est attack, done in a covert fashion.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Cane toads were imported from Hawaii where they are used effectively to control cane beetles and other pests.The problem is that Australia has no predators that eat the cane toads, hence overpopulation.

Like I said before, 60 seconds worth of research!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

they got tons of preditors in australia. But the cane toad is so poisonous that the moment the preditor eats the toad, then the preditor is poisoned and dies. So in a way they have no predidtors.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I'm gonna go with you on this one and say there really is no conspiracy here.

The Cane Toad (note the spelling), was introduced to Northern Australia to eat the Cane Bug which was destroying crops at the time.

Native to Central and South America, Cane toads were introduced to Australia from Hawaii in June 1935 by the Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations in an attempt to control the native cane beetle (Dermolepida albohirtum). These beetles are native to Australia and they are detrimental to sugar cane crops, which are a major source of income for Australia. Adult cane beetles eat the crop's leaves, but the main problem is the larvae, who feed on the roots.

Source

Unfortunately the Cane Toad ate everything except the Cane Bug, and bred like wildfire, so much so they have spread into the Northern Territory and the Kimberlies as your map shows, and you even find them as far south as northern NSW.

People have been introducing pest species for different reasons since they discovered Australia, take the fox for example, introduced to Australia to give Englishmen something to hunt.

Red Foxes were introduced to the British colonies of Van Diemen's Land (as early as 1833) and the Port Phillip District and Sydney Regions of New South Wales (as early as 1845) for the purpose of the traditional English sport of fox hunting.

It's just a case of stupidity of people who didn't understand the force they were unleashing. Besides, it gives us something to do when all else fails....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Those are just cover stories to create plausable deniability!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It was just poor strategy introducing them, nothing more. Just like the fox and dozens of other creatures.
Also that map with their progress is crap itself. Only recently hit Darwin a few years ago. Not in Western Australia yet, from what I’ve heard. Also they’ll only stay up north as it’s too cold for them to really hit far south into New South Wales.

I was in Queensland a few years ago. Friend’s dog likes them to get high. Funniest thing you’ll ever see, or up there anyway.

Give them a few decades and they'll stabilise as the food runs out.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Carp are a conspiracy against good taste I tried to eat on once they taste like mud.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

No, just stupid people not testing something before they unleash a non-native species into a very unique ecosystem.

There was even a conspiracy theory about the Canberra bushfires being an ecological terrorist attack because the fires almost surrounded Canberra like a ring.

2003 Canberra Bushfires

Look at the animation there. Although correct, there's no way to control such a thing as a bushfire as a terrorist attack. It's just too unpredictable and uncontrollable when there are easier ways to create a terrorist event. That's why bombs work well. Because people both fear and remember them. Look at 9/11 and the Bali Bombings. 10 years plus on, and they still stick out in people's minds.

My way of looking at the theory is the why. The only reason someone would introduce an invasive species as an eco-terrorist attack is to damage an economy. The Cane Toad was introduced in 1935. Last time I looked, the sugar cane industry in Australia is still going strong, the only damage done is to native species.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

I'm about 2 hours north of Brisbane and trust me they are everywhere. I've even seen them as far south as Byron Bay and the Gold Coast hinterland. The only difference is the further north you go the bigger they get.

They are up in the Kimberlies, have been for at least for five years or so. My brother works up that way, and he has photos of them.

Don't know about Darwin, but I have heard of people saying that they have been in Arnhem Land for at least a few years, but it stands to reason they would spread given how they breed, especially across the tropics.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

For clarity, who do you think introduced these species as a means of terrorism?

edit on 20/10/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This is no different than the mongoose introduction in Hawaii. They introduced it to control rats, and it ended up decimating the native birds on all the islands except Kauai, which refused to allow them. No terrorism, just the stupidity of introducing an animal with no way to control it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by r2d246

For clarity, who do you think introduced these species as a means of terrorism?

edit on 20/10/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Someone who got suckered into buying a crappy time share in Aussi?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's called ego-tare-or-is-em

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Is it me or did those angry carp have lasers too?

I think we just need to get those carp into our food and they will be extint in no time.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC

I was in Queensland a few years ago. Friend’s dog likes them to get high. Funniest thing you’ll ever see, or up there anyway.

Since many drugs are actually poisons I was wondering about this. Maybe dried toad smokes well....
edit on 20-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
SMH
The Cane Toad was introduced by Bart Simpson, sheesh don't you watch TV ;P LOL
en.wikipedia.org...
liked the AU climate so much & with no natural predators they have became a pest

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The Cane Toad was introduced by Bart Simpson, sheesh don't you watch TV ;P LOL

Oops, sorry bout that. Guess we have to blame some Yank, it may as well be Bart..

liked the AU climate so much & with no natural predators they have became a pest

You mean Cane Toads or the Simpsons? They have both reached epedemic levels in this country

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
FF to 2:18...... at

2:20 he gets hit in the face.....At

2:21 he gets hit in the back......And a

2:23 he gets it from the side. Clearly this was a well coordinated attack from multiple sides meant to disable the victim.

edit on 21-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join