It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every One Join In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I wish to find out how many feel the same as I and are willing to join in and throw up your arms and say I have had enough .....I am talking about something that is so popular here on ats and in the outside world I was watching two men at the local resturant debating the primary issues like president election and the war in Iraq and to my dismay and being only 3 tables away i watched this debat turn into a small verbal war and then out of the blue the smaller of the two guys gets up reaches across the table and pops the other guy on the head with the handel of his butter knife while holding the blade in his hand the blow was so hard that it sounded like a ripe watermelon and the guy that got hit was just dumbfounded as to the fact he just got hammered by this guy which we all found out later as the men where being question they had been friends for over 32 years now thats the worse incident but I have seen things like car windshields busted things of real value flying across rooms having been thrown to there ultimate demise now give me a break people who needs terrorists to come kill us when a few idiotic jerks can do the work for them all the terrorist need do is place a news paper on the right table and stand back and wait for the debate to turn to war again and it could be something as simple as the weather did anyone ever think why terrorists target people like us its because we are so caught up in our own little worlds in which we are the only right person out there to notice them coming please we couldnt be making their mission any easier what do you think.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Having had a work related health breakdown in 1998 taught me one thing. Life is too short to let things get to you, even your most dearly held philosophical and political beliefs.

You should still be able to express them and debate them with others, but I no longer have a panic or stress attack when I do. I choose letter forums and the net to wage my battles, but do not take it into the living rooms or streets to provoke people I otherwise get on with.

I try to respect everybodies views even the ones I think are toads

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
granted I dont let a debat get to me like that I would rather walk away but really what I guess Im saying is why cant we get every one to moderate there pations on the stuff that for most have really no immediate effect on them I would think like hate crimes there should be debate crimes
what happened to the dont worry be happy generations of the late 70's and 80's that would make them be so pationate about the stupid that they are willing to hurt and mame others over a difference of opinion for example I watched a show on court tv the other day where they should some clips of post football game rivalries turned deadly and I actually saw a man in the bleachers stab another man three times over a stupid game see where I'm coming from now

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's divide and conquer. You are divided. Ask yourself, who's the conquer?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
It's divide and conquer. You are divided. Ask yourself, who's the conquer?

Please explain

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Divide and conquer has long been a strategy of ruling powers to keep control of a population. The British Empire widely used and perfected the technique. The technique has since been adapted to transform US, UK and other western nations into a two party system that serves to divide and occupy the people while the true controlling power never changes.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Divide and conquer has long been a strategy of ruling powers to keep control of a population. The British Empire widely used and perfected the technique. The technique has since been adapted to transform US, UK and other western nations into a two party system that serves to divide and occupy the people while the true controlling power never changes.

And now that same policy as I described above is going to be the source of many peoples own destruction divided is fine if used on an enemy as in this context but now its infected our own peoples to the point they go off over stupid stuff its a faulted and back firing plan I think

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I wish I could say it was all down to 9/11 but the media an personal experience has been showing a strong going FU trend from the top down since the early 1990s. Signs going the other way just seem like blips.

It took us....six thousand or two hundred odd thousand years (depending on your views) to get from a handful of humans to 1 billion in 1900 odd. Wev'e crashed the six billion mark in just the last 100.

Wev'e overcrowded, overpoluted the planet. Traditional safe long term work is disappearing in the west, we are blaming slave wage earners in the East, and both getting screwed. The markets now sell shares to mom and pop and the kids who are depending on these to replace pensions that are disappearing, so people are not so generous to the cause of the worker or disadvantaged, less they become them. And I know people might disagree but self discipline, restraint and basic values just seem to be on the decline.....including those of some over indulgent churches.

I'm not knocking faith, or the majority of the people who have it, but some of our moral majority leaders of the faith come across as nothing but sanctimonious parasites.

I describe myself as agnostic....by my own definition thats an atheist who is hedging thier bets!

But 9/11 polarised a lot of people to both fences, and a lot of the people in the middle are totterring in between. Me, I consider myself pretty stable and sure of my own course.I am neither a Bush War lover or a Anti War soldier hater. Its the course of our leaders that scare the # out of me.

I hear self moralising my country right or wrong, might is right and we are the best. (left's you are Satan evil incarnate isn't much better btw) and we have super fighters, cruise missiles and the biggest bag of A-bombs on the block.

Its crazy making. I beleive the USA is the better pathway than the likes of Bin Laden and the Madhists, but I don't want my country going along on some politician/business mans ultimate power trip.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

By drbryankkruta
And now that same policy as I described above is going to be the source of many peoples own destruction

Yip, That's my point drbryankkruta.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree craiganddrew but do you think its the growing burst of population or stupidity that has facilitated the delima me personally I think we are individually responsable it seems the view of a cultural boost and diversity has aided making it stronger the failure we have come to but what really is the point is it all boils down to a group of problems made worse by the individual right

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
good kegs nice to know i didnt fall off the wagon while you were driving Im trying to pay attention to all these responses and if I didnt answer someone let me know with a thump on the head and Ill wake up lol

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Stupidity basically.

We are supposed to be a better educated society but we are not. Our favourite reality shows are about idiots on islands trying to cheat and scheme each other, court trials of superstars trying to pr and bribe their way out and Paris Hilton flashing her bits.

My wife once said it was like the decline and fall of Rome (I'm no expert btw) through all its stages right at the end it was admired and copied and attracted all who wanted a better life, a Roman life. But it was Moralistic, but immoral, corrupt, fat, lazy, overconfident and disinterested in defending itself - Most of its Legions were manned by aqquirred allies.

And it all caved in because the lean and the mean and the hungry fell upon it and left only the remanants.

In the end it was all bread and circuses. The leaders figured if they made sure people were entertained and fed then most wouldnt care about the rest.

Hmmm, it can be depressing drawing parallels to history.

I don't know if you've ever read about it, but in the Napoleonic Wars the Peninsular Campaign of Napoleons Armies in Spain is an interesting and tragic read. The British and Portugese Armies holed up in the South-West and the Spainiards fight against the French in the rear areas.

It reminds me a lot about the the insurgents attacks on the coalition and foreign contractors and aid workers.

Sheeez.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
the simularities are uncanning as I have only waited till the show came out type of thing no I havent read the books but yes I am realizing a scary scenario and damned if Im not living in the middle of it just freaken great and I was having a fairly good but sinical day till now I better stick with my title from herre on out huh Insanity is truely blissful as an insane person Im not expected to know this scary stuff Im just supposed to muddel through life unaware I think I need to get back to it now

koo koo koo koo lol

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Question to Craigandrew or anyone who can answer it whats is the way to solve the question or statement above .

I find alot of opinions on whats wrong through out my travels in the ats realm but very few put to paper take it to washington factual reasons or recomendations to put forth into a Bill to submit for legal applications I dont wish to debate the issue but come up with a solution and I would welcome anyone to talk here U2U me or email me at [email protected] with serious information that I can use to draft a bill proposal I would like to forward on thru a rewritten letter to congress including only the serious suggestions common guys is your world make it respond as such

new topics

top topics

join