It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Really So Hard To Believe In God If You Already Believe In The “Unbelievable”?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

im listening

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Die into Not-Knowing - Unmani. www.not-knowing.com

Thought is quite a powerful controller of us. Unmani explains this with clarity. Some scary part of the video is that theres nothing inside of us but thought and thought is imaginary. That was a good video. You seem to know exactly what Vid to select and when with an accurate sense of timing.
I never know where the rabbit will jump out next

That gave me the sense the world is a hologram. And our thoughts are like computer programs. Lets hope love isnt a computer progam. if love is the only thing real then i dont mind is everything else is imaginary.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Op I totally understand where you are coming from as I too wrote papers in College and debated in high school about a belief in one thing and not another that both fit the description of "faith".

Here on ATS I find it harder to "fit in" because although my studies indicate a God and a main player in our theme such as the story of mankind/Jesus I always get lumped with a label as being "religious" or even worse as a "christian".

I hope in days and years to come, we the spiritual beings, can be without a religious label.

If one can believe in aliens and or ghosts they too can believe in God, however their fear may keep them distant. I have no idea because for myself I have always loved and researched the deep unknown and find it to be very entertaining when solving the mystery on my own.

Some people may find Holy Science a better alternative than religion/dogma.

I LOVE listening to Manly!! Wise stuff in my opinion!!!

edit on 20-10-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

My response to your OP would be largely in agreement, but it would be long enough that I could write three thread-pages worth and possibly still not be finished.

The link in my signature makes an excellent overview, and perhaps it's about time that I sat down and did a bit of research so as to compile the necessary documented analysis for building my own special case on my beliefs of the universe. To keep it short, "God" is real, we just like to put a familiar face on it and bestow powers and abilities that make us feel better about the world we ourselves are in. As long as we're believing, why not make a good story of it, you know?

But the modern definitions are so pathetically self-serving that only a blind fool could consider them plausible. We think more about what we want from our deities than what they actually stood for in the times from which they originated. Maybe if we stopped thinking about ourselves so much, we'd realize how deep of an influence our greed and conceitedness has on our religion.

It's not "unbelievable". Our science just hasn't grown up yet. "When you are older...you will understand."

Here's a brief overview of my views on "Source" as I call it.

I believe that "God" is gravity. Gravity is the most basic reason ANYTHING exists. It's been scientifically proven that all matter is, at the most minute level, energy that is bound together by a force we call 'gravity'. Gravity controls all vibration, and all vibration controls the shape and activity of all matter. Every form of energy owes its motion to gravity, otherwise it would lose all cohesion and slip into madness before slipping away into nothing.

Again, someday, when I feel inclined to devote about 30 or so hours (I lose my train of thought if I'm away from a project for too long, unless I have an outline to work with) I'll compile a 50 page thesis on my theories connecting the weak field, quantum physics, gravitational flux and harmonic vibrations - and how they are all extensions, faces, voices of Source.
edit on 20-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If it is found that there is no 'you' - who's to worry about anything.
When there is no worry - there is love.
edit on 20-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Again, you post without thinking.

sol·ip·sism/ˈsälipˌsizəm/
Noun:
The view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.

What's that you were saying about the self not existing?
As long as the physical individuality exists, we can assume there is a reason for it to exist, which clearly indicates that to ignore such an individuality is to ignore the experiential opportunities such a condition offers.

Your premise, therefore, is the same as having feet and refusing to walk - ever.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I posted this video youtu.be... previously to another poster.
It is this i am referring to.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Interesting response. Are you going to actually post something, or is that too much?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

In college, I wrote a paper attempting to reconcile Science and God. I began by positing that God’s time doesn’t have to be the same as ours, and enlisted Einstein’s theory of relativity, special theory of relativity, and specifically, time dilation. This meant that if the train, so to speak, that God is on is running at a different pace, then 3 billion years for us could have been 6 days to Him.

God does exist outside of time. Time flows around him like a rapid river because the Father is a Spirit. Time has no meaning to spirits.

I was an agnostic until 2 years ago, and drowning in my sorrows and my misery with no way to free myself, needless to say i'm a christian 2 years later. Jesus is all about forgiveness and loving your friends and enemies as you would yourself, but until you learn to forgive you cannot learn to love, it is impossible without forgiveness in your heart first.

I went to college to be an archeaologist, majored in anthropology emphasis in archeaology and despite all the things i have seen, i can say that science actually corroborates the existence of God, his advanced foreknowledge is only just now being discovered by science. The problem is mankind doesn't know enough yet to see it, and because many people have closed minds those answers often elude them. The bible really is historically accurate and and archeaologically proven. There truly is science in there, most people do not know what theyre looking at.

For one thing here on this world, there is life, and not just some single cell life either but complex multicellular life in a universe filled with various types of radiations that bleach this universe. On this world we have a magnetosphere (though it is weakening) that repels most of the radiation, we have environments perfect for sustaining life in multiple ecosystems, both aquatic and land based life forms, all on this one planet.

In the first book of Moses called Genesis, we see God telling Moses that he made the first man from earth that he spat in and formed Adam from (everyone laugh now). But wait, here comes the details most people do not know (it takes a believer and a man of science to understand). It's proven by science that every element in the human body does indeed come from the earth. Every element found in our bodies is found right here on this very planet, the water in our cells, iron in our blood, calcium in our bones and various other trace amounts of elements in our bodies all found right in what our feet is standing on. Everything in our bodies comes from the earth that is a fact. God also told Moses that Man was cursed to return to the ground from which he came and indeed, when we die our bodies decompose and return to the earth.

Now, science did not exist 3500 years ago. Moses knew nothing about science at all, so who told Moses this advanced knowledge, which couldn't even be proven until the inventions of the periodic table of elements and electron microscopes 3500 years later? Science is only just beginning to catch up to the scriptures.

I'm not arguing for evolution or against it, i believe that God could create mankind and all life on earth in any fashion he chose. It's not my place to argue with something that is so far beyond me i am laughable compared to him. It takes a tremendous amount of humility to be able to admit i do not know everything. No one does and that too is a fact.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You believe you are separate, so oneness know suffering and seeking.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

All I ask of you, is one thing: Do not pass off your personal opinions as facts. It grows tiring to look at something so full of holes and see that people actually believe it. I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying you should make the nature of your posts perfectly clear so the less discerning among us don't mistake it for fact.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A dictator telling everyone how to be, not accepting It the way It appears.
Are you so bossy and judgmental with yourself?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

A dictator telling everyone how to be, not accepting It the way It appears.
Are you so bossy and judgmental with yourself?

I don't tolerate ignorance. If you believe this ignorance so worth supporting, then you may be worthy of the hell this world has become. As for me, I shall continue to oppose it.

Acceptance of misunderstanding is the study of sheeple who are too frail-minded to fight for understanding.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

True ignorance is ignoring your true nature.
Did you watch this video?
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

True ignorance is thinking you truly understand your true nature. I don't make such claims, I only claim to have a rudimentary understanding. Few people care to listen though - they are far too absorbed in their own beliefs.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

True ignorance is thinking you truly understand your true nature. I don't make such claims, I only claim to have a rudimentary understanding. Few people care to listen though - they are far too absorbed in their own beliefs.

The true nature of reality can be known but not in words.
The screen of awareness is like the pages in a book. The page is ignored as the attention is absorbed by the words and the story.
No word or story can appear without the page it is written on.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Time can also flow the opposite way. So back where it came from. Only at big size, like the way we see the universe you won't see smething that fell, fall back up. ( Latest season, Through the worm hole has a part that explains this way easy. )

So this idea of yours isn't really so far fetchd as it sounds.

It would make god in essence way more difficult to comprehend imo.

For me it is conforming that god isn't ever going to be anything like any religion explains him to be.
Not some fellow that is head character in the book of genesis.
He could be the creator of everything, but our human incapabilolity to comprehend Him does make genesis anything more then a myth.

But that's my current look in the matter.

Interesting question S&F

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

All I ask of you, is one thing: Do not pass off your personal opinions as facts. It grows tiring to look at something so full of holes and see that people actually believe it. I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying you should make the nature of your posts perfectly clear so the less discerning among us don't mistake it for fact.

Thanks.

Fact is fact, everything in man's body comes from the earth. Now you don't have to believe in science, that's on you
. Neither can you argue against 3500 year old scriptures saying this absolute fact. I don't really care what you get tired of looking at.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I was an agnostic until 2 years ago, and drowning in my sorrows and my misery with no way to free myself, needless to say i'm a christian 2 years later.

If you don't mind.

Why do you believe in Christianity? Not why do you believe in God. Why Christianity and not Islam, Hinduism, Shamanism... etc. Why do you believe Christianity represents the thoughts and feelings of the creator god over Ancient Egypt and their sun god? What reasons?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I was an agnostic until 2 years ago, and drowning in my sorrows and my misery with no way to free myself, needless to say i'm a christian 2 years later.

If you don't mind.

Why do you believe in Christianity? Not why do you believe in God. Why Christianity and not Islam, Hinduism, Shamanism... etc. Why do you believe Christianity represents the thoughts and feelings of the creator god over Ancient Egypt and their sun god? What reasons?

Because i tried alot of different pagan religions and nothing could give me peace and take away my sorrow or my hate and anger. Yes, i persecuted christians in my hatred, i did alot of bad things in my life that i desired redemption for and nothing i tried could change who i was. I threw alcohol, sex addiction, and drugs into that hole in my soul and nothing could fill that hole. The christian God Jesus, who is the physical form of God, offered forgiveness and love and freedom from my evils and i didn't have to work for it, it was free. I was caught in a cycle of abuse perpetuated by my own dad and i'm not going into the details of everything i did and went through. It got to where my choice was Jesus or a bullet, because i was ready to shoot myself. Islam's Jesus doesn't save you, i couldn't save myself i tried.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join