It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object in sky captivates locals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

www.ufostalker.com...
Another report

My neighbor's small daughter noticed a very bright star that shown in the middle of the day, that didn't move, and brought it to my attention. The sky was clear, free of clouds, and blue. Visibility was unlimited. The temperature was in the upper 60's. I had 4 visitors at the time and they all called to me to come out and look up at something strange. I got binoculars and was stunned to see a bright object that looked cylindrical, with two bright white fluorescent tubes on its sides, hanging very high in the sky. I have an 8" Meade SCT telescope and observed it at about 150 power and it was extremely clear, unmoving, or barely moving, hanging very high in the atmosphere. It was so high, it didn't appear to have shape except through binoculars. It moved ever so slightly that I used the telescope's controls to keep it centered, but it never moved more than 10 degrees from the original position in an hour and a half. I used my Canon digital camera and took about 50 photos of the object through the telescope and then shot some video also. It oscillated between dim to very bright, (sunlike), on a frequency that varied but was of about 30 seconds. If it was a balloon it would have drifted with the prevailing winds, if it was a satellite, it would have moved west to east in its orbit, and been out of sight in about 10 minutes, if it was a plane it could not stay up without moving that long. A helicopter would have run out of gas and could not have hovered that long. None of those things fit this description. It appeared to be cylindrical in shape, semi transparent, and had two very bright lines of light, vertically on its outside edges. Being an amateur astronomer, I know my planets and heavenly bodies and it was none of those. After about 2 hours of observing it through my telescope I came in to post my photos on facebook and during that time my wife came in and said it had disappeared. I am experienced with taking pictures through my telescope and I know about reflections, planets looking like ufo's and such. This wasn't even close to any of those events, and I have 5 other witnesses to prove it. They all saw it through my telescope and observed it for over an hour.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That's a lot better than the original video.
I have no idea what that is.
My first response was that it was a fuel dump, but it never seems to move or fan out any.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thanks.

It gives me the creeps in a way. What the hell is it?

I didn't know it was video I thought it was just another still pic.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

That was horrible video that shows nothing worth looking at.
I mean it never zooms out to show anything in the surroundings that could help with context and size ect.

It looks like a blurry scratch in glass catching sunlight.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Another Mufon report
www.ufostalker.com...

My cousin called my mom and told her that he and his employee had been watching a strange object in the sky for about an hour. The object was brought to their attention by the man next door. Whom, he had never spoken with. The man said he had been watching the object from his porch for about 30 minutes. When I spoke with my cousin he described the object to me and also said that airplanes kept flying by it. I then got in my car and drove to see it for myself. I arrived and could not see it with the naked eye but I could see it with binoculars. I witnessed about 3 airplanes fly past the object. It remained motionless and looked like a silver inkpen floating horizontally in the sky.It did not appear to have a flight path to me as I was there only briefly but my cousin stated that it had been closer and was moving from the right to the left (I am not sure what direction that would be but it could easily be figured out). There were 4 other witnesses there also. I had called my father who is an official in the state government and related what I had seen to him after I left the scene because I had to go pick up my child from a practice. My father later told me that as he was relating my story to one of his employees, the employee recieved a facebook message from his cousin in a town 30 miles away (South Williamson, KY) that had a picture of the object. I haven't seen the picture myself. I videoed the object and witnesses but you cannot see anything as the object was so very far away. My cousin took pictures while it was closer before I arrived but you cannot see anything on those but we hope that maybe with the right equipment they can be blown-up and maybe be seen. After I picked up my child from her practice she wanted to go see it but after calling my cousin he stated that you could no longer see it as it had moved beyond the tree-line.It was obviously being watched by our government because of all the planes flying by it. My cousin states that they do not usually fly over the area and definitly not that many. I could not make out what kind of planes they were but we got video of some of them and you can see a lot of vapor trails from them. I don't know what it is. Maybe extraterrestrial, maybe a drone or satalite from a foriegn country that invaded our airspace. I don't have any idea but I believe that those airplanes were diffinitly interested in it.While I was there my cousin said they had seen 16 fly by it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

Seems a lot of the persons who saw it have video and photos.

blog.sightingsreport.com...

edit on 19-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That's the really really big piece
off the Curiosity rover.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Looks like a very large clear plastic balloon to me. It's clearly transparent but reflecting sunlight. People launch such things all the time, apparently. I suppose they get a kick out of posts and reports like this.

That's my best guess.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Looks like a very large clear plastic balloon to me. It's clearly transparent but reflecting sunlight. People launch such things all the time, apparently. I suppose they get a kick out of posts and reports like this.

That's my best guess.

yes kite like, now if they saw it zoom off I would be awed! But then it was seen over many towns and seems to have traveled around.

www.ufoeyes.com...
edit on 19-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I think the "kites" may have it, found something pretty close...

Found it here...
Reaching High In The Sky For Wind Power

Here’s the thing about wind: he higher you go, the more of it there is. At a couple thousand feet altitude, wind speeds are twice, even three times what they are on the ground. And when it comes to producing power from the wind, that’s only the beginning of the story. As aerospace engineer Mark Moore said in a NASA press release, “The power goes up with the cube of that wind velocity, so it’s eight to 27 times the power production just by getting 2,000 feet up.” Plus, Moore added, the wind velocity is more consistent aloft.

It sounds fanciful – pie in the sky, you might say – but Moore is studying possible ways to take advantage of this superior, higher-up wind to produce power. He won a $100,000 grant to conduct the first federally funded research into advanced wind-borne energy concepts. Among the ideas he’s toying with: a funnel-shaped blimp with a turbine at its back, a balloon with rotating vanes, a truss-braced wing, a parachute … what the heck, even a kite.

Mystery solved?

ETA: article was posted on December 22nd, 2010, plenty of time to build a prototype perhaps.
edit on 10/19/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It probably the orbital ascender that JP is working on?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Kentucky seems to be an amazing hot spot.

1948 report where a pilot died was weird...so this one could be real if that was.

described the object "as having the appearance of a flaming red cone trailing a gaseous green mist" and observed the object for around 35 minutes

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kennethmd

The what that who is working on?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

blog.sightingsreport.com...

It was still there, so I ran inside for my binoculars. I was stunned to see that is was perfectly symmetrical, rounded at both ends, dimensionally 1 unit in diameter by maybe 5-6 units in length, with 2 dark spots at either end. Those dark spots turned out to be lights. They pulsed on for a second or two, then dimmed dark. Not on and off like a light switch. The light seemed of the palest white-yellow.

So if it had lights flashing on and off or whatever it must be more than just some balloon.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What's the point in calling the cops? What are they going to tazer the object, or shoot it with their 9mm that won't even reach it?
Why be frighten of it, the thing is up there, not down here?

BTW it looks like the Chinese lanterns have taken a turn for clear plastic condoms. That's what it looks like.

edit on 19-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thats an Inter dimensional object / Demonoic deception

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It's kinda true. I'd like to listen to one of the calls just to see how you report a ufo to the state police and how they respond.

I think I would use a payphone.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I bet their tazers can't even reach that high.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Looks like a Solar Balloon?
One of these, but using clear plastic?

edit on 19-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Haha, right in my Gramps back yard.
Go figure.
Hope he's ready.
He's had a hard life including being struck by lightening 'twice'.
I suppose that was a wakeup call.

In his nineties and still climbing mountains until 'this' year.
Interesting story about the homestead as his family was one of the first in Pike county to settle with the Cherokee Indians and still knows of the medicinal values of all the plants/herbs of the mountiains and still farms his own fruits/vegetables and has his own spring fed well and natural gas. He's a good example of longevity while living with nature.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join