It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Curiosity Rover Finds More Shiny Objects on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

NASA's Curiosity Rover Finds More Shiny Objects on Mars

news.yahoo.com

When NASA's Curiosity rover found a shiny object on Mars last week, researchers believed it was just part of the rover. But now, the rover has found more bright objects in Mars' soil, leading NASA officials to believe it is something native to the planet.
NASA sent commands to Curiosity Monday to take a third sample of soil from Mars to learn more about the shiny objects.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, as you see form the link there isn't to much on this yet. I just find it interesting that they jumped to conclusions the first time, 'confirming' that the shiny object was part of the rover, now they are back tracking and saying, "well, perhaps this IS NOT part of the rover.."

Anyways, it will be interesting to watch this develop and see what we find.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

If NASA was in fact the one to announce the new shinny object find, that will be a hard pill to swallow for all the NASA critics. Then there is the possibility that they already know it will be a clue that leads nowhere.

Interesting either way.....
Speaking of things that Leads nowhere, Nice break in all the election news

edit on 20-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Now,

This is starting to become very intriguing. Thanks for the heads up.

Lot's of speculation. I can't wait to see what their excuse, I mean explanation is this time.

edit on 20-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What's wrong with calling it ice? I thought mars had some forms of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

The first shiny object "Ice" they found looked more like an insect pupal case

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
yeah, im just curious to see what comes out of this. i find it highly unlikely that they would even release any 'major' finds to us anyways.
Or perhaps they are just subtly getting us used to the idea of strange things on mars before releasing something big.
All speculation at this point.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Now,

This is starting to become very intriguing. Thanks for the heads up.

Lot's of speculation. I can't wait to see what their excuse, I mean explanation is this time.

edit on 20-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yeah,
Im just waiting for the next roll of B.S. to come out.
"Turns out its just leftover foil from the rovers in-flight butterfingers candy bar"

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
What's wrong with calling it ice? I thought mars had some forms of it.

Expecially since these "bight particles" (not shiny objects!!) were found in a hole scooped by the rover!

"At that point when they first saw the bright particles in the hole created by the second scoop they weren't sure what they were," NASA spokesman, Guy Webster, told ABCNews.com.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by milkyway12

The first shiny object "Ice" they found looked more like an insect pupal case

That's not a bad thought to be honest. Digging into the soil, who knows what the surface goes through for insects of some sort coming up once every 'season'.. we have some bugs on earth that can lay dormant under ground for years before coming up just eat mate and die, just when the elements are right.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We've sent some ~20 successful missions to Mars...as in what we threw at Mars got there. Crashed, banged and/or landed. Orbiters decay and landers run down; we shouldn't forget the junk we leave, like parachutes, either.

The point I'm getting at is that we might find out that these 'bright particles' are terrestrial and from any number of pieces of equipment and debris being eroded and whipped around Mars by the weather.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Why is there such a shock about finding "shiny" objects in the soil? Were they not expecting this?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Why does it sound like NASA has ADD?

"We've discovered alien li-. . . . ooh! A shiny object!"

"We've discovered water on Ma-. . . . oooh! Another shiny object!"

"We've found Obama's birth certi-. . . . . oooh! More shiny objects!"

edit on 20-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Why does it sound like NASA has ADD?

"We've discovered alien li-. . . . ooh! A shiny object!"

"We've discovered water on Ma-. . . . oooh! Another shiny object!"

"We've found Obama's birth certi-. . . . . oooh! More shiny objects!"

edit on 20-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Beezer, I'll go with the Obama Birth........... OH WOW IT SHINES!!!!! For 500 please?

What if, and this is just a what if... What if these are parts from some other civilisation that sent a probe to Mars maybe in our own distant past? Then they would certainly show as terrestrial in origin, but not be "ours" persay.

Just spiffballing ideas here...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Double Post, these 404's are getting annoying
edit on 20-10-2012 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Interesting that NASA would come out with "we don't know what it is line".people do kind of think it's nothing if NASA says something about it though.

i'll flag this & keep my ears to the ground & eyes wide..could get interesting this...or just vanish into nothing in a few days.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm not holding my breath waiting on NASA... Don't forget NASA stands for "Never A Straight Answer"

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I feel like this back tracking may be evidence that NASA is hiding something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they did analyze the previous object right? They should have concluded it was part of something native to mars then, unless they were just staying quiet. Now that many of these objects have been found, they have no choice but to admit its not part of the rover.

Strange behavior if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

There was little news coverage of this when i saw this in SOL66, we are on SOL73
A few mistakes regarding which hole in the video...but shows this thing up close.

Skip to 1:35 in the video, past the mistakes.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
c'mon...they are crystalline structures found probably on any number of solid planets. i'm not sure what the OP is trying to insinuate...man-made?...alien-made?...how about geologically-made

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join