It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs From Beyond?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I Have A few Experiences That seem to be from my Grandmother. She never got to meet her grandchildren So I Like to think its her way of seeing them and Letting me know shes there. My Grandmother was Diabetic and always had a pocket full of peppermint. When my son was three We smelled peppermint all over the house...Until one day it was just HIS room. It wasnt just a smell Though..it was SO strong we Though there must be a source. So we searched everywhere. Nothing. The Smell got so bad we had to evacuate the house..for several hours. Eventually it went away. Later that year I went to her house to move some things. She had always joked around about me not getting married til I was 40..So when my husband Smacked me on the behind..a plastic bottle Exploded. Her way of saying..Not in my house. When We were small She always had Bags of marbles for us to play with..And since shes Died Ive found them Everywhere...In pockets..on tables and even witnessed some Dropping from the sky. What are youre thoughts on this? Anyone have any similar experiences? Im very skeptical and she knew that..it seems shes trying everything within her power to get my attention..EVEN Having my Autistic Non verbal son come to me and Simply say.."Granma Lou" Her name.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You're not imagining things. My grandmother has contacted me (at least) 3 times since she passed. The last time was through a vivid waking vision. The other times were through ringing the telephone on Sunday nights (after she died) when she used to get home from visiting us, and another time by appearing in a photograph at the moment I was wondering if she could see her great-grandkids as I snapped a picture of one of them.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I Think They just want to Be a Part of our life. My kids dont seem scared of her. And they shouldnt be. Just nice to know shes there

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have never experienced this but many others have.

Rebecca Springer wrote a book that touches on this...

Many are unaware that Heaven's inhabitants are frequently sent to Earth on divine "missions". There are many who have seen clear evidence of this. One of those is is Rebecca Springer who wrote a book describing what she saw:

"She explains how Heaven's inhabitants are frequently engaged in missions or tasks that are an extension of God's callings and gifting in their earth-life."

Because the book was written in 1898, it can be read online for free here.

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros"), which was originally published in 1898, is based on the 19th century vision of heaven by Rebecca Springer (1832-1904).

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros" after the Latin for the same phrase and originally published in 1895) is the remarkable account of author Rebecca Springer's experience of being taken to Heaven in her spirit while her body lay dying and unconscious for several weeks. This is an excellent book to give to grieving family members.

The copyright has long since expired and the PDF can be found here and here

"Earlier in this century, Rebecca Springer lay very ill, near death in Canada. She had a vision of Heaven and saw her niece, Mae, there. As she and Mae walked through Heaven together, they saw little children and adults floating and swimming upon a lake that was as smooth as glass.

Later in the vision, she saw a young girl she had known on earth, Mary Bates, who told Rebecca how much she wished her own heartbroken mother could see her there in Heaven and be comforted. Mary’s desire was that her mother would understand that her daughter was not lost to her, but would be waiting for her when she, too, joined God’s saints, that is, believers in Christ."

"...perhaps the most moving part of Rebecca’s vision was seeing Jesus sitting beneath a flowering tree on the shore of the lake, surrounded by a dozen children of all ages. Some sat at His feet or leaned upon His knees and His shoulders. One tiny girl sat upon His lap, her hands filled with flowers, as Jesus talked with them. Their faces shone with ecstasy as He told them a story and asked them questions. Rebecca’s vision confirms that Jesus has a special, tender love for those little ones of His in Heaven."

Link

edit on 19-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalJessy

Awesome! I had a series of cool events where I bumped into my grandmother who passed away. It made me feel so much better about the circumstances between her and I when she passed away. The clearest experience was in a dream, but a lucid dream. I didn't recognize her at first because she was younger looking, but as I got closer I new it was her. She was showing me how where she was they create things with their mind. She relayed a message to me I am still trying to sort out somehow too.

It was creepy because although I carried her casket at the funeral I never went to see or visit her gravestone (personal issues). After this "dream" I felt an urge to go pay my respects and get closure. I was amazed to find a photo of my grandmother and grandfather on the gravestone from when they were 30.. the thing is they both looked exactly how they did in my dream as they did on the gravestone!

Around this time of clearing past trauma, my niece who was 6 or so at the time kept insisting she wanted to name her first daughter Nancy, my grandmothers name. A few other times I believe I channeled her spirit in accidental ways, I am still trying to figure out what the heck was going on back then.

Love you Nana!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
WOW..Thanks for the Book References! I Have lots of personal issues with Death too..Her funeral was the only one ive ever been too. I was 15 and it traumatized me..I dont go to funerals now. And i dont like to deal with Death at All.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The past two years have taught me not to fear death in the least. I used to be the same as you with death of others and thinking about my own death. But now I look forward to it! In a healthy way I promise. Personal experience has taught me this body I inhabit it not the real me and what our ego sees as a death is simply a new beginning.

I know they are just words and without the personal experience behind them it doesn't help much. Best wishes to you

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Words mean alot to me. I value words almost as much as I Do anything else.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanormalJessy
I dont go to funerals now. And i dont like to deal with Death at All.

Death is the ONE thing that matters more than anything else in the world and yet NO ONE wants to talk about it or face the reality that ALL of us will one day go there.

Face and confront the fear of dying by being READY for that day instead of fearing it.

This is what death is like for someone that is prepared for it:

"It was like getting on a roller coaster at Disney. And when you peak that high point of the ride it was a thrill, it was very exciting. I was launched from this planet to another one and it was a country as real as England or America. There is life after death and it is not a place where spirits float around bored being nice. It is a real place."

Death is like getting on a roller coaster (Video)
Another Video - (Fast Forward to 2Hr 22min.)

After they all left I felt as if I had suddenly got on a roller-coaster. When you hit that peak, that topmost point on the ride, I felt as though this was what had happened to me. When that sudden lurch came I realized that this was death. It was not frightening, and if it was death, it was very sudden. There was no fear, for death was just changing locations from this place to the other.

What happens when we die?

"I had to die to learn how to live. I died for 28 minutes, and it was during this death experience that I learned how to live."

"Can this be death?" I wondered. If so, I certainly had nothing to fear. There was no darkness, no uncertainty, only a change in location and a total sense of well-being.

My Glimpse of Eternity - Betty Malz - Google Books

"You are not of this world. You are going to die in about 50 years, for real, maybe sooner at best. Life is a vapor. You are going to die, sooner then you think. You are going to face the uncreated One, in your barrenness, in your raw self, you are going to face the uncreated One.

But what you do in this age with your heart response in love is the only thing, the only thing, the only thing that matters. In the truest sense of the word. Why are you here? To choose love.

There is an invitation that the Lord wants to give you in this hour. To set your heart on a pilgrimage, not of this world. Set your heart on a pilgrimage to be great in eternity. You are going to be there in just a moment, you are going to be there in just a moment. And what you have done in love and service is what is going to stand in that day."

Eternity Speaking /////// Eternity - YouTube ////// MP3

This is how to be ready for death:

“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” Jesus

What REALLY happens when a person is born again?

How One Is Saved

edit on 20-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My Problem with Death isnt that Im afraid TO Die. Its That Im Afraid that I WILL Die..and that people I Love will die. Ive had two babies..Both Preemies. Almost lost both. Alot of my friends from school died..alot of Family died. Close Members. I Dont like showing emotion..But pain and sadness are one emotion you cannot control. And I think thats what scares me. I Have a severe panic disorder so I Fear Anything...Mostly Cars. IE..Accidents..my kids near the road. I Think alot of my fears are justified tho.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanormalJessy
My Problem with Death isnt that Im afraid TO Die. Its That Im Afraid that I WILL Die..and that people I Love will die. Ive had two babies..Both Preemies. Almost lost both. Alot of my friends from school died..alot of Family died. Close Members. I Dont like showing emotion..But pain and sadness are one emotion you cannot control. And I think thats what scares me. I Have a severe panic disorder so I Fear Anything...Mostly Cars. IE..Accidents..my kids near the road. I Think alot of my fears are justified tho.

A very close friend of my wife died last week (esophageal cancer) and her memorial was held yesterday. There were several very distinct incidents that indicated that she was present and teasing some of her friends with quick manipulations of material items. I experienced two of these myself. One was a very loud bump against the men's room's only stall wall as I was in there alone and cleaning my glasses before the service began. The other was when my wife asked the deceased's brother-in-law if (since the internment would be a private affair at the family plot located within an enormous city cemetery) if he could email a map to everyone so that they could "find her" later, the lights in the church foyer went black for a second and then snapped back on again. We laughed that this must mean that she'll be holding him to that promise.

There is an amazing wealth of evidence of all types and levels of validity that insist that death is not the end of the human being, and as our technologies advance, more methods are emerging that allow us to examine the impact upon our own material realm of those folks who've passed on, but haven't left us at all. And it's the impact upon what we can examine that will ultimately be the most valuable form of proof that we'll receive, regardless of the advances we achieve in science or technology. We only know what we know about the movement of our own atmosphere by examining the impact that winds and breezes have on the material world around us. We can examine and breakdown the composition of gases and how they blend together in balance and density, but the movement of air can only be examined by how it affects what exists as affectable by a mass of air in motion.

The eternal human being will never be measurable, but it will become much more practical and definable, as our technologies improve, to precisely measure the direct impact that these fully developed human beings can have on common, mundane material items. And more critically, it will become more possible to directly connect these impacts and influences to real and recognizable human beings that once inhabited the material realm before passing on to the eternal realm. The mystery and mystical aspects of these events and this basic human connection between people who - for the moment - occupy different states of physical existence, will slowly dissipate, and it could very well become no more paranormal than a long distance telephone call between loved ones.

This is the change that will take place once we, as a sentient species, have finally embraced the reality of eternal afterlife, and have begun focusing on the practical issues of understanding and communication that arise with that embrace of the fact that a hell of a lot of people would benefit emotionally and psychologically from being able to maintain contact with their loved ones even after they've "shipped out" after completing this critical stage of physical development. The tragedy of death only exists because an enormous industry sector (all things related to religious, metaphysical, paranormal, entertainment, and political) survives and thrives on that tragedy and the fear it generates. Once the truth is ultimately revealed, that misery and desperation will quickly fade away. Then, as technology advances allow the whole human race to finally reconnect as one brilliant, living community, the benefits for those on both sides of the divide will be irrefutable. The only question that will remain will be why it took so many thousands of years for us to finally take all those claims of empirical evidence associated with a human afterlife seriously, without first draping them with either raiments of sanctification or shrouds of desolation. Not that the answer won't be obvious.
edit on 10/21/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I can sympathize with your dislike of funerals. Mine came from being 'dragged' to a huge number of them when I was small.....My Mom's family was huge.....Great Aunts and Uncles in the dozens....

While attending one of these in my early teens, an aunt pulled me into the 'viewing chapel' adjoining the one our relative was in.....The departed was a beautiful young woman, probably in her 30's. She had just 'dropped dead' of a apparent heart attack while 'hanging out clothes'...(it was the early '60's, clothes lines still the norm).

Nearby, her children lined up like stairsteps......there must have been about 8 of them, all with the most stricken looks of loss on their faces, it broke my heart even as a kid, I could feel it.
The 'look' on her face however, was a bit of a shock......(all of my older relatives had usually had peaceful, but serious, solemn expressions in death)......this lady looked joyous!! She had an absolutely radiant smile on her face.......she was easily the happiest looking deceased person I've ever seen.

After glancing at that row of children, my Aunt whispered in my ear, " No wonder she looks so happy, this is probably the first rest she's had in years!"

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

How AWFUL!

top topics

join