It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object in sky captivates locals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It does look like a solar balloon more than anything. Second opinion if not balloon: Another one of those mysterious sky objects that resemble some forms of ocean-life. "Critters" I think one of our former ATS "legends" called them.

What was wind direction in relation to the timeline and direction of sightings I wonder?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It does look similar. A bit more sophisticated.

How do you explain the report of flashing or diming lights on both ends? It was in an earlier post.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Breaks interstate park only a few miles down the road. There is alot of ancient history in this area. I believe there's a point called 'point lookout', from what I could remember hiking in the area. At this point one can look a mile straight down the gorge to the river which I was able to fish/hike around as well though is also one of the most dangerous in the world. Had to cross the Russel Fork River many times as the walls are far too steep to hike Up. Beautiful area to explore especially with a signifcant other. Great place to shake a bush or two.
Check out the link above for more. This place is still relatively unexplored for it's geography is impenetrable in many areas though with many unknown caves. Always wished to hire a helicopter to drop down and explore various caves within the gorge. Many unknown today and holds much ancient history. I understand these are the oldest mountians in the US.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

Great place to shake a bush or two.

I like the phrase!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Or the sand bank along the river.
Either one will do.

edit on 19-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Could spinning wind turbines attached to a kite (provided the material they were made from had reflective properties with it being a very clear day) reflect sunlight in a manner as to appear to be flashing lights? Also with it's stationary position and probability that whatever string was anchoring the kite wouldn't have been visible in these videos, photos, and most likely neither in the eye witness accounts.

No one replied for or against the kite post I mentioned earlier (as of this post) so I am still of the notion it's artist rendered construct from that picture and overall concept compared to the eye witness descriptions I read regarding this object and the accompanying media in the OP and following posts share similar qualities imo.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

It could be a kite or some sort of balloon but unless it was intentionally done as a hoax why wouldn't the person or people let the local newspaper know or the state police? Especially if they live in the area I'm sure they've heard the reports of a ufo.
edit on 19-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Scientists in some fashion (most probable responsible parties for a balloon or kite) would likely have been collecting data/testing and upon completion would be examining data not reading news reports about mysterious objects in the sky.

But, they will have to surface sooner or later...and that's when the real story usually gets released... Scientist: (3 days after sighting) emails msm - "oh sorry for the confusion over the last three days, that was just a prototype high altitude wind harnessing kite...nothing to worry about".

Just a notion

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Could spinning wind turbines attached to a kite (provided the material they were made from had reflective properties with it being a very clear day) reflect sunlight in a manner as to appear to be flashing lights? Also with it's stationary position and probability that whatever string was anchoring the kite wouldn't have been visible in these videos, photos, and most likely neither in the eye witness accounts.

No one replied for or against the kite post I mentioned earlier (as of this post) so I am still of the notion it's artist rendered construct from that picture and overall concept compared to the eye witness descriptions I read regarding this object and the accompanying media in the OP and following posts share similar qualities imo.

But it was seen from a lot of places.

Observations were made from West Virginia to Kentucky,

ufoomnibus.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

High altitude...enough...and it would be visible over vast areas. The light reflecting off it with it being such a clear day would seemingly follow suit with the latter.

I'm by far not a debunker as the term goes on ATS...but when I saw the picture of that kite and read the concept compared with the eye witness accounts it just fits...for me anyway...not trying to sway anyone, just posting what I feel is a very probable explanation for this object

edit on 10/20/2012 by UberL33t because: eta: not a debunker i meant to say

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

It does look similar. A bit more sophisticated.

How do you explain the report of flashing or diming lights on both ends? It was in an earlier post.

Unconscious sympathetic collusion from groups of people that never saw it, but want to be included in the hype, and/or conscious embroidery intended to make the sighting just a tad more fantastic would account for such.

However, lightweight LEDs at either end of a solar balloon powered by watch batteries would weigh near nothing and would be completely feasible attachments detracting very little from flight or flight profile.

Solar balloons can be small, medium, large and quite very extremely huge, all depending on how much time and effort an enthusiast puts into building one.
Solar balloons can be clear, black, grey, green, white, reflective mylar silver, and also be any sort of shape the builder imagines from tubes, spheres, triangles, donuts, cubes, or anything.

Do a search string for "solar balloon" on youtube and you'll find lots of variety in sizes, shape, coloration and such. Some of the videos are even labelled in terms of 'ufo'.

Additionally, solar balloons have been known and have demonstrated the ability to fly several hundred miles allowing a wide variety and area of coverage for people to have a sighting.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

It makes sense.

I believe there is life on other planets and I hope one day they visit us. Of course I also hope they come in peace to teach and maybe even learn.

At the same time I don't think every strange thing in the sky is an alien craft. Most ufos can in fact be explained but for me learning about new things is as much fun as finding E.T.

Thanks everybody.

I'll keep looking and maybe one day.....

Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 20-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It looks like a motion blurred image of an aircraft, flipped in different directions, to make it appear as though its different photos.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Are you sure we are looking at the same thing?
That doesn't remotely resemble this.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Does anyone know what happened to the balloon from the Red Bull jumb last Sunday.
I know thw capsule came down by parachute, but have heard nothing about the balloon.
Could this be whats left of it, still floating around ??

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

There is nothing in that video that does not indicate it is not a still photo. Hoaxers provide fake camera movement/noise/shaking/ on top of a still image to make people think it is a video via various programs. The object itself never movies, all it does is start glowing more or less, which is really easy to add.
edit on 20-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by UberL33t

But it was seen from a lot of places.

Observations were made from West Virginia to Kentucky,

ufoomnibus.com...

I was going to start a thread about an object seen the same day over Hagerstown, MD. Since I know some of the people who work in the power plant down there, I called them up to get the scoop. The people who observed it gave the same description, and observed it for over an hour stationary in the sky until clouds began to obscure it. It was cylindrical, standing on end with tabs on the sides, slowly rotating and reflecting sunlight as viewed through binoculars. Estimated altitude at 10,000 feet. The local airport said it probably was a weather balloon...of course.....if anyone is interested, I can find the link to the local story about it there as well.
edit on 20-10-2012 by ETeeTime because: Clicked a litle too quickly

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hopefully I cut/pasted this properly. The video that the "local" shot down there is terrible, unfortunately. Here is the link to the Hagerstown sighting with comments at the bottom:

your4state.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ETeeTime

Thanks.

The National Weather Service says it launches weather balloons at 8 a.m. from its office near Dulles International Airport, but they say the balloon would not have remained in the sky for very long.

I wonder if it is the same thing. If it is I guess we can rule out the kite theory.

I got thinking about this before I fell asleep last night. If it is just a balloon or kite then it must have come down somewhere. So where is this thing now?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yeah the video looks phony and choppy. Not buying it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join