It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the record: what you expect your candidate to do if elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Recently I was discussing politics with some friends when I had a situation come up that was extremely frustrating. The crux of this was although my friends during the Bush administration called themselves pacifists and against all war, when I asked how they felt about Obama's involvement in Afghanistan, Libya, etc. they backtracked from that stance in order to support their guy.

The more I thought about this, the more i realize that this happens all the time. I know that I myself have been guilty of this, along with almost everyone I have ever discussed politics with. I also noticed the MSM is "shockingly" weak at pointing out when our politicians don't live up to promises that they give.

So I thought that it might be good to have a thread where ATS members can go on the record saying what they expect their candidate of choice to do if elected. This could be used so we can look back later to see if the candidates met our expectations. Plus we can then hopefully hold ourselves accountable to not make excuses for our politicians.

I in no way intend this thread to bash any politician. I will admit that I was primarily thinking of what Romney or Obama supporters opinions because these are the two candidates most likely to win, but all candidates are welcome.

What would do you expect the person you support to do on any of these issues:

unemployment

assistance programs

foreign conflicts, (Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, etc.)

corporate regulations

fed reserve policy

immigration

gay rights

Issues of personal freedom

or any other issues.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Doesn't matter what you expect and that's because it won't be happen. Be prepared to be disappointed yet again for voting the lesser of two evils.

Where's the change Obama promised everyone? What about Bush and so on?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

After watching this ?

I expect him to keep to the agenda. Wait for his strings to be pulled like all puppets.

SnF
edit on 19-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I agree 100 percent. But thats the point. I think that what happens is that people have "hope" that their candidate will make a difference, but when they don't they justify it by continuing to support their team and saying the other guys do worse.

But maybe if you had put down in black and white what you expect out of your candidate for yourself and everyone to see, it would be harder to make excuses.

Imagine if Bush small government supporters would have in writing here that Bush would lower the deficit and spend less, or Obama supporters saying he would close Gitmo and be anti war.

Wouldn't it be nice when discussing these matters with these supporters in the future when these things didn't come true to point to their own words saying they expected that? Or even better to look back at a candidate you yourself support and see just how disappointing they've been.

I thought that maybe people writing down their own expectations would allow them to see just how duped they've been in the future.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well my candidate, Ron Paul, would bring the troops home, submit a balanced budget, push for an audit of the Federal Reserve in an effort to re-introduce sound money, restore our Constitutional rights by voiding all previous Executive Orders, end secrecy in government, get rid of the TSA and dismantle the federal pariah state piece by piece.

If you mean Romney or Obama, they would do the exact same things: continue to bankrupt the United States, destroy the remaining value of the dollar, expand our foreign empire, start more wars, expand the police state, end of our way of life as we knew it and destroy the World.

edit on 19-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Reminds me of this.

What Happens After A President Is Elected - By Bill Hicks

edit on 19-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

People know their candidates are garbage but some will still support their man or the gov't even though they are always lied to and taken advantage of. The good news is more and more people these days don't seem to be fully falling for the BS. From 9/11 to present day it's becoming eaiser and easier to see the Gov't for what it really and what it really stands for. For those that still uphold the idea of a 2 party system in our "democracy" needs a slap to the back of their head.

And now I'd like to post another video from another great, and deceased, comedian.

Mind Control featuring George Carlin

edit on 20-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join