It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bringing Schrödinger's Cat to Life - All the mysteries of Quantum Mechanics in one thought experie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by ImaFungi

Dear ImaFungi,

LOL. You managed to not answer anything I asked you. Why did we spend billions to create machines that cannot do their job? Are you smarter than all of those physicists because I am not, are they all just thieves?

what we were talking about didnt have anything to do with the particle accelerator i dont think...

I think they are good at plotting what they perceive,,, I dont think they totally and fully understand the implications or what exactly it is they are looking at,,, and I think sometimes they may prescribe or infer behavior or meanings that are not accurate to events that occur with particles, anti, virtual and all,, in a measurement situation,, vacuums,,, particle accelerator

Dear ImaFungi,

Stand up for what you believe, be brave and proud. You stated that scientists are measuring something that cannot be measured. Your argument is with them, you apparently know more that Mr. Hawking and Dr. Michio Kaku, they are published and pier reviewed, they follow scientific methods. Please correct them, neither is a Christian.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
LOL Well, at least the piers agree.
Did you perhaps mean "peers"? Homophones are so unfair.

I'll make a brave and bold statement here: Humans have a whole lot of bad "science". In fact, most of it is bad.This is simply because we have an extremely limited field of vision where nature is concerned and we further limit that field of vision with silly requirements for nature to jump through totally irrelevant hoops. Arrogant, aren't we? Still, we will soon see that things really are intuitive, though for those whose thoughts are stymied by current scientific dogma it seems counter-intuitive. Don't worry. You'll recover.

Everything is very simple and elegant. Getting to that level of understanding may take a convoluted path but you mechanical folk will catch on before too long...I hope. All is not made of Tinkertoys. Prepare to be amazed.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

reply to post by ImaFungi

Dear ImaFungi,

LOL. You managed to not answer anything I asked you. Why did we spend billions to create machines that cannot do their job? Are you smarter than all of those physicists because I am not, are they all just thieves?

what we were talking about didnt have anything to do with the particle accelerator i dont think...

I think they are good at plotting what they perceive,,, I dont think they totally and fully understand the implications or what exactly it is they are looking at,,, and I think sometimes they may prescribe or infer behavior or meanings that are not accurate to events that occur with particles, anti, virtual and all,, in a measurement situation,, vacuums,,, particle accelerator

Dear ImaFungi,

Stand up for what you believe, be brave and proud. You stated that scientists are measuring something that cannot be measured. Your argument is with them, you apparently know more that Mr. Hawking and Dr. Michio Kaku, they are published and pier reviewed, they follow scientific methods. Please correct them, neither is a Christian.

your picking the wrong fight,,, what are you accusing me of and why? were we not talking about the significance of "the observer effect"/ the measurement problem/double slit/wave particle duality .... those topics implications and meanings? now i remember i may have asked some questions about schrodingers cat and the meaning or implication,,, I dont think anyone answered with knowledge to discuss,, I always ask questions genuinely interested in the answer.,. I think as smart as hawking is,, he is lacking,,, michio kaku is pretty cool and smart,.,. i dont know too much about string theory.... I love the scientific method,, I question the crap out of everything and dont believe in anything or think that i know anything unless I ask every possible question to make sure I know what i dont know,, and know the signifigance of what is knowable,, why,, what it means,, what it is,, etc...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join