Another massive object caught near the Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

You have to remember perspective here.

A small object close to the satellite could appear quite large and a large object can appear small...

Here's a shot of Jupiter using the same filter (COR1) on the space craft:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I did watch the video and I did see the random flashes that I believe you are referring to and not one of them can be caught on a single frame with the definition of this object - if you can find one that even closely matches please post the screenshot. I just went through the video again and couldn't come close to replicating an object like in the screen capture. It's odd because the object's appearance coincides with the swath of the solar prominence coming over it.. quite a coincedence for a near camera object.
edit on 20-10-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

If it's a cosmic ray, Why is it in only 1 frame? Are you saying it's a camera Error then? Honestly there's nothing ray like about the object.

Cosmic rays look more like shooting stars... Why would it be a flash?

Camera error is one thing. But an instant flash that comes out of no where is a cosmic ray?

"Most primary cosmic rays (those that enter the atmosphere from deep space) are composed of familiar stable subatomic particles that normally occur on Earth, such as protons, atomic nuclei, or electrons. However, a very small fraction are stable particles of antimatter, such as positrons or antiprotons, and the precise nature of this remaining fraction is an area of active research."

So are we witnessing antimatter?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Oh goody, more of this craziness. These threads are the padded cells of ATS.

Ah, the bandwagon guy. The guy that goes in UFO threads and just says "crazy" because everyone else says it.

Its nothing wrong with posting things like this, because if one day we can't debunk one, we'll have something that may be real. So what its not a UFO, at least tell us why like I did next time instead of not contributing at all.

Except that I saw a "UFO" in broad daylight up close. So I WOULD know a little more than most about what constitutes a "UFO". And I can say that having seen one in broad daylight, I am not even convinced that it was "alien" in nature. So you see, being a skeptic doesn't mean that I disbelieve every UFO thread, it simply means that if you have evidence of nothing, it IS in fact nothing. That stupid dot could be an image artifact. But no, if you can't identify it, it MUST be an alien craft, right?

Here's a couple possibilities - satellite, asteroid, comet, Mercury, lens flare. Surely it couldn't possibly be something ordinary. It MUST be a UFO!!!

edit on 20-10-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Its not an object in the first place. Its also not a CME or a flare, it's apart of the prominence.

Isn't the solar prominence just the arch of the flare emerging from the sun in a loop shape? It does appear with the arch of the prominence but seems to have some kind of inorganic shape to it but it is hard to tell.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My mistake, I just watched the video over again. It actually is a cosmic ray strike.

Its not an object. It only appears in one frame.
Its not a CME or a flare either, its a prominence.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

If we knew for sure it was an alien craft than OP would of said "Massive Alien Craft caught near sun"

Also none of the particles take on the form of what is in question. They flicker, Which I assume is normal.

When you look at the night sky, Stars in the distance flicker. I assume this is due to gases in outerspace. So I would only assume the flicker is normal.

The flash and object are what we question..

As for the size.... I think perspective needs to be taken into account. If Earth was the object we were looking at, I think it would be a lot bigger in the video.

I can't double quote but the person who posted the picture of Jupiter is going to use that as an example of an object as close as the sun?

What if Jupiter was close to the sun like that. Would it be the same size? No it would be a lot bigger. So I really don't think that the object can be compared to the size of Earth. Due to the perspective of where Soho is located.

Maybe if it was a picture from Earth..... Idk Maybe.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I never said it was a UFO.

Why not post this in the first place instead of saying its just crazy?

I understand what you mean though, a lot of people just automatically claim UFO without any type of evidence.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I never said it was a UFO.

Why not post this in the first place instead of saying its just crazy?

I understand what you mean though, a lot of people just automatically claim UFO without any type of evidence.

Apologies to you guys. I went a little nuts when I read this garbage:

UFO's use the sun to go to the 4th Density...

Also our oceans..

Do people think they park in mid space?

Space is a highway for them and the Sun is a stargate.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
I did a search and although there were several threads on objects near the sun I did not see one in particular that referred to THIS object near the sun. Mod: if there is another on this topic please delete.

A day or so ago an image (Unfurling Prominence (October 12, 2012) and a video was posted on NASA's website that shows a large, distinct object moving away from the sun. The image capture from SOHO is pretty clear:
snip
Below is quote from the website

Is this a UFO captured near the sun? This unidentified object looks to be flying near the sun possibly recharging? You can see the object when the magnetic prominance breaks away from the sun. This video was taken all day by the SOHO/NASA Project. You can find the video here soho.nascom.nasa.gov... the video which is the pick of the week will probably be archived if it is not on the link above. UFO’s near the sun have been captured many times before. The sun is the ultimate power in the universe so it makes sense that ships could use its plasma energy to recharge or simply research. Maybe our sun is different then others in the solar system who knows?

Thoughts? Looks pretty odd because of the two symmetrical and parallel lines on the side of the object.
edit on 19-10-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

Using UFO for what is a natural event is wishful thinking. I looked at the video over and over, pausing it constantly, freezing the image every second, froze the two large white dots near the left edge and the mulstiple flashes all over the screen, froze the "object" in question and there were similar looking "objects" which were sucked back into the sun so I rule out anything but a natural event.

Here is what happened after I posted my comments, above. I continued reading replies and when I saw the one that said that the flashes were to fast to freeze to post here, I went back to the video and made 6 screen captures with Paint. It took me a lot of back and forth because everytime I froze an image and went to Paint to process it, when I came back to the video I was met with a blank screen so I had to wait until the video reloaded. Many times.

Then I went to My Pictures so that I could process them through Picasa and cropped them to fit here without you having to scroll left and right to see the whole wide-angle image. My screen captures were there but the screen was black where the sun on the right side would appear. Nothing! I was totally frustrated. It seems that the only way to catch the images and post them here is for me to shoot the frozen image with my digital camera and it's 2:13am EST and I don't feel like it.

If when I log in tonight no one has posted photos of the flashes and the similar looking object which appear above the solar outburst I'll do it then. But trust me, freezing the flashes is no big deal all you have to do is let the video play and every second freeze it and you'll catch the flashes especially the two large ones on the left side of the screen which the screen capture does not include them. Sleep tight!

edit on 20-10-2012 by The Shrike because: To add comments

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
If it's a cosmic ray, Why is it in only 1 frame?

Because thats what cosmic rays do. They only appear in one frame.

Cosmic rays look more like shooting stars...

No, they dont look like anything in particular.
It all depends on the angle that the cosmic ray intercepts the sensor at, and the strength of the cosmic ray.
For example, a strong one that comes in sideways would show up as a very long and bright line.... but a weak one that comes in from directly in front or behind could merely show up as one single pixel.

A planet sized UFO collecting sun material on the other hand, would show up in the same place for as long as it was collecting material from the sun. Which in not the case here, and in fact has never been the case in any of the objects ever discussed on ATS, ever.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

If it's a cosmic ray, Why is it in only 1 frame?

Because thats what cosmic rays do. They only appear in one frame.

Cosmic rays look more like shooting stars...

No, they dont look like anything in particular.
It all depends on the angle that the cosmic ray intercepts the sensor at, and the strength of the cosmic ray.
For example, a strong one that comes in sideways would show up as a very long and bright line.... but a weak one that comes in from directly in front or behind could merely show up as one single pixel.

A planet sized UFO collecting sun material on the other hand, would show up in the same place for as long as it was collecting material from the sun. Which in not the case here,

Not to say that it couldn't be a Cosmic ray as you say but what if it wer possible some kind of cloaked ship and when the prominence arced it disrupted the cloaking device just momentarily? Not saying this is what happened by any means just hypothesizing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Using UFO for what is a natural event is wishful thinking. I looked at the video over and over, pausing it constantly, freezing the image every second, froze the two large white dots near the left edge and the mulstiple flashes all over the screen, froze the "object" in question and there were similar looking "objects" which were sucked back into the sun so I rule out anything but a natural event.

Here is what happened after I posted my comments, above. I continued reading replies and when I saw the one that said that the flashes were to fast to freeze to post here, I went back to the video and made 6 screen captures with Paint. It took me a lot of back and forth because everytime I froze an image and went to Paint to process it, when I came back to the video I was met with a blank screen so I had to wait until the video reloaded. Many times.

Then I went to My Pictures so that I could process them through Picasa and cropped them to fit here without you having to scroll left and right to see the whole wide-angle image. My screen captures were there but the screen was black where the sun on the right side would appear. Nothing! I was totally frustrated. It seems that the only way to catch the images and post them here is for me to shoot the frozen image with my digital camera and it's 2:13am EST and I don't feel like it.

If when I log in tonight no one has posted photos of the flashes and the similar looking object which appear above the solar outburst I'll do it then. But trust me, freezing the flashes is no big deal all you have to do is let the video play and every second freeze it and you'll catch the flashes especially the two large ones on the left side of the screen which the screen capture does not include them. Sleep tight!

edit on 20-10-2012 by The Shrike because: To add comments

If you can please do it. This morning I went back and tried to move through the video frame by frame with Premiere and could not get even one flash to look like what the original image shows. Given the more prominent theory that this object is part of the solar prominence then the flashes would have nothing to do with and nor would be a particle floating close to the camera.

Also another question that can maybe be answered by somebody - what is the time gap between frames on the SOHO camera, it looks like there are minute gaps.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
When the color is inverted , the image looks like this :

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

made a little animation for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sTrE3tFigHt3r

When the color is inverted , the image looks like this :

kool aid

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

That's one hot stargate!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

sun farts! tee-hee

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Maybe our sun is magical and maybe there are huge moon size ships in our solar system that nobody notices but a handful of people on conspiracy websites but....it's just hard to swallow.

It is hard to swallow. But let's assume for a second all the people/religions in the past that worshipped the sun were on to something. Maybe the sun is "magical". We look out at the stars and try to figure out how to get there, and at the center of other solar systems are suns. Perhaps the trick is to use a sun to get you where your going. All the talk about gravity, mass, time travel, faster than light speed travel and discussing about people seeing things near the sun, makes me think there is more to the sun than just heat and light. Why do we watch the sun at all?? Who cares? A CME, flare, explosion... what are you going to do about it? If a bad one happened, would it matter at all? I think I've kinda come to the idea that "they" are looking for something to come out of/from the sun that is not a CME or flare.

There, Done assuming.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

UFO's use the sun to go to the 4th Density...

Also our oceans..

Do people think they park in mid space?

EDIT: Can anyone explain how they are unaffected by radiation? Maybe we can pay them to clean up Fukushima? lol
edit on 19-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

Can you please explain this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join